1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

FAC Range Day (Feed Back Please)

Discussion in 'Firearms Certificate (FAC) Guns' started by Elk hunter, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

I'm thinking of doing a day for FAC rifles on some land I've access to. Very safe backstop and able to get a good distance. Now I'm looking for feed back before I put anything into place, like would anyone be interested or not, what you would wish to shoot at ect.
    So this is my proposal....

A Saturday at the end of February or March for any FAC air to .22 C/F from 100 out to a distance of 300 yards. Zero, spinners, fox, roe and muntjac targets.
    Cost around £15 per head for the day.
    (If the day works I would consider going larger in calibre.)

Thank you Andrew.

2. warrenater

warrenater Donator

would be but too far :=(

3. scoie

scoie Busy Member

Hi Andrew

really good idea imho, I would happily attend with my rifles ( .22,HMR, 223) and would really like to try some metal targets out to longer ranges than I shoot now and also meet up with fellow shooters , on a selfish note I would prefer end of March to arrange my shifts and perhaps better weather then too( ok , ok im being selfish;)) I only have a closed ticket but im guessing the land is cleared so do I have to apply to the local FLO or will you as the host cover that? as being a range

Anyway count me in and a +1 from me
    rgds
    craig

4. paul81

paul81 Engaging Member

though i can't shoot this one, if you want or need any help with the setting up or running, give me a shout, i'm more than happy to help.

cheers, paul.

5. techno

techno Busy Member

HI Andrew, yes its a very good idea and inexpensive too, its a real shame you werent down this end of the world, otherwise i would be first in the queue for sure.
    If you were to have a weekend event over two days in the summer ,arrive on friday and go home sunday evening ,i would love to come for a plink.Hell ive even got a tent.

6. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

Well it's in the mix see what interest is, as I could do it any time really.

Andrew

7. steve54

steve54 Donator

Hi Andrew.
    Thats good of you to offer to lay on a day for the folks here. :thumb:
    I'm waiting on my FAC licence at present. But would love to meet up with folk from the forum in the future.
    Well done, and good luck with the day.
    All the best.
    Steve.

8. XTX

XTX Donator

I assume that the people shooting will need an open licence and also liability insurance in case anything goes wrong (some insurance policies won't pay out if you are at a commercial/paid for event, it is worth checking the small print).

9. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

They won't need an open fac, that is only needed for un police checked land. Closed fac is fine.

Not sure about the insurance?? If you buy a days game shooting it covers you. Someone may need to phone the organisations and check.
    But what Andrew will need is liability insurance incase someone is hurt and it is deemed to be fault.
    Cheers Andy

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  10. 1066

1066 Well-Known Member

Are you sure about that? If you have a closed ticket that says "only to be used at ***" then the fact the police have checked the land doesn't mean that you can shoot there, or am I missing something?

11. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

If your ticket is closed it means you are only allowed to shoot on land on your ticket or land passed by the Cheif Constable of the area for the calibre you wish to use with permission from the land owner.

All the land I have is passed for .30cal in the uk, but on my leases in Scotland to stalk deer you have to have an open ticket as the police do not wish to go and check the land.

But please can we get back to the question I've asked as if the interest is or is not there or what shooters wish to do, i will not take it any further.
    I have enough guys come to shoot with me and I know where I stand legally as I have to be covered but for the moment it's just out there before anything happens.

Andrew.

12. techno

techno Busy Member

If youre unsure consult your feo . There's two of us down here possibly four.
    Im insured with BASC which im sure covers all this.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  13. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

I will be there.

Sounds like Kent are turning up in force - better check your insurance covers Kent marksman Andrew, we're deadly!

14. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

Really. I've seen you shoot tin cans. The deer was just unlucky!
    Andrew

15. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

Look, we may have a 'my little pony' for a county logo but our motto is 'invincible' and if we can't hit it with bullets we can always hit it with a bat.

16. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

You cant play polo on a pony...so now you play cricket...... help us!

Andrew

17. techno

techno Busy Member

I can just about hit a cows arse with a banjo

18. techno

techno Busy Member

any update Andrew?