1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Energy Supplier Gone Bust!

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by dougan, Sep 22, 2021.

1. dougan

dougan Donator

Saw on the news tonight that my energy supplier Avro, has gone bust.
    Been with them for three years with no problems, just need to wait and see where I get moved to.

Phil Spectre and john79 like this.
  2. john79

john79 sywell ft club

let us know how you get on matey :)

3. shauny

shauny Top Poster

mine gone down the pan as well. utility point:facepalm:

john79 likes this.
  4. dougan

dougan Donator

Will do!
    Been doing some research, looks like you are put with one of the big suppliers on a extortionate rate, but you can switch right away to another supplier.

Mortimer and john79 like this.
  5. bighit

bighit Big Poster

A few have gone bust recently.

One that tried to supply mostly renewable engery was one.

john79 likes this.
  6. Lorenz

Lorenz Posting Addict

I am with Neon Reef for electric and just thought I would check them out... they have not paid their bill to OFGEM this month and another 4 other companies haven't either and are all threatened with loosing their license. But £37 k and they can't pay it? So I guess they will be in the news soon along with the others. I hope Calor-British Gas do not hyke their prices, as my gas is a fortune already!

john79 likes this.
  7. metalman

metalman Big Poster

Anyone recommend a “big” company that is fair and approachable/contactable without these virtual keyboards ie someone to actually speak to

8. SJC

SJC Shooter and golfer.

Been with same provider for some time..Very big name well known, had loads of offers to move to unknown.com but stayed where I was which has been a good choice..
    Energy firms like buying air guns, cars, golf clubs etc, if it’s too good to be true it will be!....

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    Cam. likes this.
  9. Lostkiwi

Lostkiwi Tomorrow will be a good day.

Green Energy has gone bust too.

10. snipperuk

snipperuk Minion

I'm with avro too :(.......
    I did see it was reported today that we in the UK are paying double for our energy than any other EU country :facepalm:

Lorenz likes this.
  11. Anchutz

Anchutz Busy Member

I change duel fuel a couple of weeks ago (end of contract) came on line on the 13th. Change from shell to British gas, they were the cheapest but the price has almost doubled from what I was paying shell.
    The most annoying thing is it impossible to give a meter reading for the gas.
    The app won't accept it, SMS won't accept it. Tried phoning the, idiot operator wouldn't take a reading. Expecting a massively over estimated bill.:mad::mad:
    Took photos of meter for proof.

SteveB13, Tadpole, RedKen and 2 others like this.
  12. Mortimer

Mortimer Pro Poster

Yep, don't forget to photograph your meters. I've been doing that for a while after the incompetence of a previous supplier.

SteveB13, Tadpole and twocore like this.
  13. Lukeypoodle

Lukeypoodle Posting Addict

Same issue with them, fleced us £400 when we are £70 in credit at the end too.

SteveB13 likes this.
  14. no country members

no country members tooled up tool

I'm also with Avro. They've stopped my access to the online account portal. So I'm tempted to stop my direct debit. You have to have some Censored pile of a business model to fail at selling energy in the UK ffs :facepalm:. Greedy gets will have been trading hand to mouth riding the big profit wave instead of investing ahead to secure and grow their business.

Dan Simpson and Cam. like this.
  15. twocore

twocore Posting Addict

wirral stuck in retard central looking to escape
    Good old british gas haha, ive got a thread on this from a while back lol
    I give up with them, just keep pics of the meter and dates of your phone calls, and keep off direct debits, Cash is king:thumb:
    Feck them now you tried to do your bit:thumb:
    I tell you one thing though the energy ombudsman is going to be snowed under when bg try and get sorted, all the disputes that will be going on @Anchutz

Anchutz likes this.
  16. ShineySpanners

ShineySpanners Engaging Member

We were with people's energy and have been moved over to British gas since the collapse, waiting to see what happens next

Shocker and Ste.v.a like this.
  17. SteveB13

SteveB13 Engaging Member

I was with PFP and they've just gone bust as well. Just about to be moved to British Gas. My cost for power for the year will go from £1500 to £2450. A bl..dy joke.

18. no country members

no country members tooled up tool

Just cancelled my direct debit with Avro.

Last time this happened to me with Future Energy the administrators tried to sting me for several hundred quid based on their 'ESTIMATE' of my usage - utter t055p0t5 had lost all the meter readings and tariff data somehow and were using higher tariffs for more units than they should have in a frankly fictitious calculation.

Luckily I had kept all my readings and photos and contract docs but because their letters to me were arsey and threatening referral to their debt recovery team I didn't really feel like giving this all over so instead I just wrote back to them asking for factual evidence of the debt rather than an estimate. Took several exchanges of letters but they eventually gave up. Daft thing is all they had to do was be honest, apologise and ask if I had kept records and I'd have happily sent them the lot.

I'm expecting some similar shenanigans to ensue this time sadly. :facepalm:

SteveB13, Tadpole and ShineySpanners like this.
  19. Grey Man

Grey Man Big Poster

I notice that whilst copious (and suitably vague) references are made to 'the wholesalers', the media is avoiding mentioning exactly where the gas comes from.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    Cam. and Lorenz like this.
  20. Ste.v.a

Ste.v.a All round good guy ( so I'm told )

Same here I was with people's energy
    Just received a text and email from British gas saying ofgem have recommended I go with them. We'll see how I get on with them I barley use gas and limit electric we use. See how we get on with them