1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Dragging And Dropping Pics

Discussion in 'How to...' started by Hiram, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Hiram

Hiram Busy Member

Sometimes it works for me. More frequently I get timed out or something. The screen freezes for a while then I get an "Airgunforumuk not responding. Reload webpage?" message. Very aggravating when it takes eight or nine attempts to load a pic. Any ideas?

2. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Sometimes happens to me Hiram which is why I always use either file upload or copy/paste now :up:

3. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Top Poster

Funny, copy and paste and drag has never worked for me. I always say the picture and then upload file

4. Sky

Sky Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Are your pictures large? If so, the forum software resizes them so this may be 'hanging' if they're too big.

We've not had problems with this so far though, so I don't know for sure and I've tested it on some pretty big files.

It might be worth trying the Upload File button as Mike suggests, but AFAIK it does exactly the same thing. :shrug:

5. terry1001

terry1001 Donator

The current options aren't as simple as used to be the case where it was possible to choose 'image' and then choose either from a website or local files. I find dragging/dropping to be very hit and miss but I've not used 'upload' yet.

6. Hiram

Hiram Busy Member

Thanks Fellas. This only started when I got a new phone with a better camera so I'm thinking that that may have something to do with it. Maybe it increases the file size? I know nothing about this kind of stuff. I'm still at TRS80 model 1 tech level.

Sky likes this.