1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Electric Vehicle Trip Hazards

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by tinmanofkent, Jan 8, 2020.

1. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Lagerfanny

1120E879-CB9E-4A0F-8BC9-FD42ABE4D51D.jpeg
    This car is parked near where I’m working in South London. Every day they freeze to death because they have a charging lead hanging out their street level window and risk tripping up the public with their cable.

If I ran a cable to a cement mixer in the street I promise you I would get a dozen complaints from the public. How do they get away with this? I’m tempted to have an accident... and a claim.

On a serious note I’m note sure if the batteries are the biggest obstacle or the logistics of charging in a city.

2. Wing Commander

Wing Commander Posting Addict

Yup, electric cars are only suitable for people who have private, off-street parking (a driveway).

Cars being charged on the street, with cables draped all over the place is a disaster waiting to happen. :eek:
    People will trip on the cables....... and mindless, drunken hooligans will vandalise them. :rolleyes:

oedbachgen likes this.
  3. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

I seen this the other day and was not impressed :mad:

It is an accident waiting to happen, and although hopefully it won't be me who trips on it, I'm sure the no win no fee guys are going to make a killing on this one.

OldGreyDog and Gary Jones like this.
  4. bucketboy

bucketboy Big Poster

Yet having a extremely flammable liquid that is highly explosive leaking in the gutter or a less flammable liquid that is very slippery, spilt on roundabout just to catch out motorcyclist is totally acceptable!

Bb

Pugwash and TORNADOS7 like this.
  5. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Self isolating taking it one meme at a time

Where there’s blame there’s a claim :D

6. Strathrpc

Strathrpc Posting Addict

Strathpeffer, Highlands, god's own Country
    I believe cable theft is an ongoing issue in some places these days!

oedbachgen likes this.
  7. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Hmmm ... now where did I put my pair of insulated pliers ? :rolleyes:

myiot, oedbachgen, Gary Jones and 2 others like this.
  8. Nubble

Nubble Donator

Some people ffs.
    I Bet they never thought that one through when they were in the showroom being dazzled by the salesmans blinding bullshat....

I'd rip the fecker out, or cut the cable just where it passes thru the fence. Maybe even wire the fence up. :facepalm:

That hurts likes this.
  9. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

What's even more surprising Nubbs is that the car owner didn't park up on the pavement :D

Nubble likes this.
  10. SimonCornwall

SimonCornwall Busy Member

what if they live in a flat?

That hurts likes this.
  11. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Simples ... they'd need a longer extension lead :D

Pete2, foxtrott, jesim1 and 1 other person like this.
  12. stevil

stevil Busy Member

i would trip over that and claim from the muppets

SteveO and That hurts like this.
  13. Nubble

Nubble Donator

Maybe they would have a 'flat' battery? :shrug:
    :thumb:

Claypole, jesim1 and That hurts like this.
  14. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Don't 'lead' them on Nubble or you might get 'charged' for being flatist in these days of snowflakes complaining about every sodding thing they can :confused:

oedbachgen, Nubble and garyjm like this.
  15. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Stand on the wire with both feet and accidently touch it with your running chainsaw, might ruin the chain though! :D

16. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Major Poster

Maybe if people spent a little less time ogling their phones and a bit more time actually paying attention to what they're doing then they wouldn't trip over $h1t€ in the first place, seems the days of taking responsibility for yer own actions are long over... :rolleyes:

Once had some daft bint merrily jogging down the "middle" of the road in front of me, earphones in and blissfully ignorant of my presence, when I finally decided I'd had enough and a passing place became available I nipped past her and "didn't she jump" she went sodding mental at me claiming that I'd nearly knocked her over and how I could have killed her blah blah blah, when she finally wound her neck in and I managed to get a word in edgewise I sought to remind her that it was in actual fact a road and that if she took her chuffin earphones out and actually paid attention to what was going on around her then she might live a little longer, needless to say she didn't like that... :facepalm:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    Pugwash, Brother Caleb and Gary Jones like this.
  17. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

This wasn't you was it :D

TORNADOS7 likes this.
  18. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Major Poster

:laff:...

Not quite buddy, the reason I didn't push my way past sooner was cos the bint in question actually had quite a nice R's and I was admiring the view initially, until I got bored... :D:up:

SteveO likes this.
  19. MoggyM

MoggyM FLM

Government needs to put plugs in street lights and card scanner.

20. Lev Levvin

Lev Levvin Major Poster

I’m still not convinced about electric cars.

they spout out ‘250 mile range!’

hmmmm... ok... so you head off on your 200 mile journey...

then the weather gets a bit crappy... so you put the wipers and headlights on...

and the heaters to stay warm and demist the windows...

then you get stuck in slow, crawling motorway traffic for an hour...with heaters etc on full belt...

just how far into your ‘250 mile’ range will you actually get before your batteries get critically low???