1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice Feinwerkbau (FWB) Sport 127, valuation

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by captaincrash1971, May 27, 2015.

1. captaincrash1971

captaincrash1971 Newbie

Hi, a friend of mine was recently given a couple of airguns and an air bottle. He has offered them to me, and I have explained I have no interest in the FWB, but would consider taking it off his hands to sell it on. It's a 1980 MK I version, the one with the plastic trigger. I tried the gun, and it couldn't even propel a pellet out of the barrel. After stripping it down I have found why, the piston seal was crumbled and perished into a thousand pieces.:(
    Anyway, I have risked £40 on a rebuild kit (breech seal, piston seal and spring) along with associated grease and lube. The rebuild kit is all standard parts, so won't be getting butchered with some dodgey tuning kit. I'll rebuild it and try and pass it on. How much I offer my friend for these guns is going to depend on what I can expect to make on the FWB.
    The external metalwork looked a little ropey, but an oily rag and much elbow grease has it looking pretty good. The stock is going to benefit from a rub down and re-oiling, there's no knocks or dents, just light scratches on the 1980's lacquer.
    I've never had any experience of these guns, but must say the build quality is far better than a lot of modern guns, it looks like a little gem. I'm looking forward to getting it sorted and having a plink with it. I'll post some pictures once it's sorted, along with chrono figures and accuracy tests.
    Cheers
    Alan

2. Whitebeam

Whitebeam Engaging Member

I hate to say it, but you might make more money if you broke it up for spares!

I've just paid £45 for a replacement rear-sight for mine and I'd expect to have to pay you £25 for the front sight off yours - it's exactly the model and age I've been looking for!

The price of spares for these is getting painful: http://www.airgunspares.com/store/category/64/527/FWB/

Peter

3. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

what!!!

These guns are worth a fortune in good order. I have a MK 2 without front sight but in exceptional condition and been with me from New and mine is a 1981. Had Manchester air guns offer me £250 there and then a few months ago. I cannot find a front sight for love nor money, even spoke to FWB but no luck.

Mine needed a new seal kit and as the new kits are a far better quality product than the original (advancement of rubbers) I found even while retaining the standard spring it went up to 13.5 ft/lb' s!! Ended up taking 3 coils off the spring.

Was told by the guys at the above mentioned shop that the MK 1 guns are the most sought after and bring the best money.

Regarding quality of workmanship, you hit the nail on the head, these guns came without burrs and were made as if each one was hand made. Compared to modern guns they are Rolls Royce.

Speak to a few gun shops, get a feel for them also speak to a few tuners .... I recall speaking to a few, one in Doncaster (cant remember the name) but I am sure you will find they are worth a few hundred.

One of the guys at Bisley BFTO club has several FWB ... there is a cult following for them. Get it checked out.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  4. Whitebeam

At least I prompted one response for the OP! ;-) ;-)

Agree - superb guns and worth the money - I've had mine since I was a teenager when my favourite Uncle gave it to me before he died. I can see it from where I sit now and it's almost flawless (apart from the lack or a foresight :-( ). I've occasionally thought of parting with it, but I guess it has sentimental value as much as anything else. I recently put a 'slightly softer' Maccari spring kit and seal in to replace the almost certainly illegally powered after market spring that I put in 20 years ago and it now shoots very smoothly (albeit only developing 10ft.lb - I guess this might increase as the new seal beds in. It will be one to pass to the next generation one day.

Mind you, if just a pair of original sights costs £70+, how much for a spotless original barrel? Cylinder? Stock?

Peter

5. hmangphilly

hmangphilly Posting Addict

theres 2 on a well know site right now at £225 each .

both without open sights by the looks.........I wonder what happens to all the open sights ???

6. Whitebeam

Took 'em off as a kid as soon as I got a 'scope 'cos 'scopes were cool and open sights weren't.

Peter

7. captaincrash1971

captaincrash1971 Newbie

Sorry Whitebeam, you're barking up the wrong tree, I don't have a front sight either :rolleyes:.
    Thanks for the replies guys, I'll sort it this weekend and post some pics and stats when it's done. I'll be advertising it on here soon enough.

8. Whitebeam

Worth a try ;-)

Peter

9. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

Good thread....Hmmmm trying to get something for low money aiy :D can't blame you.

Mine has no front sight either. Same story as yours.

Look after your gun, they are fast becoming collectable

10. Whitebeam

To tell the truth I wasn't trying to pull a fast one - honest.

I'd been told by a gun dealer last year that I might get something like £100 for my gun, although I was asking about trading it in for a modern rifle at the time. I didn't take the trade because, as I say, that gun belonged to a wonderful man with a huge heart who indulged me something rotten as a kid and who I then had to watch die of lung cancer.

Obviously my friend in the shop was trying to get something for low money though! }:-(

Peter