1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

EdGun Leshiy - my pictures & ongoing thoughts

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by PiterM, Nov 1, 2016.

1. PiterM

PiterM Engaging Member

Yeah! Arrived! The woodland gnome 'Leshiy' landed in my hands quite recently. I'm not able to tell you too many details right now, I'm still too excited. And I need to use it for a while...

I don't have an extensive range of scopes to try on my Leshiy - so for now I can tell you, that my SWFA 1-4x24 with MilQuad reticle seems to be an awesome choice for general shooting. I'll later try also Vortex Diamondback HP 2-8x32 (but the reticle is a bit on a thick side) and last week I ordered Hawke Airmax 2-7x32 (superb reticle!) so I should be busy playing with Hawke soon. But so far SWFA works great.

I've tried two bipods, short Harris and some kind of cheap ebay bipod. Harris is superbly stabile, but the ebay one is more compact and lighter. And last but not least (for today) - it can be carried inside virtually ANY backpack! It's small enough to be carried in Tasmanian Tiger 'Essential' which is 6 (six!) liters pack. It's very packable. Love it

Ok, now some pics for you. More soon! I'll use this thead as an ongoing picture review of my

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy, more within a day or two :)

2506sendero, Blue BSA, ibo7 and 3 others like this.
  2. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

That look like it means business! Is the air cylinder incorporated into the stock?
    Also whats the barrel length?

3. Tim_B

Tim_B Pro Poster

Its nice to be different....I reckon we'll see more and more folding stock rifles...

thanks
    Tim B

4. PiterM

PiterM Engaging Member

Yes, it's 300 bar cylinder in a stock (and regulator too!). Folded (for transport only, no way to shoot) it's about 35cm long, in 'ready to fire' mode it is just below 64cm. 10 inch LW barrel, very effective silencer. Barrels are interchangeable and actual change takes just couple of minutes (.177 .222 .25 available). It's available as 12flbs of course, FAC available too. It's a serious barn hunter! Or great toy for ocasional long range plinking during weekend summer walk into the field. It's just pure fun. And built like a TANK!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    The Robin likes this.
  5. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

That looks great - be interested to read your review once it's been used a bit more.

Excellent images too :up:

6. PiterM

PiterM Engaging Member

Thanks! Yeah, I like photography a lot :)

I'll post here every now and then so after some time this thread should be kind of ongoing review. But as you said - I need time to get used to it but also (very important) to get my excitement down a little bit, lol! I really like compact portable airguns. Check my Lelya photo thread here as well. And this one is even smaller (folded) so yeah, my kind of airgun.

7. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

Lovely looking rifle and great pictures thanks for sharing.

8. sithe79

sithe79 Donator

That looks great! Ideal work rifle. Enjoy your new toy.
    Atb,
    Simon

9. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Great looking bit of kit you have, enjoy your shooting with it, I also like the quality of your pics:up:

10. PiterM

PiterM Engaging Member

Ok, some more thoughts. First of all it's not a bullpup, which is quite good news for couple of reasons. First of all it shoots like a classic air rifle. The pull length is actually just like on any standard non-bullpup gun, so there is no need to squeeze the torso/arms position as it is very often the case with ultra short bullpups. But it is also not as front heavy as standard rifle, so realy easy to aim, hold & shoot off hand. Another consequence is scope selection, which is quite easy - you can slap on Leshiy any scope (of reasonable size). Personally I think 32mm objective is max for my taste on Leshiy, but if you'd like you can even put SWFA 10x42 on it. The key is again pull length, which positions head more or less 4" from a scope. Usually the eye relief on a scope stays within 3 to 4 inches, so it's just right. You can always install a scope a bit to front or back and adjust eye relief. On my favorite small bullpup (EdGun Lelya) the head position vs scope is much more restricted and a lot of scopes just don't work / look good on Lelya. IMHO the Leshiy will be much less scope-picky vs any ultra short bullpup... and still shorter, easier to carry & more mobile (folded). Here's direct comparison with my Lelya in 'ready to fire' position and when folded. BTW, I still like Lelya a lot, very accurate for the size, different handling and THAT SLIDER (very 1911 like).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More tomorrow :)

mulletman6 and The Robin like this.
  11. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

This looks like a great little gun, so many options already catered for too. Like the option to switch out different barrel calibres.

Thanks for sharing and the pictures.

Do you have a link to the sellers please?

12. PiterM

PiterM Engaging Member

I'd like to avoid givin direct links and by that to favor some of them. Instead I can redirect you to EdGun dealers list so you can email or call them. Seen some available in .22 yesterday (online). And also extra barrels. Since I'd like to stay within 12fpe energy I'm very tempted to get .177 barrel as a second option. But at this moment only .25 optional barrels are available. I'll ask Santa for .177 so who knows :D

http://www.edgun.com/representativeseng.html

13. evenbad

evenbad Busy Member

14. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

EdGun Leshiy - my pictures & ongoing thoughts

Looks great for throwing in a bag as you say. I wouldn't like to have to explain if mr plod sees it though lol!

15. PiterM

PiterM Engaging Member

Well, I'm not sure about your local laws but I'd be more concerned to 'open carry' my Leshiy through the city vs. folded (unable to fire) in a backpack. Of course open carry is not a problem in certain parts of the world (most states in US, I guess) but in EU I'd avoid showing off the fact that I carry an air rifle or even a soft air replica, even by very military looking gun-bag. Or like this below - believe me, it'd be much harder to explain than carrying it inside my bag :D

[​IMG]

16. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant even in the field if a passerby saw it and called the police they'd automatically think firearm and you'd have some explaining to do.

I do like how it stuffs into a normal backpack though.

17. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

The same Can be said about most pcps most police panic and call armed response at sight of a bolt action pcp

The Robin likes this.
  18. katluke

katluke Donator

Lovely guns,powers that be more than likely find a reason to stop us having them as well just like the SA fiasco.

19. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

I see your point but you must admit this looks more like a gun a commando or terrorist (or even robocop) would carry rather than a hunter. You can see why some serious explaining would be required that's all.

Not saying it's right, in fact it's downright wrong, but that's how it would be.

20. PiterM

PiterM Engaging Member

Well, I know A LOT of airguns, which are black and don't look like a classic hunting rifle. Even my HW40 pistol from 10m away looks more like .44 Deser Eagle and not .177 toy. However, I have to admit - Leshiy does look cool and kinda dangerous and that IS part of the package you buy. Actually it's one of the cooles looking full-power airguns available today (for me of course). As long as it's legal I have no problem carrying it. What's even more important it is easy to incpect and if inspected by authorities there is NO DOUBT it's nothing more than just an airgun - the barrel is clearly without actual ammo chamber.

Speaking about the look... yeah, she's dead sexy, especially in the morning sun:

[​IMG]