1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

FX T12 Stripdown

Discussion in 'Technical' started by FXpoacher, May 1, 2008.

1. FXpoacher

FXpoacher Engaging Member

OK, i woke up at 5am, realised that it's a public holiday and thought why not do it now!

The shot count was annoying me so thought i would change out the bit's and put it down in power.

Disclaimer:
    If you follow these instructions, it is at your OWN RISK!
    Extreme caution is recomended if stripping down a PCP!
    Think about it, you've got 200bar wrapped in metal right beside your head!.
    Any injury or damage to you or your property is down to you!, if you don't feel confident to strip your rifle, then don't do it!.

Ok, now to the fun bit.

Here she is still dressed in sexy dark walnut:

FXT12001.jpg

And Naked!:

FXT12002.jpg

First you remove the barrel support, by loosening the small grubb screw with an allen key, and slide it off the end:

FXT12003.jpg

Then loosen the 2 grub screws, with the same allen key, and remove barrel. (TIP: put a small pencil mark on the barrel, so you know exactly where the top is, as you need to make sure the transfer ports line up exactly with reassembly!)

FXT12004.jpg

All the big bit's disassembled:

FXT12005.jpg

Now, unscrew the hammer spring screw and remove guide and spring.
    Unscrew bolt handle. Push out the 3 splints that retain trigger mechinism, starting left to right, noteing EXACTLY how it all sit's in there.
    With the trigger out, you can then remove the hammer and bolt assembly:

FXT12006.jpg

As i'm reducing power the hammer spring is going to be changed back to the standard one. Above is the standard Typhoon spring and guide,
    Below is, (left to right) The hammer, The "japan" hammer weight, Hammer spring from an FX cyclone and an 8mm spring adjuster.

FXT12007.jpg

Next i have removed the valve from the air tube.
    First: be very carefull here as we are talking 200bar!!!
    Hold the tube VERY TIGHTLY with one hand, with the valve down on a hard surface. Strike the front end of the tube with the palm of your hand in a downwards movement to release the pressure. You may need to do this a couple of times to completly empty the tube.
    Now it is possible you will need to go change your pants after that, but as long as you grip the the tube firmly and have safety glass's on, no problems.
    Then it's just a case of unscrewing the valve housing from the tube.
    Note iv'e put brown tape over the open end to keep out dust.

FXT12008.jpg

Remove the plastic restrictor with a "suitable" tool. Personly i use a wood chisel and lever it out.
    Then with a small allen key push out the valve and spring.
    These must be kept absloutly clean and dust free!!!!!

FXT12009.jpg

Now as i said, as i'm taking this down to 12ftpounds the restrictor plug needs to be changed to a standard 2mm hole.
    This serves the purpose of not allowing too much air to pass.
    This MUST be the same size as the transfer port in the block or you just use more air!!.
    Here you can see the difference in hole size:

FXT12010.jpg

Now this is where it becomes non standard.
    ***These mods i have done have blown any warranty, and if you don't have an FAC are also unadvisable to try!***

The silver screw has beed fitted as i needed to drill out and retap the standard hole to 8mm, allowing me access to the transferport.

FXT12011.jpg

The transferport has been drilled and tapped to M6 to allow me to fit a grubscrew. The grub screws have been drilled to 2mm(12ftpounds) and 4mm(FAC).

FXT12012.jpg

These are then screwed in using an allen key, allowing me to change power, Fiddley but the best solution in the end!:

FXT12013.jpg

Now it's just a case of cleaning,greasing and reassembly:

A small amount of retoline grease,(The grease FX use)on all the 'O' rings, trigger bits, hammer spring and guide. Do not grease the hammer itself as this can slow it down.
    Reassembly is in the opposite order.
    Then its just to chrono it and zero in.

Mine is now spitting out RWS superdomes at a steady 185mps
    With only a 2mps difference over 85shots!
    Oh well time to get the pump out again!

I strongly reccomend that you have access to a chrono as the hammer spring tension screw is sensitive. 1/2 a turn to much and you will be over the legal limit!!

A good tip is to refit the stock screw into the block when you fire it over the chrono as otherwise you can't acces the hammer spring screw.
    Good luck

2. Leeman

Leeman Busy Member

Thank you very much for the stripdown, very informatimative.

I am going to be purchasing a FX Gladiator DA very soon with, as i have been waiting for them to be available in UK.

3. FXpoacher

FXpoacher Engaging Member

Gladiator is a completly different rifle, but having said that, FX rifles are the most "Tune up" friendly rifles on the market!.Also the power adjuster has "inserts" put in the holes to restrict power output. When/if you have an FAC, it's just a case of pushing them out and whoosh, full power!:)

I'm not sure if my next one will be a gladiator or a whisper:D
    (Have to wait and see what the missus says:eek:)

4. andyh

andyh Engaging Member

BAR - PSI, didn't realise how much pressure there is in there!

Good informative piece matey, out of interest I wondered what 200 bar is when converted to PSI, found a converter on internet and couldn't believe its 2900.76 psi (is that right) ?, you're right, don't want that exploding next to your bonce, give you a hell of a headache :D

5. tei

tei Newbie

tei

i have a fx cyclone is it hard to turn power up a little bit

6. fxuser

fxuser Newbie

aircapacity

Hey Poacher,
    my black plastic restrictor cap has a holesize of 4mm,
    my tansferport a size of 3mm, i loosing to much air per shot ?
    use a standard t12-hammerspring
    was a compromise between shotcount and air capacity ;)
    greets Ralph

7. Comp

Comp Engaging Member

Yep, thats right!!! so be careful!!! ! bar is roughly 14 PSI, so 100 bar 1400 PSI, 200 bar 2800PSI,.... (Just a rough guide, but near enough!!) so be very careful!!!

8. fxuser

fxuser Newbie

high pressure

Yeah, but so far i know the Airtubes will be testet at 300 bar !

9. noluv6

noluv6 Engaging Member

Been available age's.
    The new one has regulator;).

Nice review and how easy it would be to make that action is un believable.

You seen the new semi auto and fully auto fxs:eek:.

See our law is funny as we are allowed revolver semi or fully auto but i cant understand how the pistols are legal but rifle aint.

10. noluv6

noluv6 Engaging Member

Probably more than that.

11. jon_h

jon_h Newbie

FX poacher ive read the above and its a great guide but where do you get the different spring and japan weight? I cant seem to find anything on the internet. I want to change the standard spring on my logun solo as to try and reduce the noise its making. Cheers for any help.

12. amaser1

amaser1 Donator

sweet guide......

Al

13. docP

docP Member

nice guide, thank you :cool:

14. The Bailiff

The Bailiff Busy Member

Excellent Guide....i have just tried stripping my Falcon like that! anyone seen my spring?:doh:

15. Dalork

Dalork Newbie

Anyone know where I can find a take down of the FX Storm ? I'd really love to be able to strip mine down and also be able to tune it better.

Have looked everywhere, seems to be little info about.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  16. halight

halight Busy Member

Very good strip down guide mate.
    It would be great if others who strip down there Rifles post pics and guids to doing it. We could then build up a great daterbacse of guides then

17. Billy the Kidd

Billy the Kidd Member

Is there any one out there who knows how to strip a Fx verminator

18. emin-j

emin-j Busy Member

Hi All , Just been reading the FX T12 strip down and this looks exactly like my Logun Solo , as my Solo is only running at 9 ftlb I have been using the information and my Chrono to attempt to bring the power back up to 11 ish ftlb . Initially I thought adjusting the ' brass guide ' which is threaded and puts more preload on the Hammer Spring was the way to go and this did bring the power up to 10.6 ftlb but the Rifle has been unreliable following the adjustment and sometimes fires with just a ' Phuut ' :(
    I have since noticed that near the bottom of the FX T12 strip down page the poster has written -

A good tip is to refit the stock screw into the block when you fire it over the chrono as otherwise you can't acces the hammer spring screw .

Where is this hammer spring screw :confused: it cant be the one I have been adjusting because this is easily accessible and nowhere near the stock screw :confused:
    Your help please .

19. hunterz

hunterz Active Member

Hi did you ever find the anwser to this as I would like to know aswell

20. kenhawker

kenhawker Honorary Member

Thanks for the information.

Atb

Ken.