1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Double Standards of the BBC

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by Elk hunter, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

What's Expectable
    Just watching "Into the wild with Gordon Buchanan" with Dermot O'Leary on BBC2. They have just been fishing and killed everything they caught to eat as Dermot is a very keen fisherman and enjoys cooking them. Also Dermot did the killing deed himself ......no issue there.

But if he'd shot the stag they saw earlier, there would be a public outcry for his head......

All I can determine is being TV personally and killing an animal for food expectable .....as long as its butt ugly according to the BBC.
    But Chris The Tit can use my licence fee to canvas his anti shooting and field sport to all, yet let fish die by the thousands in the pass time we call sport as well as food.

Just ruins my day.
    Andrew.

2. bunny basher

bunny basher Engaging Member

that,s the way it works mate no one cares about there fish and chips as long as you don,t blast Bambi or thumper because they are sweet and furry and kids like them that,s the rules

3. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Vegetarians and the anti hunting mob are just a bunch of hypocrites!

they are against the slaughte of animals for human consumption, but eat fish and chicken.............

.............F@@K OFF!

4. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

Im sure the reason is genetics. Humans are mammals and therefore more protective of other mammals but less so of birds and even less so of more distantly related fish.

5. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

In reply to the the OP I absolutely despise the BBC and their funding by theft. The finding by their investigative team that Chris Packham was not a BBC wildlife presenter and therefore not subject to the rules of keeping away from controversy beggars belief. Then again the BBC have a long and proud history of protecting their own, even when they are guilty of the most revolting and shameful crime known.

On another note, because this has got me going now, I'd like to mention Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall. I used to really enjoy his program swapping eggs for seeds and hospitality for hay on his Dorset smallholding so he could eat the finest food and live a comfy lazy existence. I thought the points he made on animal welfare and promotion of the best animal husbandry were very good. That was until I saw him catch a load of baby eels and kill them by pan frying them alive in oil. The self-serving little a-hole then went on to criticise the poultry industry wholesale for raising chickens indoors.

How can you burn an animal to death in oil then declare you are the authority to police others on how they treat animals?

6. evenbad

evenbad Evenbad

You have never heard a lobster cry as they are boiled alive!! neither have I but my mate said it was pitiful! Totally agree with your views about the BBC protecting their own scumbags the lot of them.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  7. Trampilot

Trampilot Keyboard Hero

And today is the BBC's crowning glory of double standards... Children In Need. After decades of knowlingly paying paedophiles to present programmes they still peddle this charity. Probably out of guilt.

Loath them and still find it hard to pay the licence, only because I have to in order to watch other channels.

I find their news coverage particularly awful. Full of ultra-left wing tripe and non-news events.

8. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

You can actually blame Disney for anthropomorphising certain animals to use in films. Now people actually believe that's how some animals behave in the wild after being raised on those films :rolleyes:

If films like Nemo keep coming out it will be fish soon too....

9. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

People really need to accept that animals eat other animals,

and humans eat animals.

and sometimes animals eat humans:)

10. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

I completely agree with this, and particularly your last point.

Boils my blood when a predatory animal happens to come across a dumb ass human and does what's natural and kills and eats him so we send out a hunting party and kill it because its a 'man eater'. In reality its revenge and retaliation.

Like that polar bear that ate that young man a couple of years ago. Food is scare where polar bears live (thanks to man made factors like climate change and overfishing), the kid was stupid wandering around alone, what else was the polar bear going to do? Yes I understand its devastating for the family but to take revenge on an animal doing what its programmed to do is too much IMO. Come up with ways to stop it happening again yes (by not being stupid enough to wander around near polar bears alone preferably).

Anyway rant over :)

11. Trampilot

Trampilot Keyboard Hero

12. david3392

david3392 Engaging Member

Are you referring to the polar bear attack on the BSES party in Spitsbergen a couple of years ago? The victim was not on his own and was a member of an organised exhibition that had a variety of deterrents including, as a last resort, a K98 Mauser rifle. The bear wandered into their camp (probably atracted by food) and attacked and killed the youth as well as injuring others. The bear was shot dead to prevent further death and injury, not as an act of revenge.

It could be argued that the bear would be still alve if the party had not been there in the first place but they were and did all they could to scare it away before shooting it. I've been in a similar situation in Spitsbergen on a separate expedition and just wanted to set the record straight.

Defending yourself whilst being attacked is acceptable but I do agree that sending out a hunting party to track down a 'man eater' long after the event is not necessary and could be regarded as revenge in that instance.

13. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

No I meant the wildlife photographer in Siberia

14. maz1

maz1 Engaging Member

Well don't pay the TV licence then , there is nothing they can do just send you empty threats.
    I haven't payed now for over 8 years .
    And I will never pay them ever again.
    cheers maz.

15. Mortimer

Mortimer Big Poster

16. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

If you think you won't go to prison for not paying your tv license fair play but if you've a tv and no license you tell the courts you refuse to pay it and take the gamble.

17. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

Its actually pretty safe not paying the licence fee. The inspectors use intimidation and threats but have no more enforcement power than a milkman, actually it's less than a milkman as you have a contract with him.

If a TV can be seen at your property from the road/pavement/public area you have a bit of a problem but even that has work arounds so long as it isn't seen to be receiving.

The folks who end up in court tell the inspectors their name, let them in or make an admission. Don't ever do any of these things. Say a TV licence is not required at your address don't give a name or confirm you are the occupier. Tell them not to come back.

18. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

https://youtu.be/dqAhlWobiDc

19. chivy

chivy Engaging Member

after 20 years with no tv and no licence i got fedup with the constant threats from the bbc, i should have kept all their letters, telling me i'll go to prison get a criminal record, or how they can or will enter my property by force, etc. and i used to cheerfully let them in to inspect the house for a telly.
    but enough, and i have taken to charging them £50 for a tour of my property plus £20 for the outbuildings. tea and a sandwich will be extra. and that makes it 27 years without there Censored.
    now they occasionally pop a note through the door to say i was out? when they called. and im yet to catch the b*****s as i want that money for the tour.

do you remember the coverage they gave the few thousand CND people? or the way the ignored the half a million pro hunting marchers?

20. chivy

chivy Engaging Member

here is an idea for you, how about a total strike on all forms of pest control, inside the m25? i can almost see it in the news, "today the army has been called in to deal with the vermin problem. and have started shelling the waste transfer stations"