1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Question Fx Chrono - Any Good?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by littleJon365, Sep 11, 2019 at 10:19 AM.

1. littleJon365

littleJon365 Democracy unless they disagree

Hi all,

i was thinking about getting a new chrono and wanted owners honest thoughts on the FX version. i've looked up a few posts from August and there seemed to be some inconsistency issues? have these been sorted with updates? is it worth it over others you've used?

Many thanks,
    Jon

Redcap 114 likes this.
  2. RichieRich

RichieRich Pew Pew

I was speaking to a chap at the range on Sunday, he had one and said some readings were inconsistent, but after getting a bracket to mount the chrono directly under the barrel, it improved the readings

Redcap 114 and littleJon365 like this.
  3. Richard Ellis Jones

Richard Ellis Jones Engaging Member

So basically turning it into a massive combro chronograph! Plus 4 times more expensive for something a combro already does really well.

Jukebox and littleJon365 like this.
  4. RichieRich

RichieRich Pew Pew

Yeah pretty much, But..... it does bluetooth! :whoo:

Redcap 114 likes this.
  5. Richard Ellis Jones

Couldn't care less really. Just a gimmick.
    Chronos are chronos, next thing they'll bring one out which dispenses cold beer, might be interested then.

Rm29 and littleJon365 like this.
  6. RichieRich

RichieRich Pew Pew

My Combro and Blueshot do the job nicely (minus the cold beer)

Jukebox and littleJon365 like this.
  7. littleJon365

i was planning on waiting a while to see if any ''bugs'' get ironed out with updates etc but wasn't sure if its just an overpriced bit of kit that something a third of the price will do

Richard Ellis Jones likes this.
  8. RichieRich

RichieRich Pew Pew

The combro and blueshot works well for me, and i can export the readings

littleJon365 likes this.
  9. littleJon365

ive had my combro ages. shot out the yellow guide as you do last year and have lined it up myself since, until last night (being tired) i managed to line it up wrong and broke it :facepalm: :hunting:
    so im looking at ordering something today/tomorrow. if nothing comes back on here today about the FX one then ill probably go down the same route as before, and put the change in the next rifle fund...

Jukebox likes this.
  10. Tim_B

Tim_B Very Active

Don't agree. The fact that you can now run a shot string to your phone, email the csv file and play around with graphs is exactly what the doctor ordered. Yes you can do it with a combro, but its more of a faff, plus you have to have a laptop. I won't be selling my combro (or air chrony 3 any time soon) as I like all three.

I also understand each to their own, so what works for me won't work for others :D I wish they had done blueshot for the iphone, but they didn't so the FX solution is what a lot of people have been waiting for.

In terms of use for the fx chrony, the only timeI have reverted to use my air chrony is in the back garden on the patio table where space is at a premium. Yeah I could sort something out, but whilst I have the air chrony 3, why should I - I simply put the back stop out, turn the air chrony on and shoot through it to get the numbers. :D

At the range the FX has proved very reliable, and owners of other FX chrony's like theirs so far. As I tend to shoot of bags of bipods, I probably haven't seen the inconsistency issues.

I am yet to do full comparisons to my other chrony's, but as all our chrony's are indicative only I am not that bothered about it being 10 or 20 fps out - we should be well within the 12 fpe limit for it not to make a difference.

Overall very good. If you have an air chrony 3 or similar then only the bluetooth aspect is worth the change. If you already use blueshot with a cable then there isn't much benefit to be had (as far as I can see).

There is of course the gadget/new toy aspect....I would have probably bought it for that alone :D

Redcap 114 and littleJon365 like this.
  11. Richard Ellis Jones

If I join the club and shoot the combro I'll definitely buy another one. Batteries last ages, small, don't need a smart phone to use it, loads cheaper, amazing customer support, already aligned perfectly for every shot.
    Did I miss something?

littleJon365 likes this.
  12. Tim_B

Tim_B Very Active

The combro is a good piece of kit and I won't sell mine. The F1 I had was too light sensitive, but a very good chrony when you got it right.

If you are unsure of the FX then I would throughly recommend the Air Chrony 3 - its been faultless for about a year now and on my third set of batteries....they last pretty well.....better than the combro anyway :D You can also attach it to a laptop to do live shot strings into the software, or download later....

Over the two, the FX is lighter, more portable and new. the air chrony 3 has been around a while, is small and portable (just not as small and portable as the fx).

Both have been in the range bag, both have done what I want them to :D

If you need a looksee I should be at Pete's on Saturday - put it through its paces and see what you think.....

littleJon365 likes this.
  13. Tim_B

Tim_B Very Active

Yeah, a real pain if doing long shot strings :D

I totally agree that as a quick check range tool its hard to beat for the money. Robins customer service is up with thebest out there and even if you do shoot it its only £7.50 for repair.

littleJon365 likes this.
  14. Richard Ellis Jones

Yes each to their own I suppose. Can't beat actually writing the shot string down though using paper and a mk1 pencil!
    Go ahead and buy one if it's your thing but it honestly won't read any shots more accurately than the much cheaper combro.
    In the end if the day that's what a chrono is for.
    If you want to email a string for some strange reason, scan or re-type it and send away. The extra 100 quid isn't worth it and of course you'll need to splash out on an aftermarket clamp just to use it accurately :facepalm:

15. Richard Ellis Jones

Yes but I've found a way around that, hire the Mrs to press the reset button between shots :thumb:

Tim_B likes this.
  16. Tim_B

Tim_B Very Active

Well I do that too, but you can certainly beat it.

No, but whilst you are still taping the combro to the end of the rifle I've done my shots and got the numbers and moved onto the next item :D It is far more convenient than the combro - yes they do the same thing.

Even marking down with a pencil, you would only type it once - directly into the spreadsheet. The csv file just makes it quicker and more convenient. Whats strange to you is bread and butter to me :D :D I would think it strange writing 100 shots down, pressing the button on the combro each time (up down, up down etc etc) then typing into a spreadsheet when I can just import the data. :D

17. Tim_B

Tim_B Very Active

If you plug it into the laptop it does it automatically.

I just get an eye roll from my other half when I say I'm going to do a shot string.....she would rather watch holby then press the combro :D

18. RichieRich

RichieRich Pew Pew

If you use it with a Blueshot interface, you don't have to reset it :) Does it automatically, and the phone app collects the shot data. Nice having it on screen so you can see each shot :)

Tim_B likes this.
  19. littleJon365

ill have a look at the blueshot later Rich, cheers.

Rm29 likes this.
  20. RichieRich

RichieRich Pew Pew

littleJon365 likes this.