1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Easy money

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Andy, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Just got this in my in box. :)

Greetings! How are you today? Hope fine? I'm using this medium to enquire if you'd be available to work for my family as a tourist guard on a trip we about to embark on. I'm Craig Hill and my wife's name is Jennie Hill, we are currently living and working as foreign investors in Phnom Penh, the Capital city of Kingdom Cambodia. We’re of Belgian, our daughters ages are 13 and 10 their names are Maria and Wendy. We are planning to pay a 21days visit to United States of America from 15th of march to 6th of April 2009 and it is included in our plan to maximize our stay in US, making sure that we visit at least 7 interesting cities in America, that means we are spending 3days in each city, so that is the main reason of contacting you to know if there are interesting tourist center in your city or your neighboring cities. We will be very happy if you pick interest in been our guard or you have someone that can be our guard. We require from you to state out the interesting parts we can visit in your city so they would be scheduled in our plans, we’ll also like you to tell us a little about yourself and the interesting part of yourself, to have an idea of who you are. You will be needed for 4 hours in a day and we are spending 3 days in each city, which means you will be our guard for 4 hrs per day and for 3 days making 12 hours all together. We are willing to pay $100 per hour, the total payment for this service is $1,200.00 for 12 hours, and an advance payment of 40% will be made to you, through my associate in Brooklyn New York. our visit commence from 15th of march to 6th of April 2009 You are left to choose your convenient 3 days from above stated date which is 21 days from 15th of march to 6th of April 2009, further more you should let us know your convenient 4 hours in the day perhaps in the morning or afternoon time; we will be responsible for all our the above stated date and your expenses during the visit. I will attach my family pictures to you in my next email and give you any important information that needs to be provided for you accordingly. Cheers Craig

2. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

Maybe this might interest James ;)

3. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Yes and he can bring us back some airgun goodies with all the money he might earn. :D

4. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

I will attach my family pictures to you in my next email and give you any important information that needs to be provided for you accordingly. Cheers Craig

Do let us see those family shots, I like a laugh.:D

5. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Can you provide your bank details, and your address so we can rob your account blind, and sell everything you have. :up::D

6. Comp

Comp Engaging Member

AWWHHHH!!! NOT FAIR!!!!!! Ive already set up a deal with Craig,... please dont 'muscle in', and queer my pitch, you rotten lot!!!!!!!!

I PROMISE I will buy you all a nice, new Daystate Mk4 out of the earnings, when I get them, if you dont poke your noses in,......;):D;):D;):D:up::up:

7. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Ok, me Andy, an Steve will mind ya house while your gone, leave the key's for the Ferrari and Steve will guard the he cellar with his life, and a little help from yours truly;):D

8. 12BoreMax=P

12BoreMax=P Posting Addict

:wtf: ? im comfuzeled !

9. hughie

hughie Posting Addict

i once got an email asking me for my bank details and passwords so that this millionaire could leave me a million quid!:D
    Do people actually fall for these scams:D
    My parents also got an email that looked like it had actually come from lotto saying we had won the lottery but we figured it out because the lotto website had a number of warnings about frequent false emails . Shame though it said we won £800,000 :eek: Now that scam i could see working unfortunatley :tsk:. They get you from the phone call cost when you ring up to claim your money:eek: Unbleivable and while your on the phone they also press you for your bank details:mad:

10. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

I had a letter about a year ago now, it said some woman was going to on a pilgrimage to pray for people in need, and someone I new had given her "my name" so she was asking me If I wanted her to pray, for me so as I could have good health and wealth, (yer right:rolleyes:) showed it the wife ...anyway about a week later, low and behold another letter ...It read, I prayed for you, and the lord answered my prayers, I have a Cheque for £100,000 with your name on it ....well I never, they said you cant take it with you ...well there must be a bank in heaven ...All I have to do is, Sign, for the acceptance, of the cheque "In my own hand writing using my usual signature" and send my bank details. :loco::loser::lol:

11. Comp

Comp Engaging Member

Hughie wrote " Do people actually fall for these scams:D "?

We make light of this, but I'm afraid, the gulliable, eldery, and the ones who are skint (ME!!), do fall for some of these scams,........

ADVICE!!! IF EVER YOU GET A DEAL THAT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS!!!!!

And, before you do anything else, enter the details from the letter/e-mail into 'Google', bet you get a load of warnings!!!

Cheers all, (Dont spend it all at once!!!) Fred

Edited to add, :- by the way, Ladies!!! watch out for one that did the rounds not long ago, that said it was for 'Women Only', not, under any circumstances to discuss with your boyfriend/husband etc,.... They were playing on the hope that the ladies are a touch more gulliable than the men,... no offence,.. be alert,....... (The country needs more lerts.... ) Fred

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  12. simply james

simply james Banned

theres loads of scamms out there

13. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

I was selling my boat and someone sent me a cheque that I hat to sighn to take money out of a charity'saccount.

he wanted me to steal the money from the account to pay for the boat.
    oh and i was to take out twice the amount of value from the boat and give him half.

yea screw that:rolleyes:]

How do people fall for this stuff anyway:confused:

14. simply james

simply james Banned

moneys getting tight ,the scammers are doing there best to make a living ,dont let it be you that gives them a easy time

15. Comp

Comp Engaging Member

Forget Craig!!!! Ive just had an e-mail from the widow of the (ex) minister of the Zimbabwe Financial Dept,.(died of AIDS, after a short illness, bless him....) .... {I shouldn't be telling you this, really.....} BUT, seems she seen my details on Facebook, and thinks I look a trustworthy type of guy, can I help her out?? I am just about to send her my bank details,... and, I'm in for 10%!!!! cant give you toooo many details, (bit hush,hush), but as soon as I get my 'wedge', trust me, I won't forget my mates on Airgunforum!!!!
    WERE IN THE MONEY!!!! WERE IN THE MONEY!!!!!!!

16. passking

passking Member