1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Fx Impact Mk2 Faulty And Repair

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Figgy, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Figgy

Figgy Very Active

Well after my faulty impact has been away for four weeks for repairs. I got a call Thursday to say it will be getting dropped off Friday, I asked if all the faults had been fixed reg creep faulty guages and the valve stem sticking up proud of the valve housing, oy by a little but not right and not how it was. I did post about it.
    Was told on the phone that gun would be checked by the dealers gunsmith and if all was well sent back to me.
    Fella turned up with my gun and said I'll just check it over before you go. No probs he said.
    I noticed the valve stem was the same as before it went and pointing it out as he collected it and knew. Then fired the gun noticing the reg pressure and after a few shots it settled below the standing pressure, reg not fixed and still creeping.
    Thought right I'm getting more peed off by the minute at this point. Pulled the bottle fired off the air the faulty guages haven't been touched.
    So it went away on 14 February with a printed sheet listing all the faults so there could be no misunderstanding, and came back with all the same faults. I had rang the dealer after a couple of weeks asking about my gun, to be told as soon as it's fixed and back sir it will be sent straight back to you.
    So I bought a quite expensive gun with 12 months warranty, for it to go wrong after only a few months and then don't have it for a month while it's supposed to be getting fixed. I spoke to the gunsmith on the phone to be told I checked it over a chrono and it was consistent and we left it overnight checking it wasn't leaking, :mad::facepalm: it wasn't leaking in the first place.
    I asked him did you read the sheet with faults on, no didn't see it he said. By this point I thought my oh my I'm going to go pop soon. I bought a gun to only get 11 months warranty or less now and don't get to use it for a month into the deal:frusty:
    Gun gone straight back with driver, I'm waiting to see what happens now.
    Sorry for the long rant but I'm totally peed off so far. :coffee:

2. Jay Butts

Jay Butts Life, it’s so much better than the alternative!

That’s appalling service! Mate, nobody deserves that! Name and shame the RFD!

Really hope it gets sorted for you, shouldn’t happen on any gun let alone one with such a reputation!!!

3. Mice!

Mice! Pro Poster

If that's not worth a rant I don't know what is, you buy a new gun for peace of mind and the warranty.

I would say you want a full 12 months warranty when you get the gun back or a refund?

Also can't believe you only get a 12 month warranty?

4. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark I see light at the end of the tunnel!

Okay, when you say "reg creep" what do you mean exactly?

Secondly "faulty gauges"? what reading off? if so by how much?

Valve stem? I presume it's a 12FPE gun? the stem does nothing!

In fairness these issues don't happen with FAC guns generally, with a 12FPE FX it should be considered "normal practice IMO" to expect to take the gun to AIRFECTIVE or the like and get it properly tuned, unless you can do it yourself?

Not trying to be negative but again IMO the 12FPE guns are modified to conform to the law and this makes the initial set up not very good generally, the SGC guns dont have the rubber bung in the reg, but they remove the reg washers so the guns cant go above a very low reg pressure (which can excacerbate the reg "settling issue".

These can all be tuned so the guns work really 12FPE you just have to know what you are doing or be prepared to go to an expert tuner.

mmamonster and evenbad like this.
  5. Jiggy ward

Jiggy ward Donator

If and when I buy a new gun it's going to be from only one of two places that do life time warranty that I know of

Shame the rifle went wrong as I'm sure once sorted it will be a cracker, I'd certainly be mad with the shop a d possibly try getting a refund then try elsewhere for same rifle

Mice! likes this.
  6. Lordy 74

Lordy 74 Big Poster

Your RFD seems not to have taken a blind bit of notice of your efforts in explaining exactly what is wrong with your gun which you clearly did to avoid these exact circumstances . We are talking about alot of money here . I think your RFD has shown liitle interest in both your efforts and your rifle . I would get a refund if possible , im sure you can and take your hard earned elsewhere . I would not use him again if it were me . I am angry for you and you rant my friend you are certainly entitled and if you do feel he has been negligent tell us so we also can avoid . Awful service. Ive owned cars costing less and lasting longer .

Popgun, Sanguinius, Mice! and 2 others like this.
  7. Figgy

Figgy Very Active

Spray1Mark,
    The reg creeps up when gun is left standing for a while so if I take a shot the pellet drops well bellow the target, can't remember by how much the creep but iirc it was ten bar or so on the guage, the creep is enough the pellet drop is enough to miss by a good four to six inches on first shot depending on range the rest of the shots are fine so long as the gun isn't left sitting.
    The guages are out by 50 on fill guage but it's not a consistent 50 bar, it's reads 50 with no air in gun. When filled off my cylinder its about 30bar iirc different. The reg guage reads 20 bar with no air in gun. So who knows what the reg is at ?
    The valve stem has to move to let air out the valve, this is now sticking out a bit from the face where mag goes. It never was before, I thought the C3 bumper had gone when FPS dropped and it got all inconsistent. Then I checked the valve stem.
    Regardless of sub12 it wasn't like this when I bought it. FX should have sorted the internals for sub12.
    It used to be so silly accurate and consistent, then started going to pot.
    Hopefully I'll get sorted with it.
    I know what your saying with fac fins as parts are moving more and more pressure mean less inconsistencies.

Sanguinius, Jay Butts and evenbad like this.
  8. Figgy

Figgy Very Active

@Mark lord ,
    I said this to the dealer about cars.

I said imagine you buy a car and the Speedo statted reading 50 when your stood still. You wouldn't accept it. Especially with the other faults too. Then the dealer had it a month and it came back exactly the same. Appears it sat on a shelf at SGC and then got sent back without being looked at. The fault sheet was with the gun in its case.
    As for FX guages, inaccurate readings isn't on the price the guns are.

9. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Well and truly mugged off by the sound of it and if it comes back still not sorted, you are quite within your rights to demand a replacement or refund :down:

10. Rob-ontarget

Rob-ontarget Donator

Airgun center in Rayleigh but what’s the other one?
    Ronnie Sunshine used to do a lifetime warranty but they don’t offer it now..:(

11. Jiggy ward

Jiggy ward Donator

Redbeck shooting supplies it's only on afew rifles but the one I'm looking at again is on the list

12. smudger1234

smudger1234 Guest

FX rifles come with a 2yr warranty as standard.

evenbad likes this.
  13. evenbad

evenbad Evenbad

Names and shame terrible way to treat someone who payed for a high end gun and definitely faulty

14. Jiggy ward

Jiggy ward Donator

See Post 8 figgy said Sat on a shelf at SGC mid post so I'm taking it was sportsman gun center

15. Figgy

Figgy Very Active

SGC are the repair agents for FX, the gun will originally came from ASI.
    I did not buy from SGC.

I won't name the dealer yet, I'll give them the chance to contact me with a satisfactory resolution first.

evenbad and Jiggy ward like this.
  16. Jay Butts

Jay Butts Life, it’s so much better than the alternative!

I’ve bought a ton of stuff from SGC and can’t recommend them highly enough!

I think they have become the UK importer for FX now so wherever you buy one it will come from them anyway......Hull Cartridge / Weihrauch style.

17. Petay

Petay Donator

SGC are now the importer, not ASI but that change was recent so hard to say if yours is an ASI or SGC import.

As @Spray1Mark says these guns are not built to perform at sub 12. I absolutely don't agree with his view that you should be prepared to get them sorted by a third party or do the work yourself.
    Whilst i accept almost all guns can benefit from fettling to improve them my experience of FX is it's more likely to not work out the box than it is likely to work.

If it were me I'd ask for my money back and invest elsewhere unless you intend to apply for a FAC.

18. Spray1Mark

I totally understand my point of view on accepting what you get is contraversial and probably unpopular, the importers are only really concerned with making the gun legal to sell, they expect people will tinker.

SGC have a very much more radical way of getting the guns to conform to the law than ASI did.

I like the product, it will work well in sub 12, but most need work, if you buy from Countryway what you save is usually enough to pay for the tuning work.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    Tim_B likes this.
  19. Spray1Mark

Makes sense now, I had an FAC IMPACT go after about 3 weeks total loss of power, problem C3 bumper failure, in fairness I cranked the gun way up which exacerbated the issue.

I check the gauges straight away out of the box with a digital gauge in their place, most are out upto 20 bar but 50 is ridiculous! the new gauges are better, a gun I got last week both gauges are absolutely spot on with the readings.

Jefsky on here and his son have solved the reg creep issue by polishing the face of the piston, HUMA regs have different materials and don't suffer the same issue generally.

What is most annoying about your situation in my opinion is you have lost confidence in a once great gun, thats the sad part, I feel for you on that one! I have grown to accept my FX guns will need a re-build and service every 6 months or so else they go South, but I do run them very hard.

Hope you get it sorted.

Figgy likes this.
  20. chuggypop

chuggypop Marmite - I'm undecided.

Tell your dealer you want the gun repaired by Airfective and nobody else - those guys will make her better than new.