1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

(Withdrawn) FAC Only: Sako Quad 22LR/ 22 WMR + Additional Scope and Magazines

Discussion in 'Sales Graveyard' started by ths, Jun 28, 2012.

1. ths

ths Busy Member

I'm putting up for sale my Sako Quad in 22LR or 22 WMR which has been cut down to 14.5" professionally by R&B Sporting in Ross on Wye.

The rifle was bought brand new by me from Sportmans in Newport in January when I got my ticket but as I have been granted a 243 I'm going to be hanging up my rimfire shooting for a few months and its too good a gun to have sat in the cabinet. A few people on this forum has shot this rifle and im sure they would happily sing its praises if you want an honest opinion :)

I have a 22 WMR barrel which is also cut down to 14.5", both barrels come with a Sak Mod.

In order to purchase you will need 22LR or 22WMR slot plus moderator slot.

Sako Quad 22lr (or 22WMR) inc Nikko 6x40 Scope and SAK Mod, 5rd magazine (and 9 round for 22LR) - £600

22WMR (or 22lr) Barrel incl Sak Mod and 5rd magazine - £140

100 HV Ammo and 200 Subsonic 22LR - Free with 22LR barrel and rifle

200 30gr Hornady V-Max 22 WMR - £45 when purchased with 22 WMR

Buyer is welcome to try first and F2F is preferred, if you do want it posted then buyer will need to cover RFD costs. Im based just outside Monmouth, post code NP25 3EE (centre of town) for your reference.

Both barrels are still deadly accurate even with the trim and the picture below the middle grouping on the verticle line was done at 100 yards with the 22 WMR when Dunkman and I took it out to zero!

IMG_1118.jpg IMG_1057.jpg IMG_1058.jpg IMG_1066web.jpg IMG_1121.jpg IMG_1123.jpg IMG_1124.jpg IMG_1127.jpg IMG_1132.jpg

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  2. ths

ths Busy Member

I am open to offers as currently I have a Howa 1500 sat in Newport waiting on payment :)

3. ths

ths Busy Member

Price drop £550 with the calibre of your choice, this is a 5 month old mint condition Sako Quad!

4. SteveB

SteveB Busy Member

I have shot this rifle and it is an awesome bit of kit!
    Shame my FAC is taking so long or I would have put a bid in on all of this!
    Changing the barrel takes the same time as making a cup of tea, with the kettle boiled!!!
    Nice and accurate, light and in very good condition.
    Good luck with the sale Tim.

5. Tailormadefun

Tailormadefun Busy Member

oh man, Just bought a Ruger 1022, wish you had put this up last week!

6. ths

ths Busy Member

Interested in working something out lol as i was going to pickup a 10 22 :)

7. Tailormadefun

Tailormadefun Busy Member

Cheers any way mate, gonna stick with it now I have it, not gonna do the same as with the shotguns and chop and change! cost me an arm and a leg!

8. ths

ths Busy Member

Please take this down mods as im listing it else where for the time being.