1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice Falcon Prairie Bm

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by littleJon365, Jun 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. littleJon365

littleJon365 Democracy unless they disagree

Hi all,

I’ve been looking at a Falcon Prairie BM in .177
    Looks in mint condition and has just had a service.

My questions are:
    Is the Prairie BM any good?

Who made the barrels for them, LW?

Are spared easy enough to get hold of?

What does the BM stand for? I’m assuming Bull barrel for the B? M? Multi shot?

Any other advice would be much appreciated or if you’ve had/have one are they worth it.

I think I’ve read somewhere that these were the last Falcons (BM’s / CM’s)and had a fair few improvements made to them with the mags.

Many thanks
    Jon

2. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I'd personally much rather have an Air Arms; as apparently would most other punters judging by how poorly they sold. Being manufactured by Air Arms I'd expect the barrels to be LW, but I can't confirm 100%.

Replacement seals shouldn't be an issue (with the possible exception of inlet and exhaust valves) but I'd guess that given the guns' age and relatively short production time, "hard" spares are like to be very limited (and obviously increasingly so).

Not sure about mag improvements on later guns, but I'd definitely recommend giving it a good shakedown with both mags before parting with cash as I've known them to be very tempremental in the past. Check the associated components for wear and damage too, and also get it over the chrono at around 150bar as they're well known for coming out of the factory well OTT.

Not going to ask how much but I'd not recommend paying north of £300 for one gun only for all the above reasons.. good luck ;)

littleJon365 likes this.
  3. littleJon365

Thanks for your valid input as always
    I remember them having a good rep for being very accurate and for un regged rifle the power curve was pretty good?
    I hear what your saying about AA. Beautiful rifles and pretty bloody good. I’ve just got shot of a S400 and US510 in a bit of a clear out so I’ll soon know if I’ll come to regret that :confused:

£325, one mag, Hawke 2-7x32 ao ir, cheapish Bag, two tins pellets, fill probe, mod. Looks new.

4. rich79

rich79 No deep or funny comment here

I've always liked Falcon rifles, the finish on them was very nice & accuracy wasn't a problem, wish I'd kept mine.
    NSP which owns AA bought them out which may have put potential buyers off the later models as they might have had similar concerns to you, what's likely to go? O-rings are easy to get, if you're worried about more complex spares then an email to AA asking if they still stock spares might ease your mind, you'd be very unlucky for anything other than a spring or o-ring to go.

littleJon365 likes this.
  5. cloverleaf

No worries.. I know it's not quite as straightforward as this, but I'd personally not let go of either an S400 nor S510 in exchange for a Falcon.. I hope you've got some decent gear left after getting rid of those two!

That aside the price isn't eye-watering (assuming it all works and is legal) considering that the scope's got to be worth £50 and the mod maybe another £25-30 if it's a decent one :)

6. littleJon365

I had a soft spot for them as a youngster but couldn’t afford anything back then. I’m in need of a .177 and it’s looks mint as well.
    Your right about O-rings probably being the only issues and it’s just had a service and changed a fair few so should be decent. I haven’t found someone that has slated them that I know.

7. littleJon365

To be honest I haven’t taken the 400 out in some time and its just sat there for a few years. I just didn’t see the point in keeping it. The US510 was very good and extremely accurate but the weight is a little on the heavy side. I think the Ultimate Sporter looks great as well but weighs as much as me. I didn’t sell them to buy the Falcon, I was just on the look out for a .177 and found what looks like a decent one so hopefully something cheapish that is decent.
    I’ll Chrono it before I take it Friday/sat as well, thanks for the heads up. I normally Chrono at home after purchase but that would be a little too late :rolleyes:

8. cloverleaf

Good work and good luck ;)

littleJon365 likes this.
  9. wolfy68

wolfy68 Posting Addict

I have one.A very accurate rifle for the 20 odd shots you get running at 11ftlbs as mine is.I can increase shot count to just over 30 if i bring it down to 9.5ftlbs.
    Sorry,doesn't seem to matter what i do with my pics...they usually always upload upside down.

Attached Files:

littleJon365 likes this.
  10. littleJon365

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  11. wolfy68

wolfy68 Posting Addict

Mines a true left hander, one of only twenty ever made.I remember being disappointed with the shot count myself after buying it.
    Not sure what the shot count was advertised at by falcon at the time of production but i get 3.5 mags (28 shots) before pellets start to drop off target at 30 yds, thats from a 200 bar fill down to 120ish.Of course being unregulated and having such small air capacity i would hazzard a guess that longer shots will drop off target a lot earlier.

littleJon365 likes this.
  12. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

28 shots :confused:...

Maybe my ‘Raider 2’ ain’t so bad after all, I think the OP may come to regret this...

littleJon365 likes this.
  13. littleJon365

I think it was something like 50/60 shots.
    I’m not sure a reg would help if it’s consistent already? I doubt it would add many more shots. To be fair it’s not to far off some other rifles before they die off. I regged my Ultra for more shots

14. littleJon365

I’ll have to make every shot count :D

TORNADOS7 likes this.
  15. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

I hope you’ve got a bottle and not a pump... :D

littleJon365 likes this.
  16. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

Hopefully for the OP’s sake this is more like it !...

littleJon365 likes this.
  17. littleJon365

I just watched a video of someone putting 48 shots, 6 mags on paper so seems a little better than first thought :cool:

18. cloverleaf

That's interesting - does seem very low, but then it does have a pretty small cylinder on it. That said even my TDR (which has a tiny cylinder) gives me 40 good shots in .22. Don't suppose you know what the air capacity is...?

littleJon365 likes this.
  19. wolfy68

wolfy68 Posting Addict

Tried to find the exact cc's the cylinder has but to no avail.From the outside of the rifle it looks deceptive to its true internal capacity for air but to hazzard a guess i'd say 100cc if that.
    I have tried multiple different ways to gain more shots and other than setting the mainspring to its weakest setting putting out 9.5ftlbs at its maximum i have come to the conclusion that it's a no go.A shame really as its the lightest most comfortable and easiest to shoulder rifle i have.If i could get 50/60 good shots out of it it would get used but as it is it just gathers dust in the back of my cabinet.

littleJon365 likes this.
  20. littleJon365

Found this saying 65 shots at full power?

DA3DBAD7-FBED-4606-A76B-734841AE632E.jpeg