1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice First pcp multi shot

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by SSR Sammo, Feb 4, 2013.

1. SSR Sammo

SSR Sammo Active Member

hello, i am looking to buy my first pcp multi shot. i have a budget of about £450. the bsa ultra is looking tempting, but any suggestions are welcome.
    cheers in advance.

2. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

Air arms S410 mate
    For the money they're one of the best pcp rifles you can get

3. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Very Active

Whats got to be included in the 450? Charging gear? Scope? Or rifle only

4. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

You could pick up an fx2000,webley axsor, rws excalibre, ags lite weight,logun axsor, all the same gun basically apart from very few changes.

In the region of £300 if you look around walnut fx2000 carbines like I own go for up to £450 in mint condition, I would want at least £450 for mine as its rather special.

I like them and Ill tell you why for one it was my first multishot pcp and I felt no need to change for 12yrs it just shot and shot and shot with no maintenance.

The cylinder is aluminium so they dont rust, many guns are charged via pumps these days so they could rust on the inside of the cylinder then suffer valving probs.

Anyhow secondly the magazines are like the ones used in co2 pistols very easy to load and use especially in the dark with cold fingers try loading a rapid or airarms mag in such situations and you will soon agree these are as easy as hw100 mags to load.

And the later fx2000s had a pressure gauge thicker match barrel and a semi regulated action and slightly thicker magazine pins, These guns are truly beautiful to shoot and handle, and as accurate as anything Ive owned with airarms fields, I put a 8 shot group in with mine at the weekend at 45yrds about the size of a 5p and in a rush I can load this gun faster than anything out there, and I have a hw100tk that is a redundant as I always reach for the fx.

You only have to look at what new fx rifles cost and these are the same breed same designer.

With your money you could have money left for a quality scope.

I read on an american forum an article from a guy who used one in fac form to shoot ground squirrels out to 100yrds and he rated it as one of the best airguns he had ever owned, and he had shot the daystates,airarms,theobens ect, I know its a bold statement but I agree.

Although you get good and bad in every pcp some people wont part with a trusted gun thats the only prob.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  5. SSR Sammo

SSR Sammo Active Member

i am looking for a rifle only. because im a firefighter i have access to 300 bar charging gear!! i already have a decent scope.

6. mikey

mikey Pro Poster

Another vote for the s410 in .177 of course:D

7. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    x2, i would say for the £, they are THE best pcp that you can get. Ps, massive respect and admiration for the job you do as well.

8. SSR Sammo

SSR Sammo Active Member

its all about .177:D

9. SSR Sammo

SSR Sammo Active Member

Cheers steve, shootings a bit of a release mate.

10. corvids

corvids Busy Member

i am with Engraver here.

get something like an Fx2000 Walnut.

:up:

11. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

If its brand new you want dont discount the new brocock mutishots I hear nothing but praise about these guns, Im told they dont spend silly money on advertising as they are selling on pure word of mouth.

The only problem I read about is the low shot count but go for the longer cylinder versions and they are reasonable probably on par with airarms carbines.

12. mikey

mikey Pro Poster

i have a mate who is a fireman and speak to two of them who go to the gym,I have respect to all for the job they do

13. mikey

mikey Pro Poster

I have looked at the new brocock for it lightness to use with a nv add on but I didn't like the stock has it didn't feel right for me

14. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    If you go for the 410 mate, look at the superlite in hunter green. We have one, but 400 singleshot and carbine. Unnervingly accurate and will outshoot us and looks sooo sexy.
    If i were you, i'd go down to your local rfd and try one for size and feel. Generally, once you pick the right rifle up, you will know its the one for you. If after holding one, you're undecided, then put it down and try another. Dont rush in, take your time and buy the best gun for you.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  15. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Here this is my fx2000 carbine its the top one in the picture, I paid less than £300 for it, although I have added the walnut stock reblued the metal work and serviced it but it now shoots with a few fps spread over 20shots and is no louder than the hw100 silenced, I spent about £550 on it to date but I paid £150 for the stock alone otherwise It would have cost way less than your £450 budget.

[​IMG][​IMG]

This target was 35yrds and there are two magazines worth of pellets through that hole so 16 shots, so plenty accurate enough.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  16. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

How about a bsa superten?
    Regulated, high shot count,match trigger, great rifles.
    Here is my old one,I loved it and will be getting another soon! Its a mk3 bull barrel in a mk2 stock,the mk3 stocks are nicer though.
    I gave £350 including p&p for mine:)

Attached Files:

17. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

Well worth considering a New Brococks AimX Rifle
    Should be able to get 6 Shot one for price

Nice Rifles & made in UK

BOB/R

18. pistolpete1981

pistolpete1981 Busy Member

Love the stock on the HW100 matey, it is awesome.

19. dylan

dylan Donator

nicest i've seen

20. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

X2 from me !!!
    It's a belter