1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Fx Bobcat!

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by NickHammond121, May 2, 2014.

1. NickHammond121

NickHammond121 Engaging Member

So as not to Hijack >>>THIS<<< thread any further thought I would start a new one.
    I recently decided that a bullpup rifle would be the most practical setup for my pest controlling needs (as well as a little use at the club) and decided on a Bobcat. Once I had the funds sorted I visited the RFD and placed my order (if I had wanted a .22 I could have walked out with on the same day), anyway a week later I had this:

[​IMG]

I've only dry fired it so far (whilst adjusting the trigger) and it seems to handle very well, it's not as heavy as it looks and is well balanced, the only bad thing I can think of so far is that the shroud doesn't really do an awful lot to quieten the muzzle report down. So a quick email to UK Neil last night has me ordering a M20 to 1/2"unf adapter so I can fit one of my many silencers. I have just collected it, and its now fitted to the rifle (pictures will follow). All that is needed now is some time at the club tomorrow to setup the scope (the one fitted is a temporary one until the Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40AO BDC arrives)

2. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Stunning just stunning :up:

3. Chinnymonster81

Chinnymonster81 Busy Member

Can't make up my mind about these. Think I'll have to get a propper hands on feel. Looks well made though.

4. scoie

scoie Engaging Member

I do like the look of that and with the vortex scope and mod its going to look even better

5. warrenater

warrenater Donator

mmmmmmmm nice i mustn`t lol

6. NickHammond121

A few more photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The moderator adapter will be getting anodised black, and the magpul rail is to be installed on the underside of the fore end for a bipod/lamp etc

7. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

that is very smart !

8. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

It is, great little adapter there. I'm looking forward to more pics of this set up :up:

9. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Im not into bullpubs but if I was ever to get one I think this would be my choice, I very nearly had one but its a long story.

Anyway enjoy it mate.

10. NickHammond121

Spent the day at the club today, and decided I like the Bobcat, like it a lot. I've decided to go with the Swift Stumpy silencer. It's bloomin accurate with Exacts in 4.52 flavour. Also had my best fittings fill port dust plug arrive (why FX don't supply one) and ordered a new bipod

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  11. carpp

carpp Member

Looks great, how loud is it now you have the silencer fitted? i guess it doesnt come with studs for a sling? if not do you think they will install as easy as a normal wood stock? been waiting 10 weeks for mine now, was quoted 8-12weeks for fac version :S

12. NickHammond121

Its very quiet now, the action is loud (to the shooter) but stand 2 feet away and its a different story. There are no sling studs, but they should install as well as in wood, if not even better

13. NickHammond121

Silencer adapter has gone off for anodizing , the fill port cover arrived from Best fittings and I've fitted the picatinny rail

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. DJ ratboy

DJ ratboy Engaging Member

good looking rifle mate can I ask what rifle bag is that as it has straps inside it to stop the rifle from moving about in the bag

15. NickHammond121

It's a miltec drag bag. Very similar to the AIM drag bags. I use it for my Rimfire and centerfire too

16. NickHammond121

The silencer adapter has come back from anodizing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

Anodizing has made a hell of a difference! Looks stock now :)

18. evenbad

evenbad Busy Member

Hi also got a bobcat in .177 where did you buy the magpul rail and are they expensive. ps had a UK NEIL silencer as the standard one wasnt up to much.

19. NickHammond121

>>>THIS<<< is the Magpul rail I ordered. It is slightly longer than the flat section underneath the fore end, but nobody would really notice.

I already had a few silencers, so just had Neil make up the adapter ;)

20. evenbad

evenbad Busy Member

Love my bobcat, do find it long at 39" for it to be called a bullpup but well balanced rifle and very accurate as Roland Rat has found out.Thanks for the link and will be buying one to fit my bipod on.