1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Fac Application. Smallbore/fullbore

Discussion in 'Firearms Certificate (FAC) Guns' started by Michael Godfrey, Aug 11, 2018 at 9:07 AM.

1. Michael Godfrey

Michael Godfrey Newbie

Hi All,

I am just about to apply for my ticket but have a quick question.

My club that I shoot at is smallbore 22LR only.

I wanted to know if I would be able to add .308/7.62 to my application for ad-hoc shoots at a fullbore range on open days. Bisley etc?

I would be a member of the full ore range club but want to attend open days.

Would this be reason to have a slot for the .308?

Thanks in advanced.

2. gasman

gasman Has a Massive member

Yes, this is what happens in most clubs, our range is limited to downloads on rifle rounds but we have range days three/four days a month

3. rich79

rich79 Donator

How does this work? My club does most disciplines so it's not something I have to worry about, But..... Who would you be insured by & who signs your safe shooting card? I know if you're an NRA member you can just book a lane at Bisley but you'd be insured through them anyway!

4. Michael Godfrey

Michael Godfrey Newbie

I will have to ask some of the guys at the club on Sunday.
    Got about 2 months before I get my ticket.

5. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

Many small bore clubs have a full bore section with a separate person running it. Often only half a dozen shooters.
    You just join the section and pay a small sub. Then normally pay a fee for a target and marker when attending full bore ranges fortnightly or once a month, whatever they do.
    A very good way too save fuel too!!

6. darklord

darklord Keyboard Hero

First off if you want full bore there’s only two ways with clubs

First is your club NRA affiliated if so state that most HO clubs are. get the affiliation number and put this on your application

Or join the NRA anyway.

If you don’t do one of those two most FEOs will now say no to fb until you qualify one of those two criteria.

Get a letter from the club secretary stating they are affiliated to the NRA that’s what I did and then no problem.