1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Fx Dreamline Bottle Conversion Kit

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Coyote68, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Coyote68

Coyote68 Member

I am really enjoying my dreamline lite for accuracy etc, however shot count for a day on the range could be better. Before I take the plunge and order the bottle conversion kit. Has anyone had experience with fitting an FX dreamline bottle adapter and new buddy bottle? I scoured online and cant find any videos or instructions, the best I can find is the dreamline CAD drawing on the FX site. From these diagrams the removal of the existing cylinder appears to be the most complicated part. I posted a question to FX support but haven't heard anything back.

2. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Very Active

I presume the cylinder is fixed? unlike the bottle which contains the valve assembly.

3. Coyote68

Coyote68 Member

If you look in this diagram ( https://fxairguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/F10057-reservdelsritning.pdf ) everything from 1-7 is part of that cylinder assembly if I look at my rifle, there does not seem to be an obvious way of removing this without causing any damage to the regulator. Was hoping someone might have done it already and give some pointers, I have no intention to ruining a perfectly working rifle.

4. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Very Active

I would call AIRFECTIVE and ask Liam,

Tim_B likes this.
  5. MartinJGUK

MartinJGUK Posting Addict

If it’s the same as the Wildcat then my guess is you have to undo the reg pressure gauge to bleed all the air out and then the air tube should unscrew. The reg, cylinder pressure gauge and fill adaptor is in the air tube so the bottle adaptor comes with all these built in and screws directly into the thread for the cylinder once you’ve removed the barrel out of the way. I’ve been keeping an eye on Krale for these but they’ve been out of stock forever

https://www.krale.shop/en/bottle-adapter-fx-dreamline.html

Tim_B likes this.
  6. Tim_B

Tim_B Very Active

hi Mart, does your wildcat not have the gold bleed screw on the side of the block? That way you don't have to touch the gauges? Ah wait, you've done the gauge conversion....same hole but not standard :D. Gotcha.

7. MartinJGUK

He’s on about the Dreamline which uses the same cylinder as the Wildcat so I was saying I think the procedure would be the same to remove it. I don’t have the Wildcat anymore Tim

Tim_B likes this.
  8. Tim_B

Tim_B Very Active

You sold something? :D

Is there no bleed screw on the Dreamline? They missed a trick there, it was very handy.

MartinJGUK likes this.
  9. MartinJGUK

Cheeky :thumb:
    There isn’t one on the Impact either you have to remove the bottle and then undo the reg gauge to depressurise it afaik

10. Tim_B

Tim_B Very Active

You can just shoot it on the crown and Impact - usually about two shots and the reg depressurises (after removing bottle of course)

The thing with the crown is taking the stock off is a ball ache due to the power wheel.....a simple U in the stock there would improve things so much

11. robs5230

robs5230 леший

Thats certainly some expensive conversion. £400 for the bottle and the adaptor :eek:

12. MartinJGUK

I’m always a bit wary of firing against a depressurised valve I know you can cause damage.
    That’s the beauty of the Impact having the hammer adjuster exposed not having to mess about with the power wheel and safety removal

Tim_B likes this.
  13. MartinJGUK

Which brings us back to the argument about the Dreamline concept costing money. The only plus side is eventually there should be a steady stream of spare parts doing the rounds on eBay etc

robs5230 likes this.
  14. Tim_B

Tim_B Very Active

It is cheaper than a new gun though. I still reckon that once people have their preferred config, they won’t change it.

MartinJGUK likes this.
  15. Coyote68

Coyote68 Member

Thanks Mark, I spoke with Liam he did not have an answer but he dis ask that I update him once i have it sorted.

16. Coyote68

Coyote68 Member

I would not have thought of loosening the regulator gauge, so a sound bit of advice thank you. I was thinking of dry firing with the hammer spring on "min" till empty and slowly unscrewing the air tube.

MartinJGUK likes this.
  17. Coyote68

Coyote68 Member

My other half keep telling me I spend to much on my air rifles, guilty as charged, but It depends which way you look at it, I could have have one of these (https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop...ries/airgun-charging-cylinders-steel-300-bar/) attached top my fill port when I bench rest which is £200 but it wont be that portable or practical, although my rifle would still be full after a few hours on the range. On the flip side an FX bottle adapter is £125 from Krale and a Best fittings 500cc Carbon buddy is £175, so for the practicality and portability I gain, I am ok with the £100 difference.

MartinJGUK likes this.
  18. v1ktor

v1ktor Engaging Member

Surely a Dreamline with a bottle is an Impact???

Dreamline Tactical.png

Impact.png

I'll grant you there is some slight difference but not a lot.

19. Coyote68

Coyote68 Member

If they where the same FX wont sell the Impact for +/- £1600 and the dreamline bottle version for +/- £1100. The Impact is much more complex and tune-able than the Dreamline, where the Dreamline is focused on being modular ("lego gun") and although with some room for tuning not as much as the impact, the FX is focused on power (longer barrel options, higher power output) and tuning for those that knows enough to tinker and tune. Just a personal opinion, some people will probably disagree, but I will only buy the impact if I need an FAC air rifle option.

20. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Very Active

As above the DL is basic VS the IMPACT, the DL like the Crown is limited in volume and therefore potential power, but in 12FPE they are capable of exactly the same thing, basically nothing LOL!