1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Ferrets!

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Fog, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

Great to Hunt with. Stick um down the Hole up pops Bugs and 'Goodnight'.

Great hunters. Just try not to get them to kill the thing in the hole or else get your spade out!

2. panic

panic Member

I used to keep 'em when i was a bit younger...the perfume didn't make me popular with the ladies though, so when my gill died i gave 'em up for girls instead!!
    They really are great little workers tho...and if you do manage to get a 'good one' they'll give you lovely little kisses AND catch you bunnies.

3. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

Carefull using them in March In England as there are a lot of Young Bunnies they kill easily down the hole. Then its Get digging as that Ferret AINT going anywhere else with a hot meal and a warm bed next to it 6 ft down!

4. panic

panic Member

Lol...done enough digging in my time mate, if its not the ferrets it's the bleedin dogs!! Just carry a folding shovel and all is rosey!!:D

5. sharpshooterpete

sharpshooterpete Donator

Ive got two ferrets. They are 15 weeks old and are so comical, can't wait to bring 'em out for their first hunt. I don't mind digging them out if they lay up, its all good fun, aslong as i feed them before we go out they will have no need lay up and eat, i hope that works anyway. someone i know feeds them before they go out and rarely does he lay up.

pete.

6. AA Anonymous

AA Anonymous Well-Known Member

ferrets

keep them warm when your transporting them, if you stick them down a rabbit hole when their cold there's a good chance they will curl up in the rabbits bedding and go to sleep until they warm up before they go to work. :D

7. dom

dom Well-Known Member

just a quick question are all ferrets smelly or was it just my mate not cleaning his out properly.:confused:

8. AA Anonymous

AA Anonymous Well-Known Member

They do all smell a bit i used to clean mine out morning and night and they had fresh bedding once a week that kept the smell down alot i will say though i never found the smell offensive some women pay a fortune for a musky perfume you get it for free if you handle ferrets. I used to have one ferret and three polecats all hobs, they make excelent pets you don't have to have them just for working.

9. sharpshooterpete

sharpshooterpete Donator

smelly

My ferrets don't smell that bad, the only thing that stinks really bad is their pi$$. other than that they are not very smelly. i clean their hutch out everyday, clean their toys, tunnels ect. every week or so and feed them healthy nutritious food, rabbits, pigeon, dry food, vegitables, fruit. they love it all ands its a good balance of food for them. you can't just feed them muscle meats all the time because a diet limited to meat alone would cause harmful and eventually fatal nutritional imbalances. also i found that when i feed them fresh meat alot they tend to smell more, has anyone else found that?

pete.