1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

expensive guns

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by simply james, Oct 23, 2008.

1. simply james

simply james Banned

do we really need to pay lots of money for guns for hunting,ive had most of the top pcs and springers,but the one i have at the moment does the same job as all the expensive ones ive had.

2. 12BoreMax=P

12BoreMax=P Posting Addict

is that the 77 mate ?

3. simply james

simply james Banned

yes it is mate,out with some of my mates they all had the top gear,usual jokes is the credit crunch that bad mate,3 rabbits 3 magpies and one dove what did they have a bunny apiece,what more can i say

4. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

i think its the case with PCP's but not so much spring guns

crossman discovery, AAS410.

ufair comparison? maby but how much better is the Air arms pro sport to the HW77?;)

5. utrinqueparatus

utrinqueparatus Active Member

I wish i could afford a decent rifle and i suppose when i get my FAC i will have to. I have a diana 34 .22 and a cometa 300 .22 and i have taken countless squirrels, pigeons, crows and magpies with the cometa ( havent really had chance with the diana yet ) I keep hearing people rant on about how good all these rifles are so i imagine im going to be loving it and killing everything in sight when i get a pcp. I do think that rifles are seriously overpriced these days when you look incomparison with 5 - 10 years ago.

6. 12BoreMax=P

helish mate . am sure av hurd some 1 say that people are still useing h77s in target shooting and there beating the pcps ;)

its like when your fishing you could have a £300 rod or a £3 rod the fish cant tell the differance can they

7. i8allthepies

i8allthepies Posting Addict

£300 rods are designed to catch anglers - and they work!:D

8. hughie

hughie Posting Addict

Good point davy. I think a lot lof airgunners by their expensive gear almost as a fashion statement. Although i would like a pcp.

9. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

£300 rods are designed to catch anglers - and they work!:D .........

Think you will find that its poles that are £300.00....Why because they are idiot proof, anyone can fish with them and catch....But in the past I have have fished against 4 good pole blokes, and beat em with my, waggler rod:D:D:D

10. i8allthepies

Many moons ago I used to manage a very up-market camera shop in Paddington, West London. We used to sell a lot of really high quality cameras to the type of tourist who wears three or four of them round his neck, and we referred to this as 'middle-aged male jewellery':D

11. Greg B

Greg B Well-Known Member

I thought PCP's were expensive, until this week when one of the lads at work got his shotgun ticket. Jeez, there is some serious money involved there! Luckily it looks like he has got a good second hand Beretta, but even then it was twice the price of my Airwolf and even more new! I wouldnt even want to think what a tailor made Purdey would cost:eek: I think I would rather spend all that money on extra shells. wouldnt it make them green having spent a serious amount of money on a shotgun to have some oik tip up next to you with an off the shelf gun and wipe the floor with you:D

12. i8allthepies

Greg, it's the same in any hobby or leisure pursuit, the law of diminishing returns.:up:

13. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Purdey's are an investment, most shotgun shoots that have them, dont use them. :D:up:....you buy them for a lot of cash, you sell them, for a lot more$$$:D

14. 12BoreMax=P

i wouldnt mind a nice pair of prudys but last i saw they were like 300.000 :eek::eek::eek:

same to be sed for rothburrys

15. 12BoreMax=P

when i first started fishin a had a carp rod that cost id £20 and a reel that cost is £15 and i cort a 22ilb carp . i then invested in a nash rod forgetin what it was but i cort bot all with that haha

like i say the fish cant tell the differance if you use the rite bait ;)

16. i8allthepies

And some of the best photographs I've taken were with a Russian camera that cost me £15.00:)

17. 12BoreMax=P

you can allways get some thin that turns out to be amazing quality that costs coppers

just bin lookin for new scopes and i have found a nikko sterling 3-9-40 with a adjustable px with mounts for £38 a thort the were lods more than that !:eek:

18. Greg B

Greg B Well-Known Member

Yep a bit of research and shopping around pays out in the end. Though I do get the best I can comfortably afford in boots or technical clothing. They are areas where you definately get what you pay for however it does pay to avoid some of the more fashionable brand names:rolleyes:

19. 12BoreMax=P

belive it or not i wear a piar ex army issue pants that 1 got from the boot sale a cammon bench jacket i got ages ago and a pair of rigger boots and i dont do too bad lol

20. simply james

simply james Banned

re pro sport against hw77,ive had bothe now and the pro sport loses out to this rifle hands down ,id say its because the previouse owner has tuned it to perfection and looked after it so well,or is it just me ive found the perfect shooting companion,as ive said ive had most top pcs and there lovely guns,but most people can use a pc not many can use springers to shoot as good as a pc ,i was brought up with springers from a very young age ,hey but let every one make there own mind up what they shoot ,saying im very happy with my investment for so little money,!150 wouldnt even get me my bottle and hose so im streets ahead already.