1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

For Matty and Steve

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Malakin, May 10, 2014.

1. Malakin

Malakin Engaging Member

Mods I know this area is for anything Airgun related so if I say "airgun" and "I own several air guns" then I hope you will keep it here as it gets a lot more readers and I want to make sure it gets around. Air gun!

Several weeks ago I posted a request asking if anybody had an old rifle stock that I could adapt for Mr Malkin Snr to use his pistols with.
    He is an avid shooter but cancer and chemo have made his hands very unsteady.
    I was overwhelmed at the response and settled on an offer from our very own Grumpyoldman. I took grumps offer over everyone else's simply because I know he went through the mill a while back with a scare himself.
    But this post isn't about Grumps or the other offers and best wishes that I received. It's about a young lad who we all know as Matty and his Dad Steve.

After I put my post on the forum asking about the stock, I received a pm from Steve. Part of my post mentioned that I had done a katana for Mr Malakin Snr and that he was in love with it. In his pm Steve told me that Matty makes knives. I had seen them on the forum before and was seriously impressed with the quality of them. As a young lad many years ago, I worked and learnt the art of knife making from a man called Chris Reeve. He was my dads closest friend and I spent every spare moment in his double garage working my fingers to the bone.

Steve told me that Matty had asked if I would like him to make a knife for my father. No cost involved, just something to make him feel better.
    Let me tell you something about my dad, every parent and child bond is, or should be, close. The bond between Mr Malakin Snr and I goes beyond that. My dad is my hero. He is my Samurai, the defender of our family, the man who taught me my morals and values, the man who struggled through life to put a roof over our heads and food on our plates. My dad is my closest and best friend and I would kill or die for him without question.
    When I got this offer from Matty via Steve, I was overwhelmed and of course took him up on it. I asked him for 2 matching knives. One for me and one for my father. I of course offered to pay for both but Matty wanted to make dads for the reasons I mentioned above.

We agreed on a wood for the scales and Matty set about making the knives.

During the course of our pm's I learnt that Matty also makes pens. My fathers favourite wood is Pink Ivory and Matty eventually managed to track some down. As I turn pens myself, Matty asked if I would make a fountain pen for the old man and I if he sent me the wood.
    Again I was taken aback at the kindness and thought of this young man.

Well the knives and wood arrived today, but this post isn't about them either.

This is is about Matty and Steve and the rest of it is directed at them personally.

Steve, as a parent we can only hope that our children do the honourable things in life. Through Matty's actions you have shown what parenting is about. The pride that you have in your son comes through in every post that you submit and in every pm that you send. You have done an amazing job.

Matty,
    Words can't express how grateful I am for what you have done. You display a sense of compassion beyond your years. You are a credit to yourself, your family and your generation. My father says that men are measured by their actions. Yours towards my family mean more than you could realise. If you continue as you are you will go a long way in life. Family is everything and you have done yours proud.
    As for the knives themselves they are quite simply beautiful. From the scales to the blade they are superb. I would have you in my workshop any day.

To both of you my thanks are not enough. I am forever in your debt and will not forget what you have done.

I intend on asking my father which of the two knives he would choose as mine. I will then give that knife to him and keep what would have been his for me. When he finally dies that will be given to my son and a family tradition will have started. Matty your knives will be handed down from generation to generation in my family along with a set of swords that we own. The katana is my fathers as the head of our family, the wakasashi is mine as his son and the tanto is my sons. When my father dies the katana passes to me and the wakesashi passes to my son. In turn he will pass the tanto to his first born. We believe that no one person should own all three swords at the same time as it will mean a great loss in our family. Mattys knife will be handed down with the katana.

Guy aka Malakin

2. Geordie

Geordie Donator

What a thoroughly nice post.
    Well done to all involved.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Matty is one of the best young guys around. And I'm sure he'll go far in life.:)

3. sniper11

sniper11 Mr

Great post Guy.
    I met young Matty and Steve last year. I bought a few pens that Matty had made and they both delivered them personally (they live less than half a mile away from me).I was very impressed with the workmanship and Steve assured me that it was all Mattie's work. Very generous of Matty to do this and a lovely gesture.
    Troy

4. sharpshooterpete

sharpshooterpete Donator

Actions like this restore my faith in mankind. Far too many people care for only themselves now days, my generation especially. This forum is full of great people like Matty and Steve and that is what puts it head and shoulders above the others. What they have done is such a kind gesture and just reading this post has brightened my day!

Have a good weekend all,

Pete.

5. KB87

KB87 Donator

Lovely post mate. Made me smile on a crappy day :)

6. Embbull7

Embbull7 Busy Member

Been on here a while now and read a lot of post that sometimes touch a nerve or pull a hearts string

This though is without doubt written with true feeling and passion and I comend you for sharing what is a fantastic tale of what matters most

FAMILY"....

well said sir

7. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    hi guy, thanks for the kind words mate. we're both glad to have helped and are massively humbled by your post. and like you and yours, we place family values firmly at the top of our list, and to have you speak of Matthew like that brings me immeasurable pride, much like what your father feels for you, and you feel for your son.
    steve

8. Malakin

Malakin Engaging Member

Steve it's truly my pleasure. Young folk like Matty don't get the credit that they are due. If there is ever anything that I can do for you or yours you only need ask.

9. mark112

mark112 Engaging Member

Heartwarming to read an emotivly powerful story. It's really good to realise that there are good folk out there still.

10. DenTB

DenTB Donator

A fine,heartfellt tale my friend.well deserved ,very uplifting . Good work and goodwill. Piece..

11. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Thanks Guy,it was a pleasure to make them for a good cause,I hope the pink ivory is useful to you also :)

12. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Big Poster

A nice post all round, and a pleasure to read, and my best wishes to all involved. Bob.

13. Tourettes

Tourettes Engaging Member

The South, where it's summer all year round!
    Couldn't agree with this quote more!

I know I haven't posted on here for a long time, not that I don't wish too you understand, just get a little lost with all the technical stuff.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I brought a S400, but wanted to treat myself to a custom stock, so put a post in the 'Wanted' section at the exact same time Stevie put his 400 up for sale, adorning a stunning Geordie made thumbhole stock.

Stevie obviously saw my post and contacted me immediately, and offered to sell me the stock off his gun at a very reasonable price!

Well I couldn't believe my luck and bit his hand off instantly, especially after he sent me a load of pics of it in the flesh.

The deal was done, and this bloody great big box arrived a few days later, but the surprise came when I opened it. Not only did it contain my now beautiful stock, but it was also full of other gear too! Silicon gel, sprays, clothes and polish for the stock. Gobsmacked ain't the word.

We spoke several times during and after the exchange, and it was evident to me that I was dealing with a really genuine sort........a proper family orientated guy, a gent as us Londoner's would say. I was battling my own demon's at the time, and the exchange really lifted me.

We've spoken a few times since, albeit I have to confess not enough really, and I still haven't managed to get up to visit, although I will one day.

I regularly visit this site, and follow Steve's and Matty's posts with interest, especially now Matty's started tinkering with Wood and Metal (Loving the Knives and Pens).

Keep up the good work fella's, your both a credit to this site. :thumb:

Be in touch soon for one of your 'Special' knives Matt.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  14. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    will be a pleasure to make you one daz. got some v special wood in the shed, reserved for mates !

15. Malakin

Malakin Engaging Member

The pleasure really is all mine Matty. I will be doing a review of the knives in days to come. I will drop you a pm for some technical details shortly.

Mal

16. craigfishin

craigfishin Donator

i couldnt agree more on what great guys they both are , enjoy your knives buddy and well done steve and matty :claping:

17. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Great story and great hearts out there.

18. mikeynstas123

mikeynstas123 Well-Known Member

If only Society had more of you wonderful gentlemen....

Heart-warming,Sincere and bloody good lads..

Made my day this Thread...

Regards Mikey.

19. woodyrapid7

woodyrapid7 Busy Member

What a nice story and a lovely read, it's nice to read about some good people in life, touching

atb Paul

20. Tourettes

Tourettes Engaging Member

The South, where it's summer all year round!
    Sent you a pm Steve.