1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Er, Ever Heard Of This Idea?

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by secretagentmole, Mar 27, 2020.

1. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

2. 2506sendero

2506sendero Legend in his own mind & living on the edge.

If you think that is spooky you need to see the link that @RedKen posted on another thread.

3. RedKen

RedKen Me head's a shed.

I can't find that thread this morning. I reckon it's been zonked.

4. Redcap 114

Redcap 114 Donator (Les)

Best New Member 2019. From Leigh-on-Sea Essex.
    Most definitely Spooky.

Regards.
    Les.

5. 2506sendero

2506sendero Legend in his own mind & living on the edge.

That's a bit weird then, it was a totally innocuous post :shrug:

6. Gunfun

Gunfun Engaging Member

I found this really spooky too, especially the line "Always look on the bright side of Death, Just before you draw your terminal Breath"

Or maybe not.

7. carnivore

carnivore Industious Member

I remember that; it was bleak! If I recall it correctly all human responses were there; greed, selfishness, selflessness, fear for personal safety and fear for the future of life generally. It just goes to show how life sometimes imitates art.

8. Mortimer

Mortimer Lord Haw Haw

That series was one of my obsessions for years after it was transmitted. You can still find episodes on YouTube, which are lacking in production values, but it was still a good series. A remake in the 2000s, by comparison, was sh*te.
    Unfortunately, principal actors wouldn't/couldn't return for later series and the saga was compromised.
    Anyone who is bored just now might find the eps available on the Tube interesting.

Blue BSA likes this.
  9. warrenater

warrenater Donator

Definitely spooky.

10. pjgtech

pjgtech Better than a Poke in the . . . . . Ouch!

Vaguely remember that, was quite bleak, didn't it also have rabid dogs in it?

Blue BSA likes this.
  11. Blue BSA

Blue BSA Keyboard Hero

Spooky?

I binged watched all 3 series over this last Christmas.

Since I stopped watched BBC, Sky etc. ** about 5 or 6 years what I do over Christmas is get a classic TV series on DVD to watch over the Season and a newish block buster on Blu-ray for Christmas Day.

** Apart from the rarest thing. For example a year or two back I watched the BBC's adaption of The Little Drummer Girl which was OK-ish for the modern BBC.

12. Blue BSA

Blue BSA Keyboard Hero

Yes. It did have rabid dogs. In one episode the lead meets an ex-college lecturer turned trader on the road; the latter rescues the former from rabid dogs. But the lecturer had unbeknown to himself had contracted the disease after a wild dog had taken some meat out of the man's mouth; I assume it was a leg of something or other. This was a plot device to mask him catching it as a bite would have been to obvious. There is a wonderful scene of the lecturers foaming at the mouth chasing the lead and two extras about a valley; they save themselves by heading to the river.

Dogs were something of a problem for the production team. They wanted wild dogs, but the stage dogs they had were all too well behaved. Early in the first series some of the survivors are trapped in a Commer minibus surrounding by dogs who were that docile it looked farcical.

13. Blue BSA

Blue BSA Keyboard Hero

I am of the mind that you have to over look such things. To me TV is theatre and though obviously some level of reality is desired you have to allow for not only technology, but budget and indeed the social values of the day. Too many modern shows look fantastic and yet are atrocious in terms of story telling and sadly their political content.

Mortimer likes this.
  14. Mortimer

Mortimer Lord Haw Haw

I agree, should've said lacking in production values by modern standards. Have you read Richard Herley's book Refuge? One man in his house in Hertfordshire in modern times after a global plague. Plenty of guns and shooting and natural history. :)

Blue BSA likes this.
  15. Blue BSA

Blue BSA Keyboard Hero

I shall look the book up.

They remade Survivors and destroyed the story for political reasons. Can't comment further because of forum rules (thankfully).

I apologise. Production standards and values are one are my hobby horses. :oops:

Mortimer likes this.
  16. Late Boomer.

Late Boomer. Active Member

Yes. I agree. I watched all the episodes on Youtube last year. Some of the acting is a bit ropey, and the production budget was obviously sparse.
    Talfryn Thomas, the peculiar looking Welshman who turned up in various TV programs in the 1960s and 70s, including playing Pte Cheesman in Dad's Army, was in it, as was the actor who played Cassandra's Dad in Only fools and horses.

Mortimer likes this.