1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Firearms variation

Discussion in 'Firearms Certificate (FAC) Guns' started by mattgriff88, Aug 19, 2014.

1. mattgriff88

mattgriff88 Busy Member

evening all,

i have had my firearms certificate for 4 months, i was granted FAC air rifle, .22LR and .17hmr

im looking to add a .204 Ruger for fox and rabbit, what do you think my chances are?

and how do i go about doing it?

cheers

2. jonesy185

jonesy185 Busy Member

Just put Use for
    "fox destruction"

3. mattgriff88

mattgriff88 Busy Member

do I send my certificate off or do they send me a new one?

4. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

Don't

5. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

Follow your local guidelines, fill out an application for variation, submit the cheque and await survey unless your land is cleared for a larger calibre.

Your local might allow rimfire for fox, mine do, .204 is a beautiful round, I wish I'd never got rid.

You may be asked to find a mentor for first CF, if that's the case, find one, or IMO ask for a WMR for fox.

good luck.

Edit, have you bought and used the hmr you were granted? And how many rounds have you put through the gun?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  6. mattgriff88

mattgriff88 Busy Member

yeah bought a anschutz 1517 lovely rifle put nearly 1000 rounds through it.

Don't know a mentor so that would be out of the question.

7. jonesy185

jonesy185 Busy Member

I sort of guessed someone would give a negative comment .

when I had my variation form I wrote down reason for "FOX DESTRUCTION"

And a letter to confirm my experiences with the specific caliber .

FEO visited me asked a few questions about land ect and yea he went to view the land I had given in for the caliber .

so there's nothing wrong if you were to put down fox destruction as the feo would check out the shooting land either way .

Obviously people have had their own different ways on pronouncing their reasons .

I certainly got granted for the variation with that legit reason ...

8. mattgriff88

mattgriff88 Busy Member

my feo told me my permission is cleared up to .223

would he visit again if I asked for .204 ruger?

9. jonesy185

jonesy185 Busy Member

Have you had any experience with the specific caliber? Or higher ?

Get hold of someone with a 204 and kindly ask them if you could go out to do some zeroing and explain to you about the caliber in and out , then get them to write a letter to confirm your experience and sent off to your feo .

That's how I did mine as stated above !

Let me know how you get on

10. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

This is a very childish way to aproach a variation. You seem to think it's some sort of badge of honour, it's a shame you have no respect for you quarry.

I know I'd will word it a little different and I think the OP will to "fox and vermin control" but hay this is only one mans opinion!

Andrew

11. jonesy185

jonesy185 Busy Member

Not a childish way at all , to you maybe .
    No respect because I stated "fox destruction" now thats childish

They took that reason in and didn't complain . So why try and be clever ?

12. rabbitraider1

rabbitraider1 Engaging Member

It will probably depend on the person reading it,

being honest the difference between control and destruction is quite vast and they might wonder what your mental state was.

If a vet said I'm afraid I;m going to have to euthanase your horse It would probably upset them, if they said I'm going to destroy your horse they might be a little less comfortable. (even though destroy is the technical term)

Remember these guys are going to be the ones who decide you can get the rifle, you don't want them to think your dream is to destroy the foxes apocolypse now style they might be bit more hesitant

13. jonesy185

jonesy185 Busy Member

So destruction of foxes is a big disrespectful no then ???

14. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

Why not just specify 'fox' as they really don't need the extra 'destruction'. It's a use for the calibre in relation to the species, it's obvious you'll destroy an animal with a firearm.

Do you have rabbit 'destruction', I have S1 air, I asked for vermin control, not 'rat destruction', or any other legal quarry destruction, just seems a bit juvenile IMO.

15. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

there is just no need, list the species you wish to shoot, why the adjective?

Just seems a bit gung-ho.

16. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

No, it's cleared for .223, it's up to you to discuss your need for the .204 (how much experience have you had in the last 4 months?) and justify it.

Use the word like control or cull rather than destroy.

17. jonesy185

jonesy185 Busy Member

It's a problem to you how I specified "fox destrucion" . I got granted the variation piece of p**s ! They didn't come with that I should of put it in any other way .

I know a lot of people who have done the same as me and had no problems , only because you have done it diffrent to me dont mean every one gonna do the same . People have their own ways and personal preferences . So what If I stated it like that , no difference at all as they would class it as destruction anyway !

[​IMG]

18. Kyska

Kyska Honorary Member

That's not my point, you've got what you want, there is no need to specify 'destruction' of animals, it's obvious what happens when you shoot a fox, the op asked for help, he simply needs to fill out the variation for 'fox'.

We all want AOLQ to be the thing we see on our FAC.

19. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

Why is it when I read your posts Joneysy, I just think "Muppet". I know it's wrong for me to think that but that's the way it comes across.

So an appology to you as it say destruction on your FAC. Just think a little before posting and people will take you seriously.

Andrew

20. jonesy185

jonesy185 Busy Member

Couldn't give a **** what you think to be honest