1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Falcon Accuracy Plus

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by buck hunter, Jun 6, 2014.

1. buck hunter

buck hunter Member

Hello Folks,

Recently purchased a second hand BSA Ultra MMC I read a lot of poor reviews about the cocking system but actually I really like it and get on well with it.

I must say the Ultra is super really accurate and smooth for under £250 I cant complain. Im enjoying shooting it and have been out most nights, took a rabbit last night stone dead at 71Yards this leads me on to the pellets....

Falcon accuracy plus are light which from what ive heard isn't ideal in a BSA barrel however I find they are bang on they fly flat with no loop and really do pack a good punch I would recommend for people to try them and see what you find but I think they are excellent value for money!!

Thanks Sam

2. Akita177

Akita177 The Absolute State of Britian podcast

Excellent pellets in my old .22 MMC ultra probly the best and most conistent pellet at 60yards they also gave me the highest ftlb which was wierd being a light pellet.

3. anchovie

anchovie Banned

177 or 22 i've never tried the 177 as they're to light i prefer around 8.4gr which i think is ideal but i had a s/s scorpion a few years ago and in 22 nothing would come close to them in terms of accurracy out to about 55yd , a good shot for 71yd but you've got to remember at that distance the pellet would have lost a hell of alot of the muzzle energy

4. ratharvester

ratharvester Donator

Hi buck hunter glad your enjoying your ultra mmc,I really like my mmc too and have no issues with the cocking so you must be weird like me lol:D I have never tried falcon accuracy plus so thanks for the heads up,will get some ordered.

5. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

I love my ultra, the cocking becomes 2nd nature in no time!

if the falcons are hitting the mark, then that's the fellows for you:)

6. dynarod

dynarod Engaging Member

Looks like it might be a ultra thing.. i've got a ultra mmc .22 and it loves falcons too. i use them for hunting rabbits and after a little work with a range finder and practice they are just falling over now.
    tried aa fields and jsb exacts but the poi was about 6 inches lower over 30 yards. they do fly alot flatter.

7. buck hunter

buck hunter Member

Love the MMC I find it so easy and very effective firing the falcons and watching them fly straight to your target is a credit to the falcon manufacturer I cant fault mine so far I had a few dodgy ones in the batch but that may have been me and them being in my pocket.

8. 177man

177man Engaging Member

Falcon accuracy pellets are made in the same place as Airarms pellets Si

9. 177man

177man Engaging Member

Just had a practice in the garden with some in .177 7.33grains through my S510 i was
    pleased with how they performed had a 5 shot group 27yards of 9mm center to center
    so considering i didn't re zero i was quite surprised how well they grouped.
    Atb Si

10. 177

177 Donator

Has anyone actually range tested FAP pellets on targets at 5 metre/yard increments ?

I find they drop off more than JSB Exact and Air Arms Field at longer distances, not less.

Out to 30 - 35 yards or so there's not much in it but after that they appear less efficient over distance.

Some guns seems to really like them while others spray them all over the place. While the same could be said of most pellets, I don't find that FAP have any particular benefit over certain others.

I've not done any retained energy tests yet but I can get flatter or, at the very least, as flat trajectory from JSB Exact and Air Arms Field (for example) past 35 yards.

Based on that I would rather combine flatter trajectory from a heavier pellet for hunting than use a lighter one.

Maybe it's just me.

Whatever works is good.

11. buck hunter

buck hunter Member

That's a fair point I have actually just got some JSB exact just a test bag just to see what they are like as well as the falcons but at the moment cant fault them in the ultra even past 35 Yards I guess it is personal preference like you say.

Thanks Sam

12. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Give the jsb exact express a try, my ultra loves them,

5p size groups at 35m:)

13. 177

177 Donator

Here's the rub - I have a few guns at the moment but until recently had a lot more than just a few.

One of them manages to combine superb accuracy AND good power from Falcon Accuracy Plus pellets.

All of my others without exception varied between excellent and dire accuracy with them, but all of them shared common ground of significantly lower power using them.

At best it was usually at least 1 FPE lower and, at worst, just shy of 2 and a 1/2 FPE down on the likes of Air Arms Field and JSB Exact.

In plain English that translates to:

Air Arms Field and JSB Exact = good balance of power and excellent accuracy with a flatter trajectory and more retained energy at longer distance.

At least, that's how it was with my guns.

I usually set my spring rifles around 11 - 11.3 FPE using Air Arms Field and JSB Exact. At their worst Falcon Accuracy Plus took an 11 FPE rifle down to an 8.6 FPE rifle. Obviously this meant I wasn't willing to hunt with it beyond mid range.

This was a mix of PCPs and spring rifles that included Logun, Webley, BSA, Weihrauch (lots of these :rolleyes: ) and Theoben.

Pellets are usually a trade-off and, like scopes, you need to find one with the best balance of features to match your needs.

I've said it before but the "lighter pellets fly flatter" argument is full of holes the moment you start testing different pellets from the same gun without altering its power.

Had I set my guns up to 11 - 11.3 FPE using Falcon Accuracy Plus that would have put me approaching 14 FPE with Air Arms Field and JSB Exact.

This is where it starts to get complicated because you end up comparing apples to oranges.

In my experience the vast majority of lighter pellets have a comparatively rubbish design and poor ballistic coefficient which actually makes for a worse trajectory overall.

Testing your own rig with at least one chrono at every range you intend shooting at is the only way to evaluate how a pellet will perform for you.

Superdomes are lighter than Air Arms Field and JSB Exact but past 30 yards they drop like a stone compared to either Air Arms Field or JSB Exact. This makes their trajectory less useful if you shoot longer ranges but it is largely academic up to around 30 - 35 yards.

In several of my springers certain lighter pellets offer much lower power while in some of my previous PCPs certain heavier pellets likewise dropped like a stone in terms of power.

Yet we always hear the "lighter pellets give more power in a springer" and "heavier pellets give more power in a PCP" statements bandied around. They are at best little more than general guidelines.

For hunting you need a balance of power, retained energy downrange and flat trajectory. Accuracy is, of course, an absolute requirement.

I bought 20 tins of Falcon Accuracy Plus last year when everyone was banging on about them. I'm on my second tin (all used for testing purposes) but I only have two tins left. I gave the rest away, given that I can get a better set of overall performance characteristics from either Air Arms Field and JSB Exact.

If the Falcon Accuracy Plus pellets suit your gun, go for it, but don't make any assumptions until you test and evaluate for your own results. It's the only way to be sure...

:)

14. tombillings916

tombillings916 Donator

My Regal loves the Falcons, never use anything else, superb accuracy and very few damaged ones, buy 'em in bulk from Uttings.

15. lee hughes

lee hughes Engaging Member

My s400 loves these pellets and not too expensive neither. Lee

16. 177man

177man Engaging Member

Hi
    After reading this tread i tested some for accuracy and decided to use theM
    last evening whilst hunting rather than my normal aa df and i have to say they did a good job i had 7
    rabbits out to over 40yards and they did seem to have a flatter trajectory
    in my S510 IN .177 .
    Atb Si

17. Seanalf

Seanalf Engaging Member

In .22, I had 3 QB78's that loved them, my Webley Raider loved them and I tried them in a BSA Ultra as well and it was very good with them. My S400 hated them as did any of my springers.

Great pellet whenever I've used them

18. buck hunter

buck hunter Member

Well finished my test bag of jsb exacts hitting power very good however cant get them to match the accuracy of the falcons through my gun I add there not miles away or a massive difference but for me in my gun im going to carry on with the falcons at the moment as im currently happy when hunting or targets.
    Thanks sam

19. carnivore

carnivore Industrious Member

Just at the moment Falcons seem difficult to find, at least on the web. My local RFD doe not keep a broad range of pellets and I rely on mail order but Falcon Accuracy Plus 5.51mm are 'out of stock'.

20. David M

David M Donator

My springer loves them in .22 but I had doubts about their punch out past 30 yards being such a light pellet.. reading a lot of the above comments though, my doubts seem unfounded. I don't shoot my springer at live quarry past 30 yards anyway so no worries... they do take on skirt damage easily though so they need care in handling....:up: