1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

FAC Variation For An Air Rifle

Discussion in 'Firearms Certificate (FAC) Guns' started by marlever357, May 11, 2012.

1. marlever357

marlever357 Engaging Member

Hello Guys

I need a little bit more advice from you if you don`t mind.

OK,I want to send my FAC back after the weekend to change the 7.5mm rifle variation that is unused over to FAC Air Rifle,I am intending to buy a Theoben Eliminator.

In the covering letter that I send to the Firearms Dept will I need to state mechanism type (break barrel) and calibre,such as .22 or just apply for an FAC Air rifle Variation?

Will I also need to mention pellet amounts like you do with live ammunition?

Thanks for your help.

Paul.:up:

2. ths

ths Busy Member

Just specify it as FAC Air, no mechanism or power required :) If however the force is being picky and require a calibre then just amend and ping it back over!

Edit: No pellet amounts required

3. adymorris

adymorris Keyboard Hero

As above but some forces will and some wont insist on stating the caliber, if you know what caliber you want then just state for example - .22 FAC Air & don't forget the suppressor as an FAC air rifle suppressor requires a slot just like a rimfire/centerfire one

4. marlever357

OMG..I forgot about the sound moderator/suppressor,good job you mentioned it,I forgot that Eliminators have them.Thats going to cost £26 for an extra variation.:mad:

Yeah,I suppose it would be best if I was to mention calibre from the start rather than get it all sent back to me after a 3 month wait (for nothing).

Will be looking for a used Eliminator and most of them seem to be in .22 so that would probably be the best one to put down.

Thanks Buddy.:up:

5. marlever357

Ok Mate,will put calibre down from the start,don`t want it coming back.

Yeah,good thing about not stating mechanism type is I will be able to change my mind at the last minute like I normally do and go for a PCP instead.LOL.

Thanks Buddy.

6. ths

ths Busy Member

No problem but a 5 minute phone will clear it all up :) and don't forget the mod!