1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Feeder Trouble.

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Brooksy, Apr 17, 2019 at 4:58 PM.

1. Brooksy

Brooksy Engaging Member

I put my squirrel feeder up about three weeks ago and filled it with corn and maize, all good, in a nice spot. Next visit, the cord had been cut that I'd used to tie it to the tree and it was evident that somebody had tried to pull it down, luckily the frame fixer screws had held. Last night I visited again to find that the door had been opened and the key thrown away. Disappointed, I went off to a rabbit permission instead.
    Now, it's been bugging me all day, so I rang the farmer and asked if he'd any problems with my putting it where it is, no, no problem. He said if he'd got a problem he'd have removed it and called me. Fair enough, that's just what I thought, after all, farmers aren't backward in coming forward normally, and I've never met a sly one yet.
    So, I've now got to move the feeder to a different location as it's obvious that there's a squirrel lover on the loose!
    I've just been out to the shed and cut a piece of steel plate and dug out the pop rivet gun, once I've screwed the feeder to another location, it's going to be armour plated, nobody will get rivets out without taking a drill with them!
    I'll post before and after pictures once I've done the work. Unless there's a squirrel lover lying dead by the tree of course, then I'll be on the run!

2. Rat reaper

Rat reaper Post Whore

Get a trail cam set up ,the person maybe local and familiar to the farmer

3. Brooksy

Brooksy Engaging Member

I was thinking about that mate, but I'll need a bit more leaf cover or that might go missing. What gets me is the fact that the area is very remote, so it has to be one of his neighbours!

Slipknot88 and steevie dan like this.
  4. Rat reaper

Rat reaper Post Whore

If you can get a ladder and get a cam higher enough you should be ok

Slipknot88 and steevie dan like this.
  5. steevie dan

steevie dan Big Poster

Up in a tree that you need a ladder for mate. PIR operated land mine would be good.

Slipknot88, MartinJGUK and Marky-Boy like this.
  6. steevie dan

steevie dan Big Poster

Make feeder from 10mm steel plate welded together, hire crane to install then hopefully if someone tries to pull it down it will crush them.

7. Brooksy

Brooksy Engaging Member

My feeder is already made from a steel box, but a crane? I can't afford that, I'm only a poor train driver! Poor as in bank account, not skill. :thumb:

steevie dan and Slipknot88 like this.
  8. Rattymcrattyface

Rattymcrattyface Nobody's playin' Manilow

Another vote for trail cam. Opportunity for high jinx with the perpetrator is perfect:thumb:

Slipknot88, MartinJGUK and Marky-Boy like this.
  9. Marky-Boy

Marky-Boy Just The Two + 1

longer ladder

Slipknot88 likes this.
  10. Dicer

Dicer Donator

Pop an alarm mine on it somehow at least that would give them a fright, also get some good footage on a trail cam as it goes bang.

Slipknot88 likes this.
  11. MartinJGUK

MartinJGUK Busy Member

Yep. And a call to plod to report a trespasser committing destruction of property with video evidence

Slipknot88 and Rattymcrattyface like this.
  12. Rattymcrattyface

Could be the squirrels though. the bleeders trashed one of my feeders:roflmao:

ggggggg.jpg

Slipknot88 likes this.
  13. MartinJGUK

MartinJGUK Busy Member

Or someone who hates squirrels and thinks some idiot is feeding them.....

Slipknot88 and Rattymcrattyface like this.
  14. Brooksy

Brooksy Engaging Member

There were feeders there previously, my mate Davebebb had them up for a long time. He passed away early last year but gave the permission to me by introducing me to the farmer. His feeders were plywood and not as noticeable as mine perhaps. I'll sort it out.

Slipknot88 and MartinJGUK like this.
  15. PW1

PW1 Shooting the breeze.

Don't be too sure it's one of his neighbours, I put a video up recently of someone try to take mine down/ steal it, fortunately it was so well built and chained to the tree, he even tried to take the tree down, but wasn't man enough. My trail cam wasn't well hidden, he just didn't notice it.

Regards
    Peter

16. MartinJGUK

MartinJGUK Busy Member

I think a trail cam is definitely your best bet in catching this scumbag

Rabbitpie and Slipknot88 like this.
  17. Slipknot88

Slipknot88 Engaging Member

I put one up regularly,you'll be suprised what tells you.:D:confused:

Rat reaper likes this.
  18. Rattymcrattyface

I have the files my mate sent to me of activity he caught on a trail cam.

Shocking behaviour and not in a good way. Id have to go to the adult section to post them :eek:

19. Rabbitpie

Rabbitpie Post Whore

I’m not sure if you have a trail cam but I’m willing to lend you one of mine I have a cable lock that I can send as well. Your more than welcome to borrow it.

Dave.

20. steevie dan

steevie dan Big Poster

Small block and tackle slung from some higher branches will do the job matey