1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

feinwerkbau sport 124 problem

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by dino89, Jul 21, 2007.

1. dino89

dino89 Active Member

new to the forum so hi to all
    can anyone help with this. got my feinwerkbau sport 124 .177 cal out of the cupboard had approx 15 shots and then it wouldnt even spit the pellet out of the barrel complete loss of power ( its approx 28 yrs old ) had it brand new since i was a teen
    1/ whats likely to have gone wrong ?
    2/ where can i get spares ?or would it be worth getting a tuning kit if avialable ?
    3/ how do i strip it down to repair it ?
    4/ do i need any special tools like a spring compresser etc?
    5/ how easy is it to strip and rebuild ?
    thanks
    Dean

2. David

David Engaging Member

welcome on board dino89,

One place you can go is at http://www.chambersgunmakers.co.uk/feinwerk.htm

there you will find parts and a plan of your gun

It sounds like you need to have your rifle serviced by a gunsmith as it may need new seals and spring
    although I would recommend you have your gun repaired by a gun smith if your confident enough to do the repairs yourself you will need to have it checked so that it doesnt go over the 12ftlb

David

3. dino89

dino89 Active Member

thanx for the reply ,the parts link was very helpful.
    i have time on my hands and would like to have ago at this myself so i would like to here from anyone who can tell me how to remove and replace the main spring seals etc
    do ox do a complete kit ? or can anyone recommend a kit for this model

4. David

David Engaging Member

Good luck and be carefull
    David

5. dino89

dino89 Active Member

made a spring compesser with g clamp screwed down as seen below now just need someone to advise the correct way and order to strip it down now ! what are the pitfulls and how do i release the end cap to remove the main spring theres is no pin securing it !and also there is a saftey catch at rear

then would like to install complete new kit main spring seal etc any advice on ox kits or if you know a better one would be appreciated

6. David

David Engaging Member

7. David

David Engaging Member

Oh, OX springs aparently produce a lot of recoil (Under videos on this forum termed 'Heavy Recoil') I would reccommend shopping around eg chambersgunmakers or /John knibss (Tel: 01675 481006) who stocks spares for all airguns

Cheers

David

8. dino89

dino89 Active Member

thanx .thats a brilliant find just what i needed ,just want a kit that produces at least the 12ft lbs :) do the ox spring produce more than that ? is that why they recoil ? ideally i want a seal and spring kit found this place in america http://www.airguns.citymax.com/page/page/251483.htm but not sure wat the quality is

9. David

David Engaging Member

While your keen to strip your gun just check to see that a pellet isnt stuck in the barrel

Would still recommend you seek advice from John Knibbs or your local gunshop

David

10. dino89

dino89 Active Member

no pellets in barrel used coat hanger to push it out when the power failed! very sure its the seal thats failed but might as well replace mainspring as well
    googled John Knibbs and sent an email via his website for advice
    did see this mentioned on an old post about FWB Sport 124 but cant find any suppliers on the web( £55 tuning kit from Maccari) also found a couple in america http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/page/page/251483.htm 2 tuning kits listed here added link as may help anyone else reading this
    thanx

11. dino89

dino89 Active Member

now have the gun stripped what a lovely gun to work on cable tied trigger/safety as i extracted the spring on my homemade compresser which worked a treat now to choose the replacement kit got 2 in mind
    at this link http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/page/page/251483.htm
    one is super mongoose and the othe is old school anyone any thoughts on which is the better or the difference between them
    thanxfor all the help so far