1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

FX Impact or Daystate Pulsar?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Supa Koopa, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Supa Koopa

Supa Koopa Engaging Member

FX Impact or Daystate Pulsar?

So just throwing it out there. If you had the cash to buy one of the two which would you buy?

2. Dave Shepard

Dave Shepard Engaging Member

I would buy the Impact. Neither is a great looking gun to me, but the Impact does have an edge there. I would be buying full power, so the different barrels and adjustability are very appealing. Also, 100+ shot count in .25 FAC is impressive.

3. Samobaggins

Samobaggins Keyboard Hero

Import an impact tuned to 16 joules then you get all the bells and whistles. If FAC over 150 shots at 50fbs .22.

4. jameswrx

jameswrx Engaging Member

Must be some seriously heavy pellets in .22 to be doing that power? Did you mean .25?

If you're going FAC I'd get the impact, if not I wouldn't get either.

5. Samobaggins

If you like YouTube watch teds hold over(he does now use .25) and airgun SA. they both use them set as fac. Not sure on the weight of the pellet.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  6. jameswrx

jameswrx Engaging Member

Even with JSB heavies at 18.1 grain that's over 1100fps which is too fast for a stable pellet.

Normally .22 in FAC would be around 30FPE for a good speed for accuracy.

Obviously it's possible but it's a more common figure for .25 calibre

7. Supa Koopa

Sorry but it would be .177 and non fac. Nothing else is floating my boat at the moment and I can't decide which to get or whether to even bother...! :(

8. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

impact the pulsar is ugly

9. bucketboy

bucketboy Keyboard Hero

I would get an imported impact, the U.K. Spec has been castrated to conform to A/T rules

JLB likes this.
  10. Samobaggins

Pulsar has sooooooo much that can go wrong and at £250 base line for a service or repair I'd import a impact so it is as it was intended. The fbs I've only quoted what Matt Dubber on airguns SA quoted in a vid of his.

border likes this.
  11. Jemsbro

Jemsbro Engaging Member

Daystate monster are 25.4 grains which would be 50 ftlbs at 940fps.

12. Supa Koopa

not sure about importing one as I can't seem to find anywhere that's as cheap as a UK in UK spec. Just a bit worried that I might end up wrong side of the law or what I'd do with any warranty claims.

13. fencer35

fencer35 Engaging Member

Wouldnt buy either
    The Daystate is full of unneccassary electronic rubbish that will go wrong.
    The FX is ugly & overpriced

Better guns can be had for less money, better looking and be as accurate.

More expensive the gun dont make you a better shot !

14. Carty87

Carty87 Donator

yeah but with an impact you will look and feel like a hunter sent from the future! Fwiw I would get an impact but only on fac so you can fully realise it's potential. If not HW100 all the way!

15. metalman

metalman Keyboard Hero

What would you suggest that has forward cocking

16. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

I recently bought a secondhand .22 Brocock Super 6, which is just as accurate as my FX Impact out to mid ranges for sub12 FPE Airguns...

I still enjoy owning and shooting the Impact.. I didn't buy it to become a better shot; (I bought my HW80 for that).

17. Supa Koopa

It still amazes me that no matter what rifle anyone asks questions about it always comes back to just get a HW100. Trouble is not everyone likes the looks or handling of it or wants to go shooting fluffy things. I've got an FTP900 but wanted something different when I'm on the range that wasn't a low shot count, ugly paddle looking thing. :) The Pulsar or Impact were the only two I was thinking about, hence why I asked about them. I hoped I might get a bit of input from owners possibly. I don't want or need a FAC as I don't go hunting and the club obviously won't allow them.

I'll keep looking I guess.

thumbhole likes this.
  18. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

Have a read of my thread for my FX Impact - might give you some more information / help you to decide.

Good luck.

http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums...es-and-makes-an-immediate-Impact?goto=newpost

19. Funky Diver

Funky Diver Donator

I love the looks of the Kalibrgun Cricket, but the Impact would be my choice of the two you posted purely from the element that the electronics in the Pulsar (IMHO) is just a gimmick.

The Pulsar? End of the day, it's a linear solenoid activated hammer... the rest is old tech. There isn't even that much adjustment available to it in terms of dwell time, etc.

The Impact, even non-FAC I love the idea of being able to swap out barrels, but I'd probably want to go FAC for that to enjoy long range shots with the bigger calibres on offer. I also like the adjust-ability available on it too, without it being too faffy.

20. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

It's not easy to keep strictly on topic with questions such as you've asked. There's not going to be many owners of either gun so most of what will be written will be opinion or recycled info, possibly not from reliable sources. In the end most people will have a preference for one maker over the other and, as things stand currently, Daystate are getting a lot of stick over quality control and customer service issues on top of the usual niggles about pricing.
    Wanting something different is good enough reason to own a gun although if you're shooting at a range is shot count such an issue?
    If I were making that choice, for my own use which is mainly NOT target shooting, I would have the Impact - if I thin down my collection I may well get one in the next few months. Of course there are plenty of 'different' guns that could be considered (which is why some people have suggested them) but decisions like this are always going to be a matter of personal choice and the better option will be the one that you feel happier with, other peoples opinions aren't going to be much help.