1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Fed Up, Poxy Health And Its Effects On My Hobby

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by DRAGONBAIT666, Jul 19, 2018.

1. DRAGONBAIT666

DRAGONBAIT666 Busy Member

Where do I start?

Various health conditions that I won't bother to go into right now.

The net effect is that often it really effects my shooting ability.

I am a good shot, often been complimented on it :)

But, when my health is not at it best my hobby suffers big time..

Example was today, up Nelson gun club, nice n quiet, just me there, barely a breeze..

I went between consistantly hitting cocktail sticks at about 30 yards and not being to hit jack s**t !!!

Sigh, so thought I would come on here and have a whinge lol

Basically I get that anxiety feeling that comes and goes in waves.. It is physiological so no amount of meditation will help.

Gets my down at times, especially when it spoils the ideal range time like today grrr!!!

Whinge over (for now)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  2. Tacex

Tacex Donator

I can totally sympathise geezer, like yourself I have a list of medical issues and at the worst of times it can be soul destroying, but without my hobby I think I'd go kin crazy.

Just plod on with the rest of us decrepits

take care

atvb Andy

just doin' the do...

DRAGONBAIT666 likes this.
  3. PBaz Barrett

PBaz Barrett 'I love slinging led me'..

Yep keep plodding on and do what you can when you can.. and most importantly.. enjoy it when you do.. Were all dropping to bits.. I thinks there is something in the water..:confused:

4. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

Sorry to hear of this mate. Try and keep your chin up and I hope it all eventually works out. Just remember a bad days shooting is better than no shooting at all.

5. DRAGONBAIT666

Hadn't really thought of it that way.. thanks :)

6. Comet400

Comet400 Engaging Member

Feel your pain bro, got 2 types of arthritis, plantar fasciitis in feet and lost the top quarter of my right lung somehow so I am able (just) to work but am not able to get out shooting that often.

7. Jiggy ward

Jiggy ward HEY YOU GUYS

I’ve suffered for the last 8 years and it’s soul destroying I’m not there yet but nearly back to myself chin up and take it one day at a time you will be the winner

8. Darren Petts

Darren Petts Temporarily Alive

I have trigeminal neuralgia. Often called the suicide disease because of the hideous pain that no drugs can treat. The old adage that if you are unable to influence or affect matters then accept them helps me. It's a bit Buddhist but correct to say that unhappiness is a result of unfulfilled desire. If no amount of desire is going to improve your health then try to accept it and accomplish what you can.

number10, SteveO, windymiller and 2 others like this.
  9. Tacex

Tacex Donator

try a phat spliff geezer, helps my mate no end

atb Andy
    just doin' the do...

Rob-ontarget likes this.
  10. garyjm

garyjm Busy Member

I feel your frustration, keep shooting, keep focused. Most off all, keep shooting, good and bad shooting experiences all help us reflect. Sometimes negative, often positive. :thumb:

11. Darren Petts

Tried a space cake - double strength. No effect at all including no high. I think I'm highly resistant to a number of drugs including caffeine and nicotine.

12. Tacex

Tacex Donator

now that is a pity, I know it helps my mate as I said and definitely helps me.

Andy

just doin' the do...

13. DRAGONBAIT666

Yeah that sucks. Know someone else has that too :(

Lil list my conditions. .

Arthritis in both hips
    Severe migraines
    Diabetic 2
    Raynauds
    Peripheral neuropathy

Plus various martial arts injuries n damage from being unlucky n careless

But at least I’m not fat n bald. Dammit I just looked in a mirror :( lol

Baldalot likes this.
  14. Deadshot

Deadshot For Queen For Country and For Us

Nowt down fer this gettin old Mallarchy it SUCKS a lot of this is all our teenage years of falling off bikes out of trees from walls etc comin back to bite us in the Ass. I'm the same got a bad hip (Arthritus) pains in the neck and back (arthritus) from broken bones in years gone by and a heart condition to boot which I take Metoprolol Tartate for as well as Aspirin which helps thin the blood had a few attacks but still kicking .. at the moment :facepalm:

15. DRAGONBAIT666

maybe this thread should be named hands up those of us who are NOT falling to bits lol,.. sigh, but we must all try make the best of life within whatever health and wealth conditions we have :)

Deadshot likes this.
  16. Tricky13

Tricky13 Keyboard Hero

This thread sound just like our air gun club down the range on a Tuesday and Saturday, we are mostly retired guys and if not shooting we are taking the p**s and putting the world to rights along with discussing our latest medication, its all helps to keep the mood high.

Most of us have either had or have some serious problems, and we generally just laugh about it all, keeping a sensible head and trying to see the positive side always helps, but we all have our dark times, i like to try and keep active and interested, i have suffered from depression in the past and a bit of a glass half empty sort but i try and stay positive about my problems,
    I have suffered from arthritis for some years my knees where bone on bone 10 years ago but i am a wuss when it comes to surgery so haven't got them done, but recently the pain has become just to much to cope with so now i am on amitriptyline as a nerve blocker which helps a bit and i have bit the bullet and got things moving for the first knee replacement,
    I think being diagnosed with prostate cancer this year has kind of put thing in perspective for me, fead up with not being able to walk anywhere more than a few hundred yards so i will get that sorted once i have been treated for the cancer, which is one of those things that as there are no symptoms you just cant get to grips with the fact you could potentially die from, so i just keep going doing all the things i can do, and try and enjoy things.

17. Darren Petts

You sure you weren't looking in my mirror there?:D

18. Sandy man 1963

Sandy man 1963 Busy Member

Mate I fell for you I have MS and some stupid thing called ankylosing spondylitis. When both are playing up I’m shattered and sadly could not hit a barn door one foot away.

I just grin and bare it and hope that one day it will not play up when I’m shooting.

Do not let it get you down keep fighting and more importantly shoot

19. psycho inside

psycho inside Psycho by name, chilled by nature....

Love is in the air...........:laff:

Darren Petts, Sky and DRAGONBAIT666 like this.
  20. DRAGONBAIT666

Feel ???

psycho inside likes this.