1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. No longer allowed Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- We now do not allow political and religion threads anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section) unless Airgun related and they must be put in the Airgun related politics section..

Staff will not move posts for you if you put it in the wrong section – it will simply be deleted. You will then have to type it all out again and put it in the right place, so heed this warning.

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

first time i seen a wild dear :-)

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by R10, Apr 30, 2012.

1. R10

R10 Engaging Member

hi people i went out the other day with a mate and we was walking threw some local woods camod up and quitely talking when we herd something moving so we stopped and looked and around 15 metres in front of us there was a dear stood there eating we moved for a closer look and it got spooked by us and trotted off i could not beleave how big it was. just thought id share my info with you guys hope this is in right place cheers.

2. Donki Oaty

Donki Oaty Post Whore

Was it a Roe Deer?

Ps: My mrs can be a wild old dear when she doesn't get her way!

3. Dunkman

Dunkman Post Whore

First time you have seen a wild deer??????

It's deer central around here with the bloody things all over the place, so much that certain roads you have to be on your guard because one will spring out of the woods, followed by up to 12 more from the herd. Catches people out as they think "phew missed that one" then they carry on driving only to hit the next in line to jump into the road.

4. gunnerbob

gunnerbob Well-Known Member

Same as Dunkman....deer all over the place here, had a muntjac run into the side of my van, did a fair bit of damage. Roe deer regularly trot out as I travel through the woods, where there is one there is always another ready to follow!!

5. gasman

gasman How do they know I've got Gas?

i wrote off a brand new tranist van 6 years ago,came round a corner their it was,blicking thing turn around and jumped back in to the road stright infront of me,lucky when you think about it,as i was on a bend and coud have gone off into a tree :eek:,still he was bloody tasty ,best sausages ever :D

6. markspark7

markspark7 Engaging Member

nearly been wiped out twice! slowed down for bambi to cross the road only for its bloody mother to decide to play chicken with me!!;)

7. Donki Oaty

Donki Oaty Post Whore

They seem to be all over the place nowadays. Be careful if you're going along the M180 as they like to cross especially between jct's 1 and 3.

8. bradleymarky

bradleymarky Keyboard Hero

We dont get much deer in these parts......the locals would think its an "oss"....thats horse to you :D

9. career 707

career 707 Busy Member

The Boundries Lancs/ Yorks, Deer management & more
    lovelly to see , so majestic. Managed corectly, they will be more & more to see. Shot by idiots, they will be scarcer than ever. Now that would be a shame ! ;)

10. Donki Oaty

Donki Oaty Post Whore

Our lass and I play the "Oss" game on long journey's 1 point per Oss seen, 2 points for an Oss in transit, 2 points for on Oss in blanket and if there's more than one Oss in a field it's still only 1 point (or 2 if they're in blankets)!

11. theobencarbine88

theobencarbine88 Post Whore

I come accross deer sometimes when i'm out hunting.... Had a few in my crosshairs but theres no way i would ever pull the trigger

12. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Engaging Member

Rare oppertunity indeed in the north-west area, but they are growing in numbers and spreading. Two took me by surprise late last year.

13. DaveC_24

DaveC_24 Busy Member

We were taken by surprise when shooting up on the airfield the other day; we'd just set up our targets and this doe came out from behind the mudbank we use as a backstop, saw us and did a runner! Not seen a deer up there before - I wonder if it was from the woods that are a few hundred yards away.

14. nichard

nichard Engaging Member

Spell check?

15. Donki Oaty

Donki Oaty Post Whore

Calm down dear! It's only a thread!

16. wolfy68

wolfy68 Busy Member

There's plenty near to me but very rarely seen.They seem to keep to the high moors laying low during the day but in the early hours they come down out of the mist and are sometimes seen bouncing down the main road.A lovely sight to see and very graceful, beautiful animals.Came face to face with one many years ago as i was out around 4 in the morning taking a walk, unable to sleep with things on my mind, i heard the sound of hooves behind me and spun round to be faced with this huge beast that skidded to a panicked halt not 10ft from me, it froze,i froze and we just looked at each other for seemed like ages, then it suddenly gained its senses panicked again and bolted.

17. muzzy76

muzzy76 Busy Member

You do realise that is classed legally as poaching.

18. kyle99

kyle99 Post Whore

it wasnt if you had a valid game licence, because, then you had a the right to take game, but that was abolished

19. kyle99

kyle99 Post Whore

i was out this morning and was taking pics of a herd of 25 wild red deer, 1 stag and 3 spike males, all in south yorkshire, got to within 60 yrds,

20. muzzy76

muzzy76 Busy Member

Wrong. If you run a deer over and put it in your car it is poaching. If you are following a car that hits a deer, you can put it in your car cause it's then classed as road kill. Game licenses have **** all to do with it.