1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Edc

Discussion in 'Knives & Tools' started by Petay, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Petay

Petay Donator

Though i'd start the section off with an Every Day Carry thread - Warning, it's picture heavy!

This is my collection of UK legal EDC blades, also have a few SAKs but thought i'd save them for another thread.

First up is a Higonokami Blue Paper Steel Japanese Folder
    Photo 17-01-2019, 11 42 50.jpg Photo 17-01-2019, 11 43 00.jpg Photo 17-01-2019, 11 43 15.jpg

This was bought for me as a Christmas present a few years back. The Japanese blue paper steel takes a screaming sharp edge but the design of the knife makes it really dangerous to use for anything more than letter opening or pencil sharpening so i rarely carry it.

Next up is a Black Fox Bean Gen 2.

Photo 17-01-2019, 11 43 29.jpg Photo 17-01-2019, 11 43 37.jpg

This is a great little knife i have recently got and has fast become my favourite to carry when i am in the city as its so unobtrusive. It's a design by Serge Panchenko custom knife maker and made en-mass by Black Fox who are i believe a sub brand of Fox knives. Pretty average 440c stainless steel and a simple ball detent to secure the blade.

Next is my TBS Boar EDC

Photo 17-01-2019, 11 44 10.jpg Photo 17-01-2019, 11 44 25.jpg Photo 17-01-2019, 11 44 38.jpg Photo 17-01-2019, 11 44 45.jpg

I have had this a while now and it is a cracking blade. Not the cheapest but well made with a strong slip joint. Blade is stainless steel and a full scandi grind. Takes a very good edge although the grind had some belly on it when i got it so needed some work on the course stones to bring it true. Scales are Turkish walnut that have had a ton of linseed and sanding followed by some of @nath92 wax to maintain them.

Moving on and this is my trusty Spyderco UKPK

Photo 17-01-2019, 11 45 00.jpg Photo 17-01-2019, 11 45 17.jpg Photo 17-01-2019, 11 45 28.jpg

This is IMO the best UK legal EDC money can buy. It is available in fancier steel but mine is the basic BD1N which is a US made tool steel. It takes a hair popping edge, wears pretty well and most importantly is rock solid in use. The combination of a strong slip joint and the forward finger choil make it all but impossible for the blade to close on your fingers. Ok so the scales are FRN which is basically fancy plastic but its very grippy, very well done and is by far the lightest blade i own.

Next we have my CRKT Liong Mah #5 Hennie Haynes Edition

Photo 17-01-2019, 11 45 38.jpg Photo 17-01-2019, 11 45 47.jpg Photo 17-01-2019, 11 45 59.jpg

This is a new blade that I am yet to carry in the wild. Its a well priced knife at just under £30 and for that money its very well made. Hennie Haynes Red G10 scales and an 8cr14mov Stainless steel which is a Chinese made equivalent to AUS8 steel by all accounts.
    This is a ball detent knife and in fairness the detent is not the best as the blade does not feel overly secure but the large and chunky forward finger choil makes up for this and it feel pretty secure in use.

Lastly we have the most expensive and fancy knife of the collection and one that is literally brand new - my Fox Suru UK Edition

Photo 17-01-2019, 11 46 11.jpg Photo 17-01-2019, 11 46 18.jpg Photo 17-01-2019, 11 46 26.jpg Photo 17-01-2019, 11 46 38.jpg

This to my eyes is an absolute stunner of a modern knife. Available in 4 different colour combinations i went for the black DLC coating with brass coloured hardware. The knife is a design by the legendary Jasper Vox - if you don't know his work it is very well worth a google.
    The scales are titanium with a DLC coating and the blade is a very very fancy M390 powdered super steel.
    This steel really is amazing stuff, gets as sharp as any quality carbon steel i have every tried, seems to hold its edge longer than any other steel i have seen full stop and is stainless to boot!
    It's a ball detent knife which is well executed and as solid as you can expect from this type of mechanism. The forward finger choil and compact blade size make this feel incredibly safe in use. This is going to be my go to EDC for the foreseeable future and not just because it was expensive - a truly epic knife.

So there we go, that's my EDC collection with more detail than you probably wanted :cool:

Let's see what you have...!

2. Chandelier man

Chandelier man Post Whore

87CF0811-C653-4650-AE60-BB1EF3795B8F.jpeg Some of your new aquicisions look familiar ...Have you been shopping on EM this week o_O

I just have my Spits for EDC when I am out and about but usually got a PM2 in my pocket during working hours

811FE226-EE79-45D4-8A8C-5FF610EEED26.jpeg

3. Rattymcrattyface

Rattymcrattyface Nobody's honkin' Manilow

Only have these supreme examples to hand atm. Must get a decent blade in all seriousness. Nice examples posted chaps.

Attached Files:

pjgtech and Petay like this.
  4. pjgtech

pjgtech The finest wines, we want em here, we want em now!

Got these.... knives various sept 20181.jpg

Attached Files:

Rattymcrattyface and oedbachgen like this.
  5. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Great write up with pics Petay:thumb:, not all knives I know, but my favorite one is the folding navy one top left that I bought when I was in the Sea Cadets in the late 50s, in HMS Ganges.

IMG_94241.JPG

6. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Couple more

KNIFE2.JPG

7. Petay

Petay Donator

Do fancy a PITS but not readily available new now.

Currently have a Tenacious as my main locking blade but have been contemplating a PM2 with digi camo scales for a while but the Benchmade 940 has recently caught my eye

8. Chandelier man

PM2 is my favourite :D I have a digicam PM2 and digicam Paramilitary ..... the Spits come up for sale every now and then on EM ..... one came on yesterday and sold straight away for £130 .... I sold my Pits Mk4 last week

9. Bsa177

Bsa177 Donator

Generally have my leatherman signal or wingman on me. Small dozier folder if space is tight. Esee 3 if hard work is required.

I get a little ocd on edges, they always have to be able to whittle a hair strand.

IMG_20181125_103106.jpg
    IMG_20181105_202354.jpg

ibo7, Rm29, Petay and 1 other person like this.
  10. hughlle

hughlle Very Active

Due to my line of work, this is my daily carry. TM Kai Shun. The other chefs laughed at the cost (even if for me it is anything but expensive) but they have to give theirs to the sharpening man every month or two, while in 12 months of solid use mine has never needed anything more than a quick hone on a steel to return to razor sharp.

[​IMG]

Not sure this counts as EDC, but for my time at home, I bought this Korean war M8A1 as my cheese knife :D

[​IMG]

GMballistic and Petay like this.
  11. 300bhp/ton

300bhp/ton Engaging Member

Cool collection. But not really EDC... :D

oedbachgen likes this.
  12. Rm29

Rm29 Currently obsessed with silencers

My favourite EDC...
    DSC_0044.JPG
    Esee 4, esee izula (both Stainless, my favourite for blades for some reason).
    Byrd tern (carbon steel cr13mov something) DSC_0046.JPG

For size comparison. Atm I prefer carry the izula (i have black scales for it but have them off atm). DSC_0047.JPG can't really see when carrying either.. ( i don't do the shopping with it! DSC_0048.JPG

I also like to carry this in case I get hungry DSC_0042.JPG

Attached Files:

oedbachgen and Mr wolf like this.
  13. cbrdave

cbrdave Nuts

No photos but I use a Gerber suspension for work edc, weekend edc is either one of my Saks or my CRKT Journeyer.

14. Rn76

Rn76 Busy Member

Some nice knives on show.i would be interested to know where you buy them from
    Ie:best website to use

15. Petay

Petay Donator

Hennie Haynes is probably the best.

The Bushcraft store have a decent range and obviously only place to get the TBS blades.

Knives and Tools are also good but prices can be off at times. Very good sharpening stones.

sidney likes this.
  16. Rn76

Rn76 Busy Member

Cheers petay will have a look at those sites

17. mikehill

mikehill Well-Known Member

Lamnia are good on price

18. Chandelier man

If you join EM or BC forums you will get discount codes for various knife retailers

19. TheNewbieShooter

TheNewbieShooter Keyboard Hero

Nice collection there but I don't think that Gerber gator is edc lol

20. GMballistic

GMballistic Donator

@Rn76 as @Petay mentioned Heinnie Haynes is probably the best. I've also used "Knives & Tools UK" in the past and the "Swiss Store" for Swiss Army knives.
    For some of my more unique finds though or older stuff Free Ads has been pretty good tbh as well as the odd car boot sale. ;)

My EDC when I'm not in work is a SAK "Champ" model in black as that has a really good selection of tools on it in a fairly compact un-intrusive size (worn on my belt in a SAK leather pouch).
    I always carry my Spyderco Bug on my car keys wherever I go as a neat little folding knife.Going to be changing it up this year though I think for something a little bigger. ;)