1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

future hft champion?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Kai87, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Kai87

Kai87 Donator

Had a good after noon with my 6 year old daughter doing a spot of target practice with a 1979 diana and an old nikko 4x30 scope

We had an assortment of tragets including 'monsters' that she had drawn for the occasion
    Bottles of water
    And Water balloons

And she seems to be interested in it, good fun all round and after the shooting session she had a go with my hw :)

Can't wait till she is strong enough to hold the rifle properly though

She wasn't interested in doing a 5 shot grouping tho lol even tho we were using the jsb's but the monsters took a good hammering :)

Attached Files:

2. allanthomas66

allanthomas66 Engaging Member

Spot on mate, it's good to see people are introducing the next generation to our beloved sport!

3. Adam_h

Adam_h Engaging Member

Great to see the youngsters taking an interest in the sport/ hobby. My lad (Xander) is 8 now and has just started to shot with me (plinking 10m & 15m targets/ cans/ little plastic army men lol) in our back garden. :).
    Adam..

4. Jed Clampit

Jed Clampit Post Whore

Mate that is superb!!:)
    :up:Gotta be the best shooting picvtures i've seen in a long time, it's really good to see youngsters enjoying shooting no matter if it monsters!!

5. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Top class, she will never forget that afternoon's shooting :up:

6. 177

177 Donator

Great pictures, and the start of something bigger perhaps :D

My daughter is 5 (and a half :rolleyes:)

Several things happened today:

1. I got 2 new permissions :)

2. My little princess was with me when I got them. She took a tour of the silos, fields and cattle/pig sheds in her stride, and asked if we could shoot and then eat some of the woodies perched cheekily on one of the barn roofs. The farmer was clearly impressed with her attitude :rolleyes:

When I said maybe later, she responded "What about a rabbit instead then ?"

Mea Culpa :rolleyes:

Note to self - make a refusal next time and don't attempt diversionary tactics with a determined young lady...

She asked to go shooting with me tomorrow morning. I told her we were going swimming. Disappointed, she asked if we could go shooting instead of swimming.

I love how her rationale works :)

I've got her to myself all week - her mother will be furious when we get back.

I can live with that ;)

I'm considering chopping the stock on a Webley Hawk so that it's short enough for her to use comfortably - I reckon I can add slices of the old stock back on, as required and in line with her growth, if she sticks with it. She loves shooting Trebor mints since they explode when you hit them - not as impressive as proper chalk targets but I happened to have some the first time she shot, which was an impromptu session, and it kind of stuck :)

Her other favourite game is 'numbers'.

1 to 10 in squares on a piece of paper. She gets one shot at each - if she hits inside the box, she gets that number's worth of sweets (we're talking tic tacs, in an effort to limit her sweetie intake). One shot only is allowed and then she has to move on to the next number.

Didn't take her long to work out that trying for the higher numbers would net a greater return, provided she hits it, but the one shot rule is absolutely iron so if she goes for 10 and misses or, even worse, hits another number, the number she nominated and the one she hit accidentally are both no longer available for her next go. The game stops when she hits a nominated number box and claims her prize the that number's value.

So far, she hasn't asked which calibre is best, springer or PCP or which scope she should be using...

:rolleyes:

Best of luck and strength to your arm - fewer kids are getting these opportunities. Political correctness gets right up my snout :(

7. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

I print off fun targets for my kids and birthday plinking party's here's a link http://www.targetz.com/fun03.htm we use the dart boards to improve my daughters Maths you could number the balloons etc to do the sweet game sounds like you guys have fun.

8. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I'm the opposite,im teaching my dad to shoot and its not going great :p

9. Kai87

Kai87 Donator

Cheers guys,

Just shown my daughter this thread and she is chuffed to bits :)

I might look into getting her a smaller rifle the she can shoot better
    Any suggestions? Did smk used to make something that the scouts used? Must be a springer tho ;)

10. Stot

Stot Post Whore

Gamo Cadet Delta. In pink. :D (they did do one in pink)

Cheers
    Stot

11. thevoid

thevoid Post Whore

the little smk xs15 is a cracking little gun, my lad has one and with a 3-9x 32 scope it works great
    boy with gun.jpg

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  12. Adam_h

Adam_h Engaging Member

3 Pics of my lad (Xander 8 & 1/2) taken this morning whilst we are having a plinking day today (more little army men are gonna bite the dust :)), i love his gun rest he uses the garden slide and car wash sponges. Then the poser he is he made me take the last pic of him holding his SMK 15 junior with 4x20 scope, which i got him from fellow member "Lone wolf" (- the scope).
    He now wants me to print them off so he can take them into school with his used targets (i think the school may lecture me about it thou LOL).
    Adam..

x1.jpg x2.jpg x3.jpg

13. keeprightontilltheendoftheroad

keeprightontilltheendoftheroad Big Poster

Great my lad is 12 he got 18/25 on compact sporting only third time he has shot. He was using a 20g with fibre cartridges aswell!!

14. The Robin

This is my youngest with the tench regged Ultra after our rat hunt the other day, he is getting better and a bit stronger so his shots are getting pretty good

Attached Files:

15. Brightey666

Brightey666 Engaging Member

I love this thread, my son is 6 and I'd always wondered at what age to start him off. He's had a couple of goes in the garden with my s410, and asked if he could come lamping last week (not sure about that yet though).
    When I asked down the range they said he needed to be 10 to be able to understand the safety aspect so could come then, but after seeing this thread I'm chuffed, I'm going to show him these photos and take it from there.
    Happy days

16. Adam_h

Adam_h Engaging Member

Good on him, i'm sure he will love it.

17. Adam_h

Adam_h Engaging Member

Great pics there Robin, the tyre sure makes for a super rest for him:up:.
    Regards Adam.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  18. The Robin

Thanks

Yes the tyre is spot on for him to use, he is 9 and mad keen on airgunning. He has been using the custom crosman ratties a fair bit but i have moved him onto this and he loves it, i don't think i will get it back off him.

I have one of them metal resetable targets things, he has the Ultra on the bi pod and i have been using the R10 and we have a good plinking session. I have even moved the target out to 50 yards and he is understanding the mil dot use and hitting the target

19. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Try the weihrauch junior rifle(hw30 i think?) or the hatsan junior,they are both 6ftlbs