1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

First blood for my S410 TDR....

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by dane_wood, Mar 29, 2007.

1. dane_wood

dane_wood Member

Hi everyone. i recently bought my self an S410 TDR and have spent the past 4 months practicing as much as i could to get my aim as good as i could. 2 weeks ago i finally managed to get myself some shooting permission on a farm which just so happens to have 40 acres of land, most of which is woodland, yippee!! now to cut a long story short, i was slowly walking through the woods stopping every so often and waiting for a while to see if anything caught my attention when i caught a bit of movement up in the canopy. being hidden in the shadow of the tree that i was crouching behind i was able to follow the tree rat as it luckily bounded from tree to tree in to my killing range. by this point i was absoloutly buzzing with anticipation!!! the squirrel then sat in the bow of a limb 25 feet up and 30 feet away from my location. using the tree to lean against i carefuly took aim and fired. within seconds the pelet hit home and the squirrel tumbled out of the tree. i was chuffed to bits!!!! now the really annoying bit, i went over to get my prize and to check out the shot (which was a clean head shot) when the land owners dog came over, took one sniff of it and ran away with it :mad: !!! Can you belive that:eek:!!! cant wait to go back on the weekend!!!

2. Tozer

Tozer Newbie

Lol it happens,
    My dad and I were out decoying (with the 12 bores) when my dad clipped one, there was a flash from the trees and a Goshawk swooped in and took it.
    I have also had buzzards swoop in and nab decoy birds from the patter.

3. VERMINHUNTER

VERMINHUNTER Member

nice one dane.. great guns.. keep up the good work... plenty of land your way
    steve

4. Mick Dundee

Mick Dundee Engaging Member

First kill

Well done Dane, I've shot squirrels with a TDR. Good guns. I remember my son shooting his fisrt crow with a borrowed 410 shotgun and he really had "buck fever" ! He only wounded it and ran after it and hit it with the gun butt and broke the gun !
    Took me a while to relax before taking the shot. Were you tense? Mick.

5. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

And it was a tree rat....You have my admiration and respect;)

6. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

Just comment on the land owners dog. The tree rat would have or should i say could have a lead pellet in its head . Dog eats, Dog gets lead poisoning, Dog dies.
    Might be worth telling the farmer he may not be aware.
    Hunting dogs retrieve pheasant etc and have been conditioned not to take the shot quarry as it would be full of lead shot.
    Try to do the shooting away from domestic pets, one it will give you more stealth (you have not got a shotgun here) and two so YOU can cook it.

Anyway well done but keep away from those domestics:)

7. custom100

custom100 Well-Known Member

hi fog just read your reply about , the pellet and the dog , my dog has been eating whole rabbits ,head included for last six years also i have a pellet in my jaw which has been there since i was 11 i,m still here and so is my dog i dont think lead piosoning is a prob

8. topcat

topcat Post Whore

tree rats

i think it died of lead poisoning the tree rat i mean lead in the head poisoning

9. chief tommy

chief tommy Active Member

how did you manage to get a pellet in your jaw. if you dont mind me asking

10. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

you've done it again, mate...lol:D....before you answer a post, please check the date, the date is on the left hand side:up: of the post.