1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

ebola

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by lee hughes, Oct 8, 2014.

1. lee hughes

lee hughes Engaging Member

ebola could be on our door steps in six days according to news paper today,scarey **** or scare mongering what do you thing,,,my self could do more at the borders but see what happens and take it from there

2. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Big Poster

Our government will just sit on the fence, then close the gate, after the horse has bolted, people should not be allowed to enter the UK, from the effected countries, but as usual our government will do nothing, until it is too late.

3. dancza

dancza Donator

Closing the borders for a dangerous infection..

Sounds like Resident Evil stuff to me.

4. gixxer

gixxer Posting Addict

It is scarey,
    I don't worry so much for myself but for my 3 young girls I do as you know what it's like with kids at school .
    schools,g p surgeries ,hospitals ,work places ,public transport shopping centres.
    Like wildfire !.

5. culcreuch

culcreuch Donator

Well..... I am a Biomedical Scientist.....and the safety equipment we have been given by the NHS is a joke. I know.......I am ex Military, with just a little experience in that field.

6. reaper6

reaper6 Banned BANNED

I think the governments not telling us the real story here.....me thinks they are **** scared

7. harry brown

harry brown Banned BANNED

Yeah I'm **** scared too!

8. gixxer

gixxer Posting Addict

You may be correct. Hope not but having worked 25 years for gov.co.uk you won't get the truth.
    the worker bees need to make honey .
    im sure I read once that the Germans spread Asian flue to slow the pace down and hinder.
    Can't remember if this was during or after war.

9. jimwise68

jimwise68 Engaging Member

the ebola virus was produced by the us government and is patented at the US patent office. Don't believe me go check it out.

Lots of scaremongering to get you to take the ebola vaccine and make the pharma companies a shedload of money. check out also how much money was made from the swine flu vaccine. Even though it was never used.

10. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Forum Hopscotch Champion

11. Mart61

Mart61 Pro Poster

12. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

The Scots have had a run of poor joo-joo lately, hope this horror doesn't take a hold! :(

13. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

All bad vibes aside shouldnt aid workers returning be subject to a two week quarantine in a neutral off shore location . Yes its a good thing to volunteer to assist . However it does not give you the right to transport it home !!! its not the flu ! There is a case in Glasgow hospital now

14. Geordie

Geordie Donator

I think your spot on Grumps!
    I hear of missionaries going over to "Do their bit" too. That's fine, but don't expect to just jet back out of there. Q them all, either over there or a safe zone for a month.

15. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Grumps is a devout atheist but respect do gooders . I deal with a few in the trade and respect there beliefs . One group i like have a proper scrap licence and save me a fortune in skips there like bloody wombles and use everything . Grumps just has to tolerate some Jesus loves you banter and issue my standard response . If you going to start a fight stick in till the end . This Sky Fairy none sense is fine but dont think im sympathising when the first ebola case happens in a school :mad: Unfortunatly id say March at the latest . It may seem i just talk 5hit and i quite often do but i am a bit clever and know some very clever people !!!!!! Ebola was a topic of conversation around last nights camp fire ( chit chat for thread ) my friend is half way through a masters going onto a sponsored doctorate in Genetic research . General consensus among concerned bodies . Field day for pharmaceutical companies . I just dont understand what people call faith that endangers innocents

16. culcreuch

culcreuch Donator

Thought I would step in and clarify a few things. These are not do gooders and I don't think the Sky Fairy has much to do with it either. This is part of the UK response to the Ebola outbreak. The Uk has three treatment centres in Sierra Leone. These are run by three charities....one of which is Save the Children (as mentioned in the News Report) These require 3 teams of 16 each month. The staff come from the NHS and are deployed for 4 weeks before returning home. Pre deployment training is done by the Army Medical Services. The UK effort is co ordinated by Public Health England. The Charities are responsible for food, transport, insurance and security. In my conversations with Public Health Wales a few weeks ago.......It is my belief that policy for returning staff had not been finalised. I must admit....I was a little surprised to hear that normal civilian flights were being used for the return journey of that unfortunate lady in Glasgow. I do think however....it is much more sensible to try and stop it at source!

Brian

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  17. Whistler1

Whistler1 Donator

Helicopter tragedy,bin lorry tragedy....now ebola:eek:, 2015 cant be any worse...

18. sneakysniper

sneakysniper Donator

What they said!