1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Field Target Trophy .20

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by The Squire, Feb 14, 2020.

1. The Squire

The Squire Engaging Member

I'm not a prolific .20 shooter however my Evolution does seem to prefer FTT and I guess I've put a couple of tins through it since acquiring the rifle in March last year. Yesterday I had a couple of hours at the range finishing off one tin and then starting a fresh one. I immediately noticed with the new tin that the pellets were a lot looser in the breech, the older ones had been a nice reassuring push fit. With the new pellets I even had the odd one that fell back out of the breech if I wasn't careful when folding back the break barrel. As I said I haven't shot an awful amount of .20 this being my first rifle in that calibre but was just wondering if that was the norm with this make of pellet. There was no discernible difference in point of impact although I did think that I may have had more than the odd flyer although it was quite a blustery day.
    Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    talent and Chouchin66 like this.
  2. Thiel

Thiel Donator

This can happen no matter what caliber you using.
    The dies are wearing off and it is up to the manufacturer how often to change them.

talent, rabbitwrecker and The Squire like this.
  3. Chouchin66

Chouchin66 Posting Addict

...also found a " finicky fit" w/ FTT in my R9... Went to Daystate Kaisers(same weight)... Much more consistent. I've put 2.5 - 3k down the tube - very accurate, give ' em a go.

4. The Squire

Thanks I've got the remnants of a tin in the garage I'll give them a go. I'd convinced myself they were one and the same. :facepalm:

5. Chouchin66

I've read , that while H&N makes these for Daystate, Daystate has their proprietary dies ; so same yet different.

The Squire likes this.
  6. The Squire

A bit of a postscript @Chouchin66 as curiosity got the better of me this morning so into the garage with the chrono!
    I found the tin of Kaisers I had, unfortunately there were only about 20 or so left but i put a few over the chrono before comparing to the tin of FTT which were a slack fit. The result was the loose FTT were doing on average about 43 fps faster than the Kaisers!! :eek:
    So I decided to measure the head size with my digital vernier, all of the FTT were less than 5.0mm diameter, coming in about 4.96mm. The Kaisers on the other hand were all over 5.0mm diameter, on average about 5.03mm. So small differences really count and I defo think I have a dodgy tin of FTT.

7. Rm29

Rm29 Currently obsessed with silencers

I bought a couple of tins a few weeks ago, they were an extremely loose fit! I don't have access to them atm but I can grab the die numbers off the tin later . See if it matches your numbers..

8. sharpsman

sharpsman Keyboard Hero

Surely the pellets get bigger as the dies wear

Figgy likes this.
  9. Chouchin66

Daystates (Kaisers) label @ 5.0 mm, may be you have a " tight barrel- looser leade". As such, the head of the pellet only needs to kiss the lands of the rifling - less friction= more speed. Accuracy is what matters , so wouldn' t worry too much . If more accurate& consistent - all is good. As Daystate " owns" their dies, they may be more consistent? If your barrel likes ' em ?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  10. Popgun

Popgun Donator

.20 Pellet info.jpg

11. Chouchin66

@The Squire : my latest purchase of Kaiser .20 carries this batch # -cn 170426.99707.17 , hope this helps !

The Squire likes this.
  12. The Squire

The tin I’d got is CN 150817.90804.15, frustrating to there seems to be a shortage at the moment in the UK, I’ve had a quick surf around today and everywhere is waiting for stock. It’s even mentioned on here on the last thread on a similar topic.

13. Regal Man

Regal Man Keyboard Hero

Kaisers are no longer, being made. From what I gather, .20 range to be nonexistent. Which is a bummer my HW100SK loves them. I've got 1 sleeve left ,that's it.

The Squire likes this.
  14. Bagster66

Bagster66 Posting Addict

Kaiser's were the best ,without any question.
    The ftt that I've had in .20 can range from really good to the worst pellet I've ever seen.
    I've had tins that varied by 1.2 grains and some pellets literally fell through the sizer ,whilst others wouldn't fit in!
    Only buy one at a time now and if they are good I will go back to the shop and buy more

The Squire likes this.
  15. Bagster66

Bagster66 Posting Addict

16. The Squire

Oh dear that is a bit of a shitter.

17. MartinJGUK

MartinJGUK Keyboard Hero

I found the Exacts to be far and away the best in my 0.20 Rapid, FTT were ok but not brilliant

The Robin and The Squire like this.
  18. Trampilot

Trampilot Keyboard Hero

I noticed FTT .20s were a bit looser than before. Still the same accuracy through my 80 though. I use Weihrauch or JSB in my 97 now. Just seems to like them more.

The Squire likes this.
  19. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I've found the same in one rapid .20 but the other .20 rapid likes both JSB and h+n ftt the same. Poi is pretty much the same too but the h+n are lighter

20. MartinJGUK

MartinJGUK Keyboard Hero

Stan who shoots with me at my local range has a 0.20 cal huntsman and that’s brilliant with exacts. I’m just hoping they don’t discontinue them at some point! Might have to invest in a sleeve of them one day soon

The Robin and The Squire like this.