1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

First time hunting

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by chevin, Sep 16, 2014.

1. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

As above my first go at hunting, went down the farm this morning only shot three pellets got two wood pigeons and missed with the third saw him duck just as I pulled the trigger.
    Looking forward to the next trip, farmer said get here early next time, better do as I'm told, learned a lot though just observing.

2. themadspread

themadspread Donator

youll soon be hooked but youll love it (who wouldnt)

3. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

you are so right bud.

4. Westphalian

Westphalian Donator

I only have one regret about taking up hunting. That i didnt take it up 20 years ago!

5. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

So Chubber, are you going to eat what you shot?

James

6. dave1962

dave1962 Posting Addict

Hey up Chubber that practice up the wedge paid off then. :up:

7. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

Cheers Dave see ya Sunday.

8. David M

David M Donator

Nice start though mate, I fell into a trap of believing the farmer I shoot for though, he said there was always hundreds of ferals eating his peas at dawn, so next time out I was there in the hide, gun full of air and tin of pellets by my side at 5:30am.. I saw 6 circle the field at 7:30am that weren't even interested in my decoy pattern..!! Next time I saw him he had a smurk on his face, I think I'd been had somehow... ;)

9. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Well done on your first hunt; that's one more of us and one less of them!

10. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

Thanks Jack got eleven on the next session, farmer very happy.
    ATB mate.

11. jonesy185

jonesy185 Busy Member

Any pics to share mate ?

12. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

have put a camara in the bag, but how to upload pics dont know how, another thing to learn but will give it a go next week.

13. Andy Wales

Andy Wales Donator

It's very easy mate. I just uploaded my first lot and it all went off without a hitch.

My advice, first go to the "forum help" section and click the "How to upload photos" thread, then watch the video on how to do it. Second, go the the "TEST" thread of the forum. Start "new thread", give it a title like "Pic Test" etc, then write something in the body like "Testing out pic upload" or whatever, then just scroll to the bottom and either click "preview post" to have a look see first, or click "submit post" just as you usually do. Job done! :D

Then start a new thread in whatever forum section you want, go through it all again as I said above but you *may* want to use "Preview Post" first just to be sure it all looks fine :)

Myself, I wanted to have the pics appear in a specific order, so I put only the one's I wanted in a folder on their own, then numbered them as I wanted them to appear. The forum upload software will then automatically order them all for you ready to post ;). Hope this was of some help :).

Andy

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  14. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

Thanks for the info Andy.