1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Fx Impact - Talk To Me

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by hamza, Sep 14, 2019.

1. hamza

hamza Busy Member

So further in my quest for the ultimate plinker I'm taking a closer look at the FX Impact.

It seems there were a lot of problems with early one, am I right in thinking these are sorted out now? Is it still th case if you buy a new one expect it to back at least once?

I'd be looking at a Mk1 I think given that Mk2 are essentially non existent. How I can tell how old a Mk1 is though and whether or not it has the newer STX barrel in it.

Were there any changes within the Mk1 and anything to avoid when buying one?

Are they even worth getting in sub 12? Or should go and get an FAC first then get an FAC version? (And then where would I even shoot it, I don't hunt).

How much should I expect to pay for a used Mk1? How about an almost new one from a RFD with 9 months warranty still on it?

@Air arms boy i know, I know RTI Priest 2 right? Just not sure I'd be able to sell it on without taking a massive loss on it when I get bored with it or decide I don't like it. Also information on them in sub 12 format is a bit sparse.

Thanks all!

mmamonster likes this.
  2. mmamonster

mmamonster Big Poster

I had my mark 1 from day one, never had any problems with it and I have alot of top end guns so I have a right to compare it.
    Its lighter than my other guns, more accurate than my bobcat, pulsars, cricket, hw100, wolverine.
    There is just something about it.

Some people will slag fx off, weather they have owned one or not. It's just what they do to justify not spending there money.

I read on a forum that the latest version come with a full shroud and not the telescopic shroud. I don't know how true this is.

Atb
    Mart

TR158, Shoto1 and hamza like this.
  3. Air arms boy

Air arms boy Wear sunscreen!

Really....good luck with your impact ownership you will need it:D

4. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

hamza and PumpnGun like this.
  5. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

hamza and PumpnGun like this.
  6. hamza

hamza Busy Member

For now I'm exploring and seeing if it fits what I want... though it does seem a dose of luck may be needed

Air arms boy likes this.
  7. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Very Active

The problem is generally not the gun, it's the people who tinker with them and muck them up, then blaming the gun.

If you get a S/H one that hasn't been tinkered with you will be lucky indeed IMO, the safest bet with the IMPACT is to get the version before the MKII which came out late last year, it has 3 horizontal lines above the trigger-guard, MKII variants can be made from this by changing the gauges and the mag system, except for the increase in power available which for 12FPE is of no use.

JLB and Tim_B like this.
  8. bucketboy

bucketboy Keyboard Hero

I am sure that to a degree that is true but the biggest problem is fx themselves. They release a new gun every other week before they have sorted out issues on the previous model.

No two Impacts ( likely other models too) are leaving the assembly line built the same even though they are supposedly built to the same spec.
    Fixed shrouds on some, telescopic on other, large plenum, small plenum, new gauges, old gauges Even the USA version seems to have varied parts, some fitted with one piece valve, others two.

It would seem that guns are being made from whatever parts are laying around.

QC does seem a little ambiguous at fx.

Bb

hamza likes this.
  9. hamza

hamza Busy Member

For a £1700 gun that sounds abysmal!

10. JLB

JLB Engaging Member

Had my MKII since May this year, hasn't missed a beat yet. I was a little disappointed that it came with the extending shroud, as mentioned they were supposed to arrive with a fixed shroud & silencer. It has got the new guages & 28 shot mag system though. I would agree that quality control in terms of bit's fitted is a bit lacking and suggests that they are using bits up on assembly, but function is fine so far.

John :)

11. Keith McCabe

Keith McCabe Engaging Member

MkII for a week and as youd expect no issues at present. It's the fac version and pretty much one hole groups with .25 JSB 25 grain at 25yards.

12. hamza

hamza Busy Member

I should hope so at 25yards. Even my old Relum would that :)

Hopefully it's still grouping right at 50yards when you get a chance to try it out at longer ranges.

Keith McCabe likes this.
  13. hamza

hamza Busy Member

14. Keith McCabe

I didn't see much point in attempting to zero at 50yards until its sorted closer. 50 is my next step

15. Keith McCabe

16. hamza

hamza Busy Member

That was new right?

Any ideas on second hand values?

Keith McCabe likes this.
  17. Keith McCabe

New MKII no idea on second hand.

18. Pellet pinger

Pellet pinger Donator

If you want one and you have the dosh buy one mate, life’s to short to worry about what potentially could happen, I bought one and haven’t regretted it a single bit, mine makes me smile every time I pull the trigger and amazes me how consistent and accurate it is, a year and a half down the line and over 10k pellets through it.
    Has to be said I couldn’t justify the money on a sub 12 so I went .25 FAC.
    If you buy a second hand one, don’t worry about which version it is, just insist you can test it properly at a range or in suitable conditions off a bench rested etc, if it groups well and you like the feel there’s absolutely no reason why you shouldn’t buy it.

19. hamza

hamza Busy Member

Yea see this is the bit that makes wonder if it's a gun that's worth buying in sub 12.

Maybe I should get an FAC license first if I really want one? My big question this is, where would I use a FAC rifle? Not for plinking in the garden and none of my local clubs allow FAC... which then brings me back to is the Impact a good choice at all. Confusing!

20. Drake267

Drake267 Big Poster

If you have no where to shoot fac then you wouldn’t be granted one anyway.

I had one of the latest mk1 impacts, had the 3 lines on the block. Was fitted with the latest amp reg and I loved it. Put a huge smile on my face but, it was terrible over the first 5 or 6 shots after being stood a while, overnight sort of thing. First shot would be 50-60fps low, then it would creep up over the next few. Then be fine and quite consistent, if shot quickly, if shot slowly then it wouldn’t be as consistent. I rectified it with reg pressure and hammer tension but it sent it over 12ft lb so had to drop it back down. Couldn't eradicate that inconsistency in it. Sold it off in the end but I would have another, as a plinker/hunter I think they’re ideal but it would go to airfecfive to be sorted properly if I got another. So personally if I were you and you want one then just try it out and see if it’s consistent, or factor in sending it off to airfective when pricing it. I wouldn’t rely on fx sorting out their QC issues. Mine had the latest reg and it still want great.

PumpnGun and hamza like this.