1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

finished 80 project pictures

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by martin22, Sep 5, 2014.

1. martin22

martin22 Donator

i know some of you were following my 80 project here http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/184171-project-80-a-work-in-progress
    well now ive finished it i thought id add a few pics to the gallary,so here you have it...
    weihrauch hw80k (410mm barrel) .22
    tuned by dave (wonkey donkey) including
    short stroked and piston lightened by milling 2 slots along the piston at equal distances from the cocking slot,and delrin bearings fitted
    transfer port opened up to 3.6mm
    spring guide screwed to the back block
    new spring and delrin top hat along with the usual de-bur/polish/regrease ect

trigger ive degreased and oiled and fitted brass rowan engineering extra set back trigger blade along with hardened pin and a tiny stainless shim either side of the blade,also fitted rowan brass guard

vmach slimtech 5.5" moderator blued to match the barrel

cs500 stock with a very nice grain to it,adjustable butt pad and complimented with rosewood pistol cap and brass forend cups and screws

on top a nikon monarch 2-8x32 scope on 1 piece mount

this is one of the best shooting 80's ive ever fired with the 30mm piston and really does shoot amazingly well,with jsb pellets ive found it will litterally put pellets down the same hole as long as you do your bit,theres little recoil and a fast lock time resulting in no follow through needed at all and the whole cycle is a lot quiter than standard with nothing more than a 'thud',the rifle really is a pleasure to shoot and thats credit to the tuning skills of wonkey donkey,so dave if your reading this thankyou very much and hopefully my choice on the external extras ive added have completed the quality work youve done inside :up:

View attachment 103186 View attachment 103187 View attachment 103188 View attachment 103189 View attachment 103190 View attachment 103191 View attachment 103192 View attachment 103193 View attachment 103194 View attachment 103195

next project a mk1 hw77 starting soon :cool:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  2. martin22

martin22 Donator

3. gixxer

gixxer Posting Addict

That looks a pro job , very very nice

4. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

It looks and sounds as though it was well worth the effort and I'm sure it will inspire others to have a go.

5. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

Thats looks really nice, love the stock grain as well.:up:

6. landymick

landymick Very Active

Congratulate yourself as well as Wonkey,i would be well pleased with that.
    Come on then what's next.:p

7. meerkat1

meerkat1 Keyboard Hero

good job very nice stock

8. martin22

martin22 Donator

thanks fellas,admittantly ive spent a LOT more than the rifle will ever be worth but ive ended up with a rifle that I want and thats custom to me,end of the day sod it though thats what we get up and go to work for :up:
    ive really enjoyed the project though and very happy with the results,trust me it shoots very well indeed and ive owned or shot a good few tuned rifles
    i hope it does inspire a few project threads though as i know i and im sure many others do enjoy reading them
    landymick cheers for the comment i know your a big 80 fan so glad you like it,as for the next project the balls allready rolling,a mk1 hw77 with the 25mm piston :cool:
    admittantly though the doris is whinging about how much i spent on the 80 but she was impressed i managed to pick the 77 up for a tenner as its in bits :rolleyes: so i should get going with this in the next couple of weeks :up:
    View attachment 103204

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  9. landymick

landymick Very Active

Know where your coming from,got it in the neck when the post came with another project 80 :eek: .That will have to wait a while until imd & funds allow.

10. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Well done, Martin, that really is a lovely rifle now. I absolutely love the CS stocks and the Slimtech sets the whole thing off very nicely indeed. AM looking forward to the build thread that you'll surely do for the 77.

11. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Stunning, just stunning :up:

12. Lanky94

Lanky94 Engaging Member

Nice job on the rifle martin. I know exactly what you get with a Dave Price tune..........nothing short of superb

His work and the firing cycles he produces are fantastic.

I have several rifles done by him, including a mk1 77K ( .22). I have a 1984 77k in .177 with Colin molloy at the moment. Guess where that ones going next:D

13. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Lovely that Martin, happy shooting mate.:up:

14. Barni

Barni Donator

Very nice work ... looks very good :)
    My only gripe is the brass front screws ..... they stand out a bit for me. But hey its a fine example of quality workmanship and im not doing your work down. Well done mate :up:

15. martin22

martin22 Donator

many thanks for the comments fella's and glad you like it,cant wait to get out with it now and put it through its paces :up:

your not kidding he really does know his stuff when it comes to tuning,ill be honest a lot of what he was explaining with figures and no.s ect went straight over my head,but when i fired the first shot after the tune it all made perfect sense,what did you have done to the 77 and what were the results? as my next project is a mk1 .22 77,also im presuming youve sent the .177 for bluing as thats where im thinking of sending mine,if so what sort of price is he charging? ive nothing but praise for the quality of his blueing

no offence taken mate,if im honest im not 100% myself thinking maybe leave the brass cups and put the original black screws in just to tone it down a bit? i also have a set of stainless steel cups and allan bolts but not sure they would suit with the brass blade and guard
    another thing i think lets it down slightly is the skip chequring (or lack of it) i really think cs should do a little more especially round the pistol grip

16. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

Sweetest spring gun I ever shot was a .22 venom lazaglided hw80 then my own mk1 venom basic tuned hw77 your 80 is nice but if I had one gripe it would be the length of the barrel or maybe the mod is giving it the impression of being long . So wish I hadn't sold my 77 and so wish that old lazaglided 80 was mine. I quite recently refurbed another mk1 77 and when you come to do your project you may want to consider this, yes everyone will say I'm mad and usually I hate them too but try putting in a ox spring I tried a Titan spring and it was horrible. I put in an ox and although longer than the Titan it gave such a sweet firing cycle with minimal recoil and power right on the limit and was far nicer to shoot than my venom 77.

The mk 1 has the 25mm piston which makes it nicer to shoot at our limits than later 77's which were changed to 30 mm (i think) to satisfy the yanks quest for more power. This is why the mk1 were the best ever all time ft spring gun in uk. I think the lazaglided 80's were also slimmed down to 25mm

17. Barni

Barni Donator

I only think they stand out so much because they are in the darker chequering. Maybe the originals would look ok but like you say they do match the blade and guard. Still a great looking rifle though :up:

18. Peter Norris

Peter Norris Posting Addict

Very nice work and looks great. Thanks for taking the effort to do the post !

19. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned BANNED

Fine example of another angle to our wonderful hobby. The rifle looks lovely, and as for the stock, what a lovely bit of tree. KB1

20. martin22

martin22 Donator

ive never shot a venom tuned 80 although i would like too,i can assure you though this rifle shoots very sweet and with the 30mm piston i doubt you could achieve a sweeter shot cycle,the 25mm conversion 80 is an idea i was toying with myself as ive heard very good things about the results,now im starting the 77 my mate is on about having a go at sleeving an 80 as i picked a 25mm and comp tube up for him on here the other day,ill do a bit of a thread about it if he goes ahead with it
    its funny you should mention about the ox spring as i know one or two folk that have had some good results useing them but i also know one or two that have totally ruined the firing cycle of a rifle with them,(i love how people cringe up when you mention 'ox spring' though) i suppose its the same as everything though sometimes you just got to go against the grain and try things
    this mk1 77 as you say has the 25mm piston so the rifle is allready half way there with regards to a super sweet firing cycle,the later mk2/3 changed to 26mm piston,hard to believe that extra 1mm can change the shot cycle so much but personally i think theres a big difference,the 30mm pistons i think they only used in the 80 and 30?
    the barrel on my 80 should be 497.5mm total length (410mm barrell,slimtech 50mm on to barrel with 87.5mm past barrel) agree probably a little longer than i'd liked but as it is the rifle feels so perfectly balanced it would be a shame to mess with it