1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Gammo Coyote

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by thumbhole, Oct 2, 2014.

1. thumbhole

thumbhole Keyboard Hero

I have had the chance to test both the Coyote and Walther R8 over the past few weeks. Walther was only available in 22 :( anyway to cut a long story short. I decided to have the Coyote as the R8 was not as accurate and made a noise from the action when fired. I will try a 177 when, they are available, to see if anything has improved as they are a loooooooong time making them available. Back to the Coyote from a 232 bar fill as instructions suggest i got 10 magazine out of it 100 shots. :cool:
    There was still 110 bar showing on the gauge so a few more available no doubt. The accuracy was very good at 30 yards all ten shots were under a 5p piece all shots taken FT sitting position outside with wind present had sprouts before went out.:D
    40 yards were under 20p piece well impressed and only had a tin of superdomes with me. Will try some AA and JSB and Cross Prems over the weekend. Stock could do with a thumb groove at rear but over all is a good stock. The magnetic magazine worked faultless and held in fine I even shook the rifle to see if I could dislodge it. It held firm no worries there. The fill cap is a bit iffy you have to pull it off to expose the filling port would have been better to rotate and expose the hole. But suppose they had to save pennies some how. I am pleased with it and for the money for a brand new gun is very good value. :)

2. culcreuch

culcreuch Donator

Nothing like making life difficult for me! I have been considering either a Coyote on an R8....but had almost changed my mind in favour of a quality springer. I will be watching this one with interest.

Brian

3. Silwer

Silwer Member

Yes i Think it's smart to wait i while to get more info on these Before deciding, seems like they differs between invidual guns a lot more than the more expensive PCPs.

Maybe they need a runaround first and be addressed by the manufacturers some.

On the paper the R8 has the advantage, but as we know that can be a different tale on the field, R8 is an 850 multishooter so it is build on that system, i have read that it has a lot of noticable hammerbouncing a not so good trigger this in your 12FPE, the bouncng is probably not a problem i fullpower, but it is using unessesary amounts of air for countries with a powerlimit.

It's not sold here yet and no one has imported one, the Gamo Coyote may naver come here as the BSA Buccaneer .177 is imported and seems to be the same airgun but a lightly different stock, i thought just that one has a BSA barrel, it is engraved on the barrel BSA, but people says the Gamo Coyote has a BSA barrel too?

Ans well people bougt a lot of them fast and well a lot of magazinetroubles as it will not index correctly with some pellets and is damage them when loaded into the barrel.
    I don't know if Sweden got a unlycky portion of them just, they give very low Power and we found out why, it was just German 6FPE versions (simply a hard restricted FAC) the transferhole is just 1.4mm and the hammerspring tension is all out, it doesn't make a good match, we have a 10J limit here (about 7.4FPE) so we noticed it quite fast, so people is boring the transferport and try to make a sensible way to meke it work in 10J.

4. Lincoln

Lincoln Engaging Member

R8 trigger is good - possibly not as light as some might prefer, but personally l find it ideal .. going to adjust travel. From the factory they have adjusted it to a longer travel, again a personal choice.

R8 magazine is alloy and filling is simplicity in itself. Can be done single handedly. Noticed whilst not bad, Superdomes are not the best pellet of choice for the R8. Same can be said of Accupell's, possibly a wee bit tighter grouping with the latter. Superdome "field were better then l expected though. Ive used, AA Hunters, Barracuda's and Daystate pellets also. Waiting to try some JSB Exacts. If as l expect them to perform the best, l will stick to those. Otherwise the trial continues ...

5. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Haven't shot either of these rifles as I'm a springer man myself but have handled them both in my local RFD,personally I preferred the Coyote on looks and feel and it looked a bit more robust but as I said to the dealer the R8 will probably be a bit more popular because the name(Walther) carries a bit more street cred and because most on this forum appear have a downer on anything Gamo which is a shame because I think the Coyote is a better gun.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  6. thumbhole

thumbhole Keyboard Hero

I have been informed by a reliable source, that the barrel, on the Coyote is BSAs own and that the only thing that is Gammos is the stock and SAT trigger unit, all are assembled at BSA so why it has EU on it dont Know. If Im wrong Im sure someone will prove and explain where I have gone wrong. Indeed the R8 suffered from valve bounce boing etc. But overall it was still a good gun, but to me not as good as the Coyote. The accuracy was poor, maybe my test gun was a bad one, but if it does not perform in the real world, its looks, handling and low cost count for nothing just my opinion.

7. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

think i`d rather buy a BSA ultra SE

8. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

+1 - me too

9. thumbhole

thumbhole Keyboard Hero

And keep filling it after 35 shots. ;):D

10. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

11. thumbhole

thumbhole Keyboard Hero

Watched it and beside boring the pants off me. I stand corrected 32 shots :eek: :down: :D What does this have to do with the Coyote other than you Like Ultras. Im trying to say that for the money and Ive had and shot everything. It shoots well. I will try and use a rest bag etc as they have in the video to see what accuracy can be got out of the Coyote but I think will be similar to the ultra as most of it comes from BSA

12. laserman

laserman Well-Known Member

Brilliant read about the coyote and this is the choice i am having between the 2.

13. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

Get the "quality springer" matey, go on you know you wanna !...:D

14. thumbhole

thumbhole Keyboard Hero

Get both :D I have quality boingers from Walther and HW ;) + the Coyote :D

15. culcreuch

culcreuch Donator

Well.... one man's meat is another man's poison....but what I am thinking of doing is getting a couple of new Hatsans and having the tuned by Welsh Willy. My missus enjoys shooting but has been disheartened by her performance with an SMK ( which I tried to discourage her from buying). She shoots well with my Remi. I fancy a .22 as an alternative to my .177.

Originally I was all in favour of buying myself either the Coyote or the R8.........but I only shoot out to 35m and I don't really want to be bothered with filling tanks. I shall however monitor the relevant threads....I could still change my mind. However it would sweeten things a little if I get her something as well.

Brian

16. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

:up::up::up:

17. El Caro

El Caro Big Poster

Check for yorself what the trigger is like in the shop before you buy one. The Gamo triggers are well known for being the worst on the market:eek:. Dont justbelieve what the "reviews" say. It may be a cheapo rifle but its still a lot of money to lay out and find its a pile of poo.

18. Patrick

Patrick Donator

I've got some Hatsan springers,Mod 55s,60s and 95 and the trigger on them(Quattro trigger) is a very good trigger,equal or even better to the triggers on more expensive rifles.Spend a little time adjusting it to your liking and it'll be difficult to better it.If you get a Hatsan for the missus you may find she has a bit of difficulty loading it at first because the gun has a stiff barrel lockup(not helped by the barrel pivot bolt being done up extremely tight at the factory)until the gun wears in a bit.Some lube in that area helps.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  19. trumpetier

trumpetier Major Poster

Everytime i see the name i want to add ugly to the title and i havnt even seen the film :eek: :p

20. thumbhole

thumbhole Keyboard Hero

LOL are you on the right thread. :rolleyes: