1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

FAC Gas rams

Discussion in 'Technical' started by siggy, Apr 8, 2017.

1. siggy

siggy Well-Known Member

As iv got my fac in and im a persistant fiddler, plus the fact iv got a sub 12 gas ram gamo .22 (breath) . Any info on upping the power abit for the pesky tree rats on my permission ?
    I dont want to go the pcp route (Hides behind the sofa) so any info would be mucho aprieciated.

2. vtrik

vtrik Engaging Member

I think for a Gamo you must purchase a fac gas ram. But I don't know if futher AT is added to a sub 12 gamo (small transfer port?)...
    Or, try to find a HW90, you can pump up the gasram to a higher pressure.

sent from mobile with Tapatalk

3. shauny

shauny Top Poster

gas rams are bad enough at 12 ft lbs, cant imagine what an fac ram will do ! prob knock your teeth out.

Slipknot88 and HW100Tuning like this.
  4. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

If the 12 ft/lb version is anything to go by, the Gamo won't be nice with an uprated ram. FAC Theobens and the HW90 can be, but you will need an uprated piston as just upping the pressure will just make it nasty.

5. shauny

shauny Top Poster

NAST....IER

6. Oat

Oat Very Active

I wouldnt waste the slot on your ticket either unless you try before you buy :)

Slipknot88 likes this.
  7. Scrinja

Scrinja Trust Me

Have to disagree my HW90 1993 .22 with inertia piston removed, delrin bearings fitted, shoots really sweet @ sub 12
    With the bonus of basically maintenance free operation to boot
    No guides, top hats, spring, or lubes needed its a spring tuners nightmare

2506sendero likes this.
  8. Tinbum

Yep, it good for FAC too, the eliminator is even better! If you try and run it at the top end of its envelope it will be a dog, run it at sensible levels and its a cracking self contained higher power air rifle.
    I have lost count of the people who tell me about crap gas rams that break scopes etc that have never even lifted one, let alone shot it. Gamos are **** though. All of them. Spring, ram, piston don't matter. Just ****

Slipknot88 and Scrinja like this.
  9. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Gas rams: Horrible at 12ftlb, horribler at FAC.
    Gamo: Horrible regardless.

One shudders at the thought of what an FAC Gamo gas ram would be like!

Get a PCP or better yet a .22LR ;)

10. Scrinja

Scrinja Trust Me

Yes buddy have to agree on the gamo and like you say alot of people diss them HW90s and have never shot or held
    one thats been worked on a bit, Mine is a dream to shoot but im not biased in regard to springers in anyway
    as i have a few myself Pelletcaster (on here) i believe loves his 90 also
    Thanks tinbum and take care
    Rob

11. Scrinja

Scrinja Trust Me

Lol
    [​IMG]
    Like this one
    Rob

12. rabbitwrecker

rabbitwrecker The Tree Hunter...

View attachment 156846

Something like that...:D

13. siggy

siggy Well-Known Member

Im down for a 22lr and a 17 hmr Cloverleaf, but was just thinking of something for squirrels as im not realy into shooting rimfires into trees.
    I was just thinking of getting my 22 up to 177 performance.

14. buffy vampire slayer

buffy vampire slayer Keyboard Hero

I had a FAC crusader for about a month about 3 year ago before it went back to the shop for good after smashing 2 piston crowns.
    good service from Aaron wheeler in Brighouse with no complaints when I returned it.

15. Tinbum

What usually happens is a gun is advertised as eg 24 ft/lb, it will run at that, but it will be terrible. Reduce it to 18-20 ft/lb and it calms down and is much more pleasant to use, easier to cock and all that jazz.
    Having said that, If I had to have a self contained FAC I would use an HW80, but PCP is king when it comes to 20 ft/lb plus.:)

16. kt83

kt83 Posting Addict

Re. HW90 FAC. They're were, probably still are very popular in the US. The sheer mass of the 30mm bore helps absorb the super high pressure piston. I'd love a plinking session with one of these.

17. kt83

kt83 Posting Addict

No sorry CL but have to disagree. I was down the range last week when one of the .22 lads asked for a go with my .177 TB90. After hitting all of the spinners out to 30 metres there is an annoying 10mm spinner he tried...missed tried again...missed... I said just use the bottom post and keep it steady on top of the spinner and queeze off nice n gently..next shot, whack! Cue big fella with beaming smile handing rifle back to me.

18. gunsnlandies

gunsnlandies Busy Member

I've just bought a Diana AR8 Blaser. The action is a 350 N-TEC Compact Pro which has a short barrel and muzzle weight. This is built on the 350 Magnum platform. It has a decent German made (Bilstein) ram at its heart. It is a heavy well made rifle owing to a lot of steel around that ram.
    I think that lightweight is the problem where most rammers are concerned, like a cheaply made lump from Spain or China.
    It's time people got over the fact that Theoban has long gone, and Weihrauch are no longer the only manufacturer of a quality rammer.
    My Diana shoots very nice... thank you.

19. gunsnlandies

gunsnlandies Busy Member

20. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

That's fair enough, however if you do a search on here you'll find few advocates of FAC springers, for good reason... while using a Gamo as a base would make the situation ten times worse :p

Of course you're both entitled to your opinions; no matter how tragically misguided they might be :D