1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Furnace Mill Rose Bowl No:5 24/5/15

Discussion in 'Target Shooting' started by milek, May 24, 2015.

1. milek

milek Honorary Member

A brand new 30 target course tested us all today and without any wind to speak of I thought it was going to get cleared. Matt Hipkiss did his best and went 21 without missing, and then it all went the shape of the pear. Four of us finished on 57 with only Tony Male to take his last shot to get a 58; he fluffed it. Count-back didn’t sweeten the deal as it pushed him down a bit further. Darrin took top honours on count-back so well done again that man.

A really nice course and not a single stoppage, well done again to all those who helped set this up. Great job.

All scores on count-back.

Darrin Lynn 57. EV2. Bushnell(xtx)
    Mick Boswell 57. Ripley. Panorama (milek)
    Tony Male 57. TM1000. Vortex (tone)
    Ryan Ashman 57. R-10. Falcon (fusspot)
    Mik Monaghan 57. HW101. Rhino (mikmon)
    Matt Hipkiss. 56. S400. Panorama (BSAman)
    Kev Brooks 55. EV2. Sidewinder (kev_brooks)
    Dave Freeman 54. MK4. Delta (DaveF)
    Bill Birch 53. FTP900. MTC Connect. (Bill-B)
    Ken Swift 53. Steyr. Delta (audi-swift)
    Gary Anderson Ripley. Lightstream. (Stryder5)
    Graham Cole 51. MPR. MTC Connect. (gracole)
    Perry Broad 51 (R) HW97. Viper. (pez)
    Jody Anderson 51. Ripley Elite. MTC Mamba
    Jamie Bennett 50. HFT500. MTC Viper. (jambo)
    Phil Tombs 46. FTP900. Panorama. Tombzy)
    Stew Powell 45. (R) HW97. Panorama. (stew)
    Matt Taylor 45. HW101. Lightstream
    Mick Goodenough 43. MK4. Vortex. (oldybutgoody)
    Ian Sheppard DNF. FTP. Vortex. (jed_clampit)

Two cards missing.

2. mikmon

mikmon Donator

Who,s cards ?

3. Bill-B

Bill-B Engaging Member

What a well set out course. Thought is was different and very enjoyable to shoot. (Favourite lane 25)
    well done to all who set out the course. Thanks to my shooting partner Phil Tombs enjoyed your company.

4. audi swift

audi swift Man up & pull the bloody trigger.... HFT 101.

Live in Stoke On Trent. But i visit Bromsgrove.
    :up:
    cheers folks for a cracking comp as its been a while since I have done a comp, so many thanks for setting up a great course. because it was very well thought & put out.
    but I have to say the knockdown on peg 3 ? the monkey \ gorilla shape one made me laugh sort of high up in the tree line.
    also peg 25 was very good even if I plated it, oh well I will just try again asap :D.

roll on the next one........

kenny

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  5. stryder5

stryder5 Donator

Great course guys, lots of thought and effort went into this.

Many thanks for all the guys who designed and implemented the layout.

I take responsibility for the rain stopping as soon as Jody and I arrived :).

Really enjoyed the morning, beat Jody on the last target, last shot;).

Thanks again

6. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

Great report mick, love to follow your weekend posts, well done to all who took part and congrats to Darrin and mick, good stuff lads, atb.

7. milek

milek Honorary Member

Very nice of you to say so, if you get chance it's worth a visit on a Sunday when we have a club comp and as you can see there's a load of members of AGF at FM it's like an AGF meet every Sunday. Theres another six or seven missing today due to bank holiday commitments etc.

Watch out later for news around a summer AGF meet in August; a full weekend of HFT and comps might be on the cards :)

8. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

Thanks very much for the invite Mick, sounds like an excellent idea, me and Deak will do our best to get down there, atb Steve.

9. DaveF

DaveF Busy Member

Really Great course today really enjoyed, it full marks to course the setters.
    well thought out range traps, loved the high angled close targets and the numerous mini kills some at steep angles they really test you. Apart from my donut on the stander, it was those mini kills that killed me. Great shoot even the heavy rain stopped on Q for the whole shoot. can't wait to get back up there and shoot that course again

Dave

10. Stew

Stew Engaging Member

many thanks to the guys setting out the course yesterday, I thoroughly enjoyed the layout today, my score wasn't anything to talk about but I had fun anyways :)

Well done you guys up there shooing 57's and well done to Darrin for taking honours of the day

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  11. jambo1984

jambo1984 Engaging Member

Well done all what a good course with not one stoppage.. gutted I dropped 4 out of the last 5 but that's how it goes..good to shoot with Dave again

12. Deak

Deak Donator

Sounds like a plan Steve :)

13. XTX

XTX Donator

Thanks to everybody involved in setting up the course, you did a great job, well done.
    Well done to everybody that took part and thanks to Tony for making me look good lol

14. themadspread

themadspread Donator

good close comp there lads well done