1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

F1 chrono

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by pilki, Jun 25, 2012.

1. pilki

pilki Guest

Hi I have an f1 chrono with remote socket has anybody made there own remote lead or can you buy one in the uk

2. timmaaah

timmaaah Engaging Member

Yes mate - it's a piece of pie to do. SpikeG on the Air Gun B'BS did this write up. I made mine using an old 35mm film cannister. I've updated the prices but the part numbers are still the same.

Remote control (simple)

The simple remote for the F1 and Alpha allows you to step through some statistics and the shot memory using the F1's built in display. This is otherwise only available using the Function button on the Ballistic printer.

If you buy the parts from Maplins it will still come in at under £5 Now under £7 but cheaper if you have some bits knocking about. (Part numbers in italics)

Parts list:
    3.5 mm Stereo jack [Code: HF98G £1.89]
    Pushbutton switch [Code: FH59P £1.49]
    ~1 metre 2 core cable [Code: XR20W £1.09 Per metre]
    Small box [Code: N78BQ £2.09]

How to:

Mount the switch in the box.
    Solder the cable across the two connectors.
    Solder the other end to the Sleeve and Ring of the audio plug. Diagram
    Yes it's that simple!!!

Completed remote.

If you build this keep the box you mount the switch in fairly small then it fits nicely inside the chrony
    Usage.
    (Taken from the manual)

The push button on the Remote Control is the equivalent of the FU button (or Function button) on the Chrony Printer.
    The F-1 Chrony will provide you with summary data such as Hi, Lo, Average velocities and the total number of shots fire. Plus: Extreme Spread, Standard Deviation as well as numbered shots and retrieval of individual shot velocities.

1. Deleting Single Shot:
    Press & release the button repeatedly until the desired shot number is displayed (NOT the velocity). Press & hold the button until display flashes. Release button immediately. The Chrony will automatically adjust the statistics.
    2. Starting a new String:
    Turn your Chrony OFF and the ON again. Or, (if you don’t want to get up) press & release the FU button until -Hi- is displayed. Hold the button in until the display changes to -CL-, then release the button. -Clr- is now displayed. Press & release the button until the display changes to -CLS-, then press & hold button in until the display flashes. Release button immediately.
    3. Retrieve Information:
    Anytime you wish, you may view the data you have produced. To do this, simply press the button, identify the information you are about to receive, release button and read the information. Repeat this process for each piece if information shown below.

Code:

What you see on press What it means What you see on release
    -Sn- String number Will always be #1 with the F-1 Chrony;
    -Lo- Lowest velocity velocity of the slowest shot -
    Hi- Highest velocity velocity of the fastest shot -
    Av- Average velocity Average velocity of all shots -
    ES- Extreme Spread Hi velocity minus Lo velocity -
    Sd- Standard Deviation Standard deviation of string of shots -
    To- Total number of shots recorded since Chrony was turned on. The number of shots fired.
    -10- # of last shot fired velocity of 10th shot
    -9- # of next to last shot fired velocity of 9th shot

etc., etc., repeat until all the shots have been shown, then -[ ]- appears. This means the end of the data and, that you are ready to shoot again. If you press the button again, you start the viewing cycle over again. Simply pressing and releasing the button takes you from one piece of data to the next.. If you wish at any time during the viewing process to return to the working mode, stop pressing the button and wait 15 seconds. It returns to the working mode by itself. Sometimes, if you hold the button down for more than two seconds at a time, the unit will go into a sub-menu. Wait 15 seconds, it will return to normal by itself. When you think that you may have done something wrong, take your hands off, and it will go back to normal by itself.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  3. the logun-ator

the logun-ator "can i,? wey aye man!"

....above,does this also work for the ''ALPHA model Shooting CHRONY''...?..it has a socket on one side, description of the display sound very similar?

4. timmaaah

timmaaah Engaging Member

ISFAIK the Alpha is just an F1, but with the optional remote :)

5. pilki

pilki Guest

wow the power of airgun forum
    I put the thread no 17 30 yesterday and i have made the remote today from an old hifi lead a solder tube and a button switch i had in my bits box will post pic when i can yes it works
    cheers Timaaah

6. pilki

pilki Guest

Here's some photos of the finished switch. DSCF1520[1].jpg DSCF1522[1].jpg

7. timmaaah

timmaaah Engaging Member

Looks good pilki - I want to make a light source for mine next for indoor testing :) Like I said, I used an old 35mm film canister for my box - I had some twin cable and a push to make contact switch in my odds box - I just had to buy the 3.5mm plug :cool:

For anyone considering making your own remote - the remote for the F1 is so so simple to make! If you're not sure on soldering then send me the bits and I'll do it for you (no charge) :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  8. knighthawk

knighthawk Posting Addict

Good post mate ..looks dead easy to make..well I get on with making one myself..thanks

9. knighthawk

knighthawk Posting Addict

10. timmaaah

timmaaah Engaging Member

Depends on what pins on the plug are wired up mate :)