1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Driving Me Nuts.

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by MarkMark, Mar 13, 2019.

1. MarkMark

MarkMark Active Member

I don't think I am nor feel that I am the best driver in the world, I do however have plenty of logistic experience on the road driving all sorts of vehicles from Milk Floats to Articulated lorries.

So I do consider that my knowledge of the Highway code is a load better than the majority of those currently driving in the UK.

Did you know that on an average year there are 30 changes to road traffic legislation every year, in 10 years that's around the 300 mark and you will most likely be unaware of this, so you can be doing something that you were quite legal to do but changes mean that the very act is now, illegal.

Where I live, the city council love to use the sign that they are most famous for, thats the "No Loading" signs and temporary sign of choice when they want to restrict a road access for some reason over a period of time.

Many people get caught out and find that their car is ticketed despite paying and displaying... The reason is the "No Loading" also includes... NO PARKING OF ANY VEHICLE. Crafty eh...

So drivers in general, what is wrong with them, well how many people do you know hit the breaks on a main A road to allow a car to pull out of a GIVE WAY junction? Are these people retards or what?

Right of Way is another one that people seem to be struggling with as wel;l as the width of the vehicle they drive.

If you have to drive 4ft from a row of parked cars, then you should not be on the road.

A standard road is wide enough to drive three standard vehicles, not these big stupidity vehicles the people drive down the road across its width.

So this weeks incidents are...

5 counts of "Giving Way! when "Right of Way" was theirs.
    18 counts of failing to adhere to priority filters.
    8 counts of taking a corner turn as speeds less than 10mph when their way was clear...

I lost count of the numbers of vehicles that have owners that have that 3 yearsolds problem that they have when trying to stay between the lines when drawing, seems the parents have an issue parking "Between" the lines.

Why? They want to preserve their vehicles? Get real, grow up, its a box with an engine in it that has wheels that turn to get you from A to B. All these high power marquees are good for are killing yourself faster.

IMHO there should be a national shame week where people who are bad parking have not only their names and photos published in national papers but people who submit photos of that bad parking should also be shown and form the basis of how the DVLA not only publicly shame these people but IMHO should suggest a refresher driving test. Maybe people wouldn't be such dicks on the roads under that threat.

Where I live there is a long bay along the road, it is designed to fit 9 cars in it, the muppets on this close are such retards that they do not park as they should do and none can parallel park, so that means that your looking at 6 vehicles at most get parked in that bay.

I will applaud the day of a vehicle that can be intelligent enough to over ride the driver when doing stupid things that are snarling up traffic, you know the idiots that crawl across a traffic light junction and you get stuck at red because they were being morons...

I D K whats worse, idiot drivers or dumb ass neighbours who do not understand that coming back from a night club at 5am and piling in to your flat and playing music with your club rat pals waiting for taxis to become cheaper and buses to start running and wake up EVERYONE, not just me but the guy below me, the neighbour across the yard in a different block, you know, some people are just stupid, the housing manager has told the girl 3 times to stop or she will be evicted. Well since she has been served with an order to keep the peace, it has been obeyed, silly really, she could have done it voluntarily and with understanding why it is antisocial to treat your flat like a wardrobe stop between clubs and after party venue.

Nope... Just thought about it... what is really annoying is all these 3rd wave Feminists, SJW's and their virtue signalling beta male soy boy cucks. Thats what really hacks me.....

Gunfun and BiggaJ like this.
  2. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy

This is why I travel everywhere by chopper :p

pjgtech, Deadshot and MarkMark like this.
  3. MarkMark

MarkMark Active Member

As in Raleigh Chopper ?
    :p

danban likes this.
  4. MarkMark

MarkMark Active Member

That was a comedy door event to remember.... :D

5. mikeyhall1

Lol, very good :claping:

MarkMark likes this.
  6. bucketboy

bucketboy Post Whore

This is why I have a chauffeur!

Bb

7. MarkMark

MarkMark Active Member

Ooooh saucy you there, how many times have you?

Stop it, my tourette's is kicking off... hitting double entendres is an early sign ... ;)

8. Wing Commander

Wing Commander Engaging Member

When I was 19 (strewth, that was a LONG time ago...), I did a course for the Institute of Advanced Drivers test.
    The lectures were run by police driving instructors..... and they were brilliant.
    One of the first lessons they drilled into us was this:
    "Whilst driving, if you expect all other road users to be complete idiots, you will not be disappointed, and you can relax and have a little chuckle to yourself. . However, if you expect everyone to have immaculate road-craft, you will just get frustrated and wound-up and will become impatient with them".
    Their wise words have stood me in good stead for many years......... and I have had millions of good chuckles.

pjgtech, Gunfun and BiggaJ like this.
  9. Mike.lewis

Mike.lewis Donator

When I went on the bike safe course with the police a couple of years ago they said something similar - just remember every car driver is out to knock you off and kill you apart from the ones that haven't seen you, and when they do see you they will try to kill you aswell.

pbrown and Wing Commander like this.
  10. Pete236

Pete236 Little Member

I had a cracking good one yesterday morning.

M4 heading west, came across the A34 junction.
    Queue of traffic getting off the M4 onto the A34, lane 1 solid for about half a mile.

Woman in people carrier in front of me, lorry in lane 1 trying to get out into lane 2, my lane. I hang back to give him room, the woman suddenly dives left (no indicators) to go behind the lorry. There's not enough room as the lorry hasn't pulled out, so she stops with half the car still sticking out into lane 2, leaving me no-where to go. Traffic on my right in lane 3, managed to breathe in and slalom through the gap with about half an inch to spare either side, driving a fully loaded VW Caddy van which gets a bit tail-waggy under heavy breaking!
    I looked in the mirror and see that the silly moo has reversed back into lane 2 and accelerated like mad to find another gap to slot into further up the queue...

11. Tricky13

Tricky13 Keyboard Hero

I also like to travel by chopper..........and starting my road training on a bike i have always treated other road users as complete idiots and are out to murder me.

[​IMG]

12. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

This already exists and I have been toying with getting some business cards printed by Vista print to leave on people vehicles then take photos and post here:

http://youparklikeacunt.com/

I too also took an advanced drivers course many years ago and think this should be compulsory these days: the old adage 'if you expect the worst then you won't be surprised' always rings true with me.

I will happily take a 'parent'n'child space if available as there is no need for parents (and I am one) to have preferential parking, it is a life style choice not a bloody affliction in the same way people have disabilities.

You decided to have kids so park like any other normal person or do your shopping without taking the kids with you or better still on line!!

Had one or two run ins with some other parents over the years ... I don't mind confrontation though ;)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  13. Rob-GB

Rob-GB Busy Member

I could not agree more BiggaJ, last year the spaces for blue badge holders were full and the next space along was parent and child so we used that as my good lady has M.S. and got abuse from 3 women who had a child of about five or six with them and my response was similar to the underlined part of your post above with the addition of " my partner had no choice about M.S."
    Selfishness and a misguided sense of entitlement seems to be the order of the day, the parent and child idea was to assist parents with babies in buggies who needed a bit more parking space to get said buggy out safely, sadly it got co-opted by people who should need a licence to procreate.

BiggaJ likes this.
  14. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

Totally agree, my mum is disabled and they sometimes get abuse because she can walk short distances with sticks but mainly uses a Benidorm style electric scooter.

My wife refers to these women with kids as 'The Golden Womb' brigade ... they come over as though the world owes them everything just because they managed to have a child!! when in reality they should have been credit and mentally checked before being allowed get knocked up!!

15. Tricky13

Tricky13 Keyboard Hero

I have started to park in parent and child bays now as i really cant see any justification...and also i have trouble walking with my knees but wont apply for a blue badge like all the other scammers i have seen practically sprinting from their cars!.......its not a bloody affliction you just have a child like most of us have had...we managed the only reason i that could justify having a dedicated parking space would be because you haven't taught you children to not smash their car doors into other peoples cars.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    isuzutrooperoffr, BiggaJ and MarkMark like this.
  16. MarkMark

MarkMark Active Member

You'd be surprised at the numbers of people who have disability blue badges, I don't have one, could have one but chose not to seek to be "Special" while there are genuinely a need for some kind of blue badge, they all get abused.

So when I park in a disabled parking space in a supermarket parking space, lawfully they can't say owt, its not enforceable, even if you have a charge notice, its private land and laws exist about that type of activity. Reality is I wouldn't need a blue badge as I can prove my disability as I have actually been to and won my own court case where I represented myself. It is a matter of "public Record" and can not be refuted.

I always park nearest to the door like everyone else does, even if it is a parent and child bay, its a private car park, only difference is if the land is council owned, then thats a whole new ball game.

Bad driving, I have been uploading videos when I can and when the dash cam doesn't run out of space and other issues I have with the thing, take last night, had to call in an incident where some git in a 66 plate what I call a p***k mobile (you know, X5's and those large audi type cars that look like land rovers) jammed on their breaks twice and it was caught on dash camera, they attempted a third time when they must have thought I was following them, I was turning left in to a road when just immediately after, again they try the breaks thing again.

My impression was that the vehicle was likely on HP and they were stuffed for cash and the git was trying to have an accident where its a rear end job and I would have got the blame.

Two things,
    1. ABS just been fixed after the ABS ring cracked
    ii. Breaks are less than 3 months old
    and
    C. I am wise to it, had some dodgy guy ask me if I wanted to make some easy cash one day and then got the full lo-down on the hows... I told the guy not interested, was able to give the police a brilliant description, they knew who he was from my description.

With every new day on the road, I do think that there is justification for a driver-less car or they have got to re-test everyone and stricter testing and I do believe that road driving should be in stages, As in... Local Roads, Country Roads and Motorways all have their unique conditions and hazards. Its same for vehicles, why can someone pss their test in a mini and then jump in to a lambo?

Drivers should be staged and graded on what size engine and vehicle they can drive or have been graded for. You have to be tested for HGV and other heavy machinery, track laying vehicles and why not the vehicle vs experience and ability? Sort he Alphas from the Beta's very quickly.

Pete236 likes this.
  17. zeeco

zeeco Donator

Only fit birds can ride my chopper!

DUNKS likes this.
  18. mikeyhall1

:eek:

19. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

A high power marquee? Is that travelling within tent?

warrenater likes this.
  20. DUNKS

DUNKS Keyboard Hero

MARK MARK Do you not consider that you give offence when you blanket brand drivers of certain cars as p---ks as you call them?
    A Q7 big Audi "like a land rover" is my sons choice of transport and very nice it is too.
    You are in Notts as are we. Perhaps you would like to PM me and have a little meet so that you can teach him how to drive to your exacting standards also to explain why his vehicle is a p---k one!

He might also give you few pointers on spelling It's BRAKES.

BiggaJ and Tricky13 like this.