1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Fac Impact Service

Discussion in 'Firearms Certificate (FAC) Guns' started by MikaMutt, Nov 24, 2019.

1. MikaMutt

MikaMutt Engaging Member

I’ve taken the bull by the horns and completely disassembled my .25 Impact for a proper going over before the installation of a power kit.
    So a thorough internal and forensic clean, polish bits that need polishing and new O rings.

A couple of things discovered, internally the gun is filthy! The hammer is buggered, with tiny dings around the edge, according to Ernest Rowe’s instructional videos, this is caused by letting the cocking lever fly back when the gun is either cocked or half cocked causing the hammer to strike the cocking pin, and requires replacement. Used guns eh? :rolleyes:

Very nicely engineered though, I’m mightily impressed and can now see where the cost is.

2. the logun-ator

the logun-ator "can i,? wey aye man!"

never stripped/service one yet.looking forward to it though.
    done a few £1600 plus guns in the past but not the impact.

MikaMutt and mmamonster like this.
  3. MikaMutt

MikaMutt Engaging Member

Service complete, it’s taken so long because I was waiting for parts, special parts

So while the gun was in bits, I couldn’t resist a bit of modification. Especially after talking to a Serbian chap who makes the parts for my mods.

This might be worth a watch for those interested. https://www.youtube.com/user/vladankrosaki

The rifle now has:-
    Enlarged transfer port in the barrel and probe.
    Added stainless steel Hammer weight.
    Modified valve seat housing.
    New titanium valve seat with 6.3mm hole.
    Delrin C3 bumper.
    Large external plenum.

The increased air flow through the internals has allowed a big reduction in reg pressure, down to 105 bar from 140. Hammer spring tension has been reduced significantly and the rifle is much sweeter to shoot as a result. The rifle is producing 64ftlbs at 920fps with 34 grain JSB Mk11s and is printing 5 shot clover leaf groups at 55 yards. It responds to adjustment input much more positively and instantly than it did, it took ten minutes to find the ideal velocity for these pellets, very little, if any, dicking around.

When I’d reassembled the rifle with the new mods, with the HST maxed and the reg pressure set at 130 bar (just happened to be that after reassembly), the rifle sent 34 grain pellets across my chrono at 985 feet per second!

THIS is what FX should be making! These mods have turned an already excellent rifle into a very very very excellent rifle.

Weather permitting, there’ll be 100 yard testing this weekend. I’ll post some pictures of results if anyone’s interested.

mk2 and bucketboy like this.
  4. bucketboy

bucketboy Keyboard Hero

Have a look at airgun nation, there is pages and pages of power upgrades on there.

I am going to take my sub12fpe apart when I get time, there is something rattling on the inside that a dont like. I think there is a better way to get this gun to work at lower power levels than just fitting a weaker spring.

when I pull back the cocking arm, from the time the dog starts to move the hammer until the trigger sear catches it, there is 22.5mm of travel. Pull the trigger and the hammer has to more forward 22.5mm before it hits the valve. Compared that to my other guns of 7mm.

what I intend to do is fit a strong spring, better spring guides and give the hammer a much shorter run up before it hits the valve, this should decrease lock time, make the gun less sensitive to adjustment and reduce the horrible twangs and rattles the spring, guide and hammer currently make.

I will report back when done.

Bb

metalman and Popgun like this.
  5. MikaMutt

MikaMutt Engaging Member

The more I read, the more I believe that the Impact was developed as a high power unit, with a detune for U.K. sub 12 requirements. There appear to be ‘work arounds’ that appear not so very well designed/thought out, to get the power down.

A shorter stroke would be a huge benefit but I wouldn’t know how to achieve that with the sling shot system.

Tuning the things to higher power levels just gets them sweeter and sweeter.

You’re reading the same forums as me (I’ve seen your contributions). FX were going to offer this after market tuning kit through Ernest Rowe from what I’ve read. That seems to now be not the case.

Good luck with your modifications, I’d be interested to read about your progress/results.

6. MikaMutt

MikaMutt Engaging Member

All done and all set up, at last. Group was shot at 70 yards. Three shots, 15mm. Slight breeze.

Attached Files:

metalman likes this.