1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Fiddling with my 2250 in Thailand

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by robsamui, Jan 1, 2014.

1. robsamui

robsamui Member

Hi everybody.

New Year's day and I'm still fluffy, so in an attempt to get my brain working . . .

It's overcast and 27 degrees and my guns are going rusty with the humidity again. So after cleaning, polishing and oiling, I thought I might offer one up to you.
    It started life as a standard 2250. There are a lot of skilled Thai guys over here and one of them is machining ally breeches which take the Marauder rifle 10-shot mag, with a shroud to match. So the first stage was simple enough and I stripped and polished the air tube to match. (I was planning on stripping down the Bug Buster to the bare silver, but after having spent an hour with a power sander and fine grit on just the lens shade - forget it!)The little muzzle break is a Crosman part - unbaffled, but it actually reduces the crack of the gun quite a bit. At this stage I was still on CO2 powerlets.
    [​IMG]

Then things kind of piled up. A HiPAK with one extension, together with a B&A Boss valve. Plus I got a larger transfer port to match the exhaust port on the valve.
    Plus a really effective silencer from the same guy who makes the breech/shrouds. (This actually will screw directly into the shroud, but I didn't like the look of it.)
    Hmmm . . . .??
    [​IMG]

The problem was that there was now a lot of barre/shroud/airtube in front of the transfer port. I drilled and tapped and enlarged the piddly little screw that sits in the breech under the magazine, but there was still noticeable play - the barrel could be rocked slightly and there was a leak from the transfer port. (See the top picture - you can see that the barrel isn't parallel to the airtube.) This was only partly solved by adding a Gmac upper O ring to the transfer port, so I scouted around and found another craftsman making brass bits, and he made a brass barrel band to my sketches. This effectively pressed the shroud down at the front end. He made 2 bands for me - one sitting on the shroud and the other on the barrel - I like the look of both together! (Or do you reckon it's too fussy?)While I was at it I ordered a brass trigger shoe from him, plus a brass-housed hammer spring adjuster with a 2,500 psi Gmac spring.

In Thailand there's no restrictions on things like overall power or silencers, and without the valve spring being touched I seem to get the sweet spot at about 1,800 psi. This gives me a 15 shot string of between 710 and 670 fps with 14.3g Crosman Premiers - 14-15 FPE. After this the POI drops steadily but still gives another 7 or 8 good shots.
    [​IMG]

The next stage is to do something about the horrible plastic stock. I quite like the idea of getting an upgraded trigger, and BlueFork does a nice one which will take an AR-style handgrip - black grip and the trigger group stripped down and polished silver.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Then the last part is to hack the plastic stock about. I can't take the credit for this idea but it seems perfect. It still keeps the "Crosman" style but makes it far more functional, with an adjustable stock and cheek riser. Plus I've just got to do something about the silly little foregrip . . . maybe the Marauder pistol foregrip will fit - then I can add an air gauge, too. And then I reckon that'll be it. I'll post the final piccies when it's eventually finished!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  2. ped

ped Big Poster

looks good rob the breech looks well the blue fork trigger is a much better unit and greggs workmanship is very good
    ped

3. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

What a stunning set up you have there, bet your over the moon with it :up:

4. robsamui

robsamui Member

Yes - heard good things about these triggers. Thanks for the heads up.

5. robsamui

robsamui Member

Thanks - tho it has to be said that I haven't been using it much in the last month or so.

Over here it's the closest we get to winter, meaning that things have stopped growing for a while and there's no fruit on the trees!
    I used to go out and shoot the squirrels and birds which were getting at one of the local farmer's fruit - but there's not much about right now and the weather is blustery
    I've got the gun set up with ChairGunPro so that the zero gives me a virtually flat trajectory between 14 yards and 40 yards, and I have to say that the gun is pleasingly accurate at that range. The extra power means that I get more range but it also also increases the hold-over unless the zero is optimised.

Yes - I'm happy with it - the best single thing was the multi-shot breech - I won't ever be able to go back to loading single pellets now. But I'm hooked on modding - once you get the itch you just gotta keep fiddling!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  6. bolo2

bolo2 Active Member

Looks like you put a lot of work in definitely payed off :up:

7. droid

droid Posting Addict

Nice work, you got a quite unique set up there.

I love seeing what can be done to these rattys.

8. robsamui

robsamui Member

To follow on -

am now in the process of upgrading trigger group (Bluefork) + AR grip, 2600 airtube, modded Disco valve, 0.111 transfer port, stronger adjustable trigger spring and there's a custom 16-inch barrel coming too.

Right now it's shooting raw at over 800 fps with 14.3 Crosmans at 1,800 psi (just on 22FPE) - no idea yet what what the shot string is like.
    [​IMG]
    (Plus this valve/tube combination looks good for up to 3,000 psi also . .)

But cranking the valve spring half way out shows 670 - 690 fps at 1,800psi, and all the way out is around 450 fps - looking really promising . . . from 450 to 800fps in half a dozen twists!

But it's really loud at top whack - like a .22 blackpowder. I'm gonna need that suppressor!

I'm having the modified 1399 stock made-up at the moment.
    Then all the metal exterior parts will be custom airbrush powder coated.

What I want is to be able to keep it short - don't want a long gun, and all those 2240s with yard-long skinny barrels I think look really silly - like genetically damaged walking sticks.

I reckon this will end up less than 20 inches long with the silencer and stock removed - just about perfect in length and a nice overall balance of looks.
    Projected image will look something like this -
    [​IMG]
    Reckon the final powdercoating is about a month away yet - I'll keep posting!

R

ps - I'd love to go down this path with my Prod, but no. The Marauder pistol holds it own at (big transfer port and new hammer spring) 670fps with 14.3 pellets. Messing with this bottoms the resale price right away. But a unique custom 22XX is a different story. (Plus it's MINE!)

Next project? The 0.32 cal CO2 2240 at over 100 FPE with custom wood grips - 2 shots from a 12g CO2 powerlet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  9. robsamui

robsamui Member

ps - my mistake - the 0.32 cal CO2 2240 is around 80 FPE

10. Squats

Squats Engaging Member

I really like what you`ve done to the stock, it`s certainly got me thinking about my 1377/22 project.

11. robsamui

robsamui Member

The picture here is an 'artist impression'' - but I've suggested to the Thai guy who is making up the parts that he keeps the patterns for it all.
    I'll post the photos when it's finished. But it might be that in a few month's time I'll be offering the DIY kits to modify your own 1399 stock!