1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Exercise Bikes

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by shauny, Dec 2, 2019 at 11:26 PM.

1. shauny

shauny Top Poster

im after an exercise bike, but the half dozen or so that ive sat on are too short,and the seats dont go any higher. i have a bike,but have not been on it for a while,so want something i can
    sit my arse on while watching netflix /tv any tall chaps 6 ft + 17-18 stones have any recommendations for such a machine?? cheers all

Jukebox likes this.
  2. Burden666

Burden666 Donator

Considered a turbo trainer?
    Can use your own bike then...

If it must be a bike, check out spin bikes - they're usually very adjustable.

danban, Gary Jones and shauny like this.
  3. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy - Pepe Le Pew

4. shauny

shauny Top Poster

ive seen those, but i dont want chain lube all over the wall/carpet :)

5. shauny

shauny Top Poster

any pics?:)

WR14210, foxtrott, garyjm and 4 others like this.
  6. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy - Pepe Le Pew

Thankfully no lol

foxtrott, Gary Jones and shauny like this.
  7. Burden666

Burden666 Donator

Maybe use less lube?
    Or wipe the chain down to get excess off mebbe...
    It's never been an issue when I've run my bikes on the turbo.

Anyhoo.. Personally, I'd look at spin bikes (if turbo's no go)..
    Even the gym bikes I've used haven't been that good..

Gary Jones and shauny like this.
  8. Lev Levvin

Lev Levvin Pro Poster

We used to have a recumbent exercise bike

before zoe’s legs gave up completely

it was great, very comfy. She’d sit ‘in’ it and pedal away for ages watching the tv.

very low to the ground

I used to use it too and I’m 6’2”

shauny and SteveO like this.
  9. Gary Jones

Gary Jones Big Poster

@shauny can I ask what your looking to get from the exercise bike mate? Is it just a bit of exercise to get a sweat on or is it that injures etc prevent other workouts? The only reason I ask is there is different ways of working out from home that you can do for a fraction of the cost of buying an exercise bike that will give you more bang for your buck and will provide almost endless variety and you can tailor your workouts to suit your goal. And you only need the same space that a bike would take up.

The equipment I'm talking about is a kettlebell.

I dont know if you've done much with a kettlebell mate but the versatility is unmatched. Great for cardio, strength, power, stamina and coordination. :up:

SimonCornwall likes this.
  10. Lev Levvin

Lev Levvin Pro Poster

Isometrics worked very well for me in the 80’s

shauny likes this.
  11. SteveO

SteveO Big Member! :D

Carl Lewis machine, I'm 6ft 8" and it goes higher than I need, 32" leg.

Just checked, it's an EM50 model

carl-lewis-5-kg-exercise-cycle.jpg

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 1:24 AM
  12. Jukebox

Jukebox Better to burn out...than to fade away.

Ironically mate I'm in the same boat as you as we move house next year and I have a garage that's getting converted into a man cave and was looking at a bike and rowing machine to add to my freeweights also :thumb:
    Watching with interest :thumb:

shauny likes this.
  13. shauny

shauny Top Poster

nice one .cheers steveo:thumb:

SteveO likes this.
  14. shauny

shauny Top Poster

static bike, cardio. got bench and a few loose weights. took over a 100kg of plates to the tip before i moved:facepalm:,
    didn t realise how dear stuff would be to replace. just kept dumbbells and a few small plates

Gary Jones likes this.
  15. sagalout

sagalout Roll on January 2nd

I've just sold all my free weights, over 300Kg olympic, bench, rack, several bars. Age as taken over and I still think I can lift heavy but I kept hurting meself, so it's all gone and I've gone over to a suspension trainer, I got this one it's better than the original TRX in my useless opinion. Understand it may not be ideal in front of the telly :)

16. Jukebox

Jukebox Better to burn out...than to fade away.

Tell us more about these please mate?
    Good replacement for weights?

17. sagalout

sagalout Roll on January 2nd

Absolutely, depending on what you want to achieve. Thousands of videos on youtube search TRX, the number and variety of exercises is amazing. Not for bodybuilding but for low/no impact fitness training they are brilliant. Very good for whole body, and core workout. The ones I linked to need nothing added even have the bolts for the ceiling hooks are included.

Jukebox and Gary Jones like this.
  18. SimonCornwall

SimonCornwall Engaging Member

I had not considered a kettlebell as I didn't think they were that versatile, I guess google will tell me otherwise. I also gave away my free weights when I moved and not looking to bulk up again I am looking for anything that will work on cardio, fitness, strength and these seem too cheap to not try. I suppose once I've looked at what you do with 'em it will give me a guide to which one to buy, first. :thumb:

shauny and Gary Jones like this.
  19. Gary Jones

Gary Jones Big Poster

I've done free weights for 20odd years and will always continue to do so. But I also a few years ago took up a strength and conditioning condition class at a boxing gym where the format is 60 exercises where you go flat out for 30 seconds then 10 second break to move onto to the next station. A lot of the stations are kettlebells. I was amazed at the variety of uses. I ended up buying a couple of different weight kettlebells to keep at home just incase I ever couldn't get to the gym.

YouTube will give you complete workouts to follow until you've sussed them out.

Well reccomend bit of kit though. :up:

shauny and SimonCornwall like this.
  20. Akita177

Akita177 Addicted to Iron

If getting older my advice is to start strength training while you can.

If you do cardio do short high intensity interval ,rather then catabolic or endurance.

If you need to lose weight what you eat is the key , start intermittent fasting and slowly increase your fasting window.

dancza, SteveO, shauny and 2 others like this.