1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Double Loading Hw100?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by pjgtech, May 18, 2019.

1. pjgtech

pjgtech Never let an Idiot drag you down to their level

I always thought that Weihrauch HW100 had some sort of system to stop double loading pellets? not really quite sure what this system is?

However, at the range today, one of the regular old boys brought his in and after a bit, he seemed to be having problems, turned out he had double loaded it and the 2nd pellet had got wedged and the mag was stuck! (Could not take the mag out).

So, after much fiddling, fettling, pulling, pushing, wiggling and prodding, the mag was eventually extracted, slowly slicing / flattening the stuck pellet in two, thus releasing the mag.

When we then checked the barrel two pellets fell out, one forced inside the skirt of the other, then another pellet fell out, and lastly there was the pellet half stuck in the breach and half stuck in the mag (which we slowly halved whilst forcing the mag out), so, all in all, the old boy had managed to not double load, not a triple load, but a quadrupal load!!!! :facepalm:

But, as above I thought this was impossible, so how come it is in fact possible? So, does anyone know how the anti double load system is meant to work, and how it failed on this occasion?

2. Rattymcrattyface

Rattymcrattyface STRAP IN

Did he flick the mag lock and spin the mag one hole over?

Blackmax likes this.
  3. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Amazing Poster

The only way you can double load a 100 is failing to push the mag retaining switch back buddy

Jukebox likes this.
  4. pjgtech

Right, that must be what he did then, hes a sweet old fella, he has loads, and I do mean LOADS of guns, brings about four different ones in every week! We usually have to zero them for him.....But he swore blind that he did not force in any pellets, but that barrel was were more bunged up than a tight a*se with constipation! At least we sorted it out for him..... :D

5. steve c.

steve c. Member

....er not quite. My brother had a HW100 prior to the quick fill model, and by not fully screwing the cylinder in the pressure available gradually dropped until there wasn't enough to push the pellet out of the barrel......I think he'd got about 10 stuck.

Shotaholic likes this.
  6. Bagster66

Bagster66 Posting Addict

If you have a pellet up the tube and think your out and load another mag you will put another up the tube.
    It can be double loaded, it's just not the gun doing it ;)

7. Sutty

Sutty Engaging Member

I'm new to this and only had my hw100kt a few months, but as far as I can see this doesn't cause a double load either. If the mag retaining switch isn't engaged then when you try to load the mag fails to rotate and you "load" the fresh air where the last pellet was in the mag.
    If you try to load a 2nd Pellet (with the mag retainer in place) then the mag doesn't rotate if you haven't fired.
    If you load then decock, then load again I think you could do it - and you could repeat as many times as you like.

Seamaster likes this.
  8. Sutty

Sutty Engaging Member

Just checked this and I was right, load-decock-load-decock etc will put multiple pellets in the barrel (obviously I did this with the mag empty!!).
    Not engaging the mag retainer simply fails to rotate the mag - no double load.

Seamaster likes this.
  9. edtwozeronine

edtwozeronine Donator

Mine went back to hull cartridge for a leak and they found the side lever was faulty too, just as well really. I've never managed to double load though!

10. pjgtech

He didn't seem to know how he did it? as I said above, he brings loads of guns in, and we often have to zero them for him, as he seems incapable of doing it himself, I don't mind as I get to try loads of other rifles... :thumb:
    Does make me wonder though, he's obviously been shooting for years, he has loads of guns, but he seems clueless about how most of them work, and he does not really understand scopes and can't zero his own guns, still.... gets him out the house for a few hours... :facepalm:

Seamaster, Tubbs and Rattymcrattyface like this.
  11. Rattymcrattyface

Rattymcrattyface STRAP IN

Bless him:D

Seamaster and Tubbs like this.
  12. Kadushu

Kadushu Engaging Member

Maybe he was manually rotating the mag if he'd forgotten how to engage the lock. He doesn't sound very with it.

13. StellaArtois Sr

StellaArtois Sr Springer Whore

All the more reasons for sticking with Springers :mao:
    I didn't tell anyone I bought a full length HW100 recently did I :confused:
    Ade :thumb:

14. John Entwistle

John Entwistle Busy Member

Sadly I’m my first few weeks of owning one I did this :(

15. bob4026

bob4026 Posting Addict

So basically, you CAN double load one, but you have to change your routine considerably and go well out of your way to do it?

I have owned a few 100's over the many years I have been shooting, but not once double loaded after 1000's of shots.

Good guns the 100's.

Seamaster and Bagster66 like this.
  16. Kadushu

Kadushu Engaging Member

You can double load a springer too if you're determined to do things wrong!

bob4026, Seamaster and John Entwistle like this.
  17. John Entwistle

John Entwistle Busy Member

I did learn only done it the once :)

Bagster66 and bob4026 like this.
  18. Borisvanderput

Borisvanderput Engaging Member

Second this!

19. Cornish Kev

Cornish Kev Well-Known Member

I have seen the HW100 double loaded and could not under how this was happening having used them since thier release.

What we found is that the owner was not fully seating the air tube because he did not want to mark the gun when filling. When the air tube was fully seated the fill probe was very close. Local dealer swapped air tube and problem solved by the filling probe hole being in a slightly different place.