1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

FAC MODS

Discussion in 'Firearms Certificate (FAC) Guns' started by gasman, May 30, 2015.

1. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

If I have a mod on ticket, and I what to up grade my mod, what would I have to do, ie sell the mod on ticket? How would one go about it?

2. jonesy185

jonesy185 Busy Member

I'm sure it's a variation mate or a one for one . I can't remember what I did when i changed mine .

3. 69chris

69chris Donator

no expert but i had a parker hale mod for my mod 2 and fancied a change so i scrapped it at my rfd and had to re-open the slot before i replaced it, bit of a ball ache tbh and wish i hadnt bothered :up:

4. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

Thanks guys, think I have a slot but I think it's on me .22lr, but want the mod for my .17

5. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Just get an non-proofed mod such as a SAK. As a non-proofed item it will not need a slot on your ticket.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  6. 69chris

69chris Donator

this ^^, if asked just say its for an airgun :up:

7. buffy vampire slayer

buffy vampire slayer LOW BELLEND THRESHOLD

[​IMG] Originally Posted by Jackroadkill [​IMG] Just get an non-proofed mod such as a SAK. As a non-proofed item it will not need a slot on your ticket.

and if he gets caught using a mod he`s not got on his ticket on any FAC registered firearm,he`s up $hit creek with no FAC and SGC (if he`s got one) and a court appearance.
    just sell/scrap your existing mod and put in the paperwork for a one for one variation.
    why would anyone advocate for you to break the law when it`s a free service,but may take some time.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  8. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

As above.
    Or get a variation for another mod now, the fee has gone down to £20.
    Leave the old mod on your FAC in the gun safe and next time you want a variation for a new gun ect you can get a free 1 for 1 variation off of your old mod so getting your £20 back.

This way you don't have your gun out of action without a mod on it (if that's an issue to you) while the paper work goes through
    Cheers Andy

9. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

It's not illegal to use a non-proofed (and therefore off-ticket) moderator on an FAC rifle. You can by SAK's, Parker Hales etc that aren't proofed. They're intended for airgun use but are identical to the proofed versions.

It's a bit odd but perfectly legal.

10. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

I have got two SAK mods, one is on ticket, got it when I got my Ruger America .22lr, the second I got off here lol, I guess my question is this, if i have four slot for rifle and mods, only filled three, so I have one more open slot for a mod,which would be for my 10/22, but can I then buy a .17hmr?

11. buffy vampire slayer

would you care to bet your testicles? or your FAC?

it is in fact of law totally illegal to use a non registered moderator on a gun registered as a firearm on your ticket as the moderator has to be ALSO on your ticket.

12. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

If it's proofed, the mod must be on your ticket. Neither of my rimfire mods are proofed and on the ticket itself the maker's names are given as "unknown" (even though the names are there on the moderators) and under Identification Number it says "No Verification Number". I asked the FEO about this last time he was here and he was pretty dismissive about it, saying "Well, if there's no serial number on it, then how can it be identified?". I agree with you that to use a moderator you must have a moderator slot on your FAC, but in the case of non-proofed rimfire mods, they don't have to be permanently attached to one rifle. Obviously this wouldn't be the case with a fullbore moderator that has to be proofed.

13. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

that makes since Owen because the wildcat mod for the .223 I had to send that off same as a new gun

14. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

It is confusing though a? Lol

15. buffy vampire slayer

I agree totally that it is really difficult to identify a moderator as I have never seen one with a serial number.
    but every one of mine (and I have 5 in total) are identified on my FAC by manufacturer and calibre.

16. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

I wonder if that's a difference in practise between police forces? I've always heard that in the case of non-proofed mods you don't have to pair with one rifle / calibre, and it certainly seems to be the case where I live. Either way, it seems that our two police services have differing views and practises when it comes to what is entered onto the certificate.

17. r10hunter

It's going to depend what it states on your FAC some RFDs will enter unknown as your moderator to allow you to put another mod on even though they know full well the make of the mod they sold you. Even so it's not really allowed to fit another mod unless it's on your FAC but would be hard to prove.
    But if your FAC states a named mod and you get caught with another make of mod on you could be in deep water.
    Cheers Andy

18. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

Yes, that's certainly not a good idea! This is yet another area of firearms law that the police seem to have no greater knowledge of than shooters. To me it seems fairly obvious that I've got an easily identifiable Parker Hale mod on my .22lr and an equally easy to spot SAK on my .17HMR. If the law was concrete about this issue, surely it should say "Anschutz 1451 /22lr rifle (S/N: xxxxxxxx) with Parker Hale sound moderator" and "CZ452 .17HMR rifle (S/N: xxxxxxxx) with SAK moderator". That would be simple to understand and also simple to check. However, it doesn't say that on my ticket, so according to my FEO I can use any moderator that has no serial number.

That would be fair enough if it was the same all over the country, but evidently it isn't. I'm not really bothered either way - the mods I have stay on their respective rifles and I'm quite happy with them in that respect. What would be nice would be legislation (not police practise) which said something along the lines of "Unproofed moderators may / may not be fitted to a rifle" or "A moderator must only be used on the rifle with which it is paired on the shooter's FAC". Either would be fine, but neither can lead to circumstances such as this.

19. r10hunter

The whole idea of mods being on FAC at all seems a little pointless to me. Why does you FAC not Just allow you to buy and sell moderators as you want.
    Apart from .22lr that an air rifle silencer will fit anyway they still all make a great Big Bang so it's not like you are stoping people making a rifle super covert if they can't get hold of a moderator.
    I suppose there must be a reason but I don't see it.
    Cheers Andy

20. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

I agree - no point in it at all. A moderator is just a can full of discs, after all.