1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Question Fx Crown Regulator

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by linusridge, Jul 2, 2018.

1. linusridge

linusridge Engaging Member

Does anybody know exactly what the hard translucent substance is that FX use to set the Crown regulator to 11.4 fpe to on 25/30 Cal setting?

2. hughlle

hughlle Very Active

I doubt it, but probably just a generic clear resin. Though I imagine it would be pretty hard to remove and replace and not have FX notice the difference should it have to go in for work under warranty.

linusridge likes this.
  3. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Major Poster

Not sure what you mean there? the 25/30 is the transfer port size, it has nothing (directly) to do with the regulator pressure setting as such if that makes sense.

Perhaps post a pic of where you mean and I will look at mine?

4. linusridge

Hi mate - it's a .177, on that setting (.177/.22) on the calibre/reg adjuster it's 9.91fpe, on the 25/30 it's only 11.3fpe - I can understand why ASI have done this , bit for 60yds it'll need to be more like 11.8-9fpe.

5. hughlle

hughlle Very Active

Are you sure that it is transfer port size and not hammer spring tension?

6. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Major Poster

Yes, the hammer spring tension is marked 1-5 max and is the rear wheel.

hughlle likes this.
  7. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Major Poster

Yes as does mine produce maximum energy at the largest transfer port setting for 25/30 even though it's a .22. about 11.3 FT/ILBS.

8. hughlle

hughlle Very Active

What pellets are you intending to use at 11.9ftlb?

9. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

The .25.30 settings of the reg will manifest to higher power later down the shot count tbh u need a strong return spring which will take affect over air pressure but why should you need such a gun a .25 I sort of understand at close range 30 yards but .30 u might aswell throw a brick

10. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Major Poster

Can you re-write the above please Dave, it makes no sense to me at all and I own a Crown!
    The OP owns a .177 calibre Crown, I own a .22, the transfer port wheel on the gun IMO should have been marked up as high/med/low or such in order to prevent this confusion.
    The gun has been set up very wisely by the manufacturer to have maximum power with all the settings on maximum regardless.

PBaz Barrett and linusridge like this.
  11. Kgbmark

Kgbmark Active Member

Out of the box settings of transfer port size 25/30 and power wheel at Max gives 11.76 ft lbs on my .177 Crown using JSB Heavies 10.34 grain.

12. linusridge

Erm I really don't understand that apologies, but do you know what FX use for sealing the regulator

13. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Major Poster

Can you take a pic of what you mean? I'm stumped!
    The regulator can be user adjusted, are you saying it can't?

14. linusridge

Yes it's sealed as I the original post, but I wonder with what, it's a hard see through resin of sorts, but my Crown is too light at 11.4 fpe

15. linusridge

JSB's or AA's at 8.4grs, nice and flat

16. hughlle

hughlle Very Active

Meaning that if for some reason, the police were to take your gun, and put say a bisley magnum, or jsb heavy through it, it would be found to be running over 12ftlb and illegal.

17. linusridge

Probs JSB heavies

18. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Major Poster

To adjust the regulator pressure you use the socket screw on the underside of the gun, you know this I presume? are you saying this has some kind of sealing material on it?

19. hughlle

hughlle Very Active

If it's like the impact (and many other products) it !at have so!e resin in the screw stopping you from inserting an Allen key and adjusting it. Basically a very basic form of AT (which I imagine will result in a void warranty if messed with).

First you've stated light pellets, now you're starting heavy pellets. What have you used to read 11.4ftlb? It could be that you're close to 12 as it is using heavies.

20. linusridge

Well for heavies it would be as stated, but I'll run 8.4's, Chrony'd in this weather it'll be okay.Either way, I'll chuck it on my section 1 - I'm not bothered much. My original question is still does anybody know what gloop FX use to seal the regulator, so far everybody's off topic, running around talking about grain weights and other stuff.....I guess nobody knows?