1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Don't understand what the problem is??????

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by aldablue, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aldablue

aldablue Engaging Member

Nice to know that if you ask a question thats already been covered that a mod will close your post even if members are commenting and giving you help. and to add to that, that you comment you searched for the information but cant find it and a mod highlights it and comments "REALLY" implying that your lying. Iv'e learned everything I know from this site and had loads of help from members but REALLY can't understand why a post gets closed because it already been covered in the past #RantOver

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  2. Lydford

Lydford Posting Addict

Who closed the thread?

3. milek

milek Honorary Member

In fairness an explanation was provided by the mod in question.

4. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

I cant see why it was closed it wasnt getting out of hand or anything .alot of subjects have been done to death but thats how it is .most were voting .177 and perhaps jrk prefers .22 lol

5. Hodg

Hodg Donator

Yeah but in fairness Mick if people dont want to contribute to a thread just ignore it why do new people to this forum have to have so much drama when they ask a question. When you search for something you have to troll through all the threads that come up to try to find the answer you want when someone might have something new to add that wasnt in the old threads. It rags me off when people make comments to newbies because they ask a question that has been asked before.

6. critter

critter Donator

I don't mind seeing a post twice or several times as not everyone on here will have seen the first post in the first place. So lets all agree to didagree lol. Plus someone may have some new advice to add or comment not mentioned in the first place.

7. Meteor62

Meteor62 Major Poster

I too couldn't believe the way it was closed down. its an age old question that all newbies ask, so if the subject bores you move on to another thread and ignore it. I have spoke to another respected forum member earlier this week and he too is of the opinion this forum is becoming a little bit strict and lacking in sense of humour and as a result doesn't post as much.

This week I posted a what I thought was a light hearted reply on a thread and couldn't believe it when I saw it had been deleted. That smacks of dictatorship.

Won't be surprised if I get deleted now.

8. MightyOak

MightyOak Engaging Member

Morning Alda
    I can understand that you didnt find anything if you searched with just the characters .22, the forum wont search on 3 charcters. Well it doesnt for me.

If you dont already know its easier to do a detailed search say for example ' .177 .22 .20 hunting ' using google and type in ....

site:airgunforum.co.uk .177 .22 .20 hunting

Cheers
    MO

9. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

hello, to be fair you got a few views and info which is about the usual for most threads and this .177 against .22 for hunting has been done before and there a other threads offering info on different pellets to a particular air weapon. but as most will say its just trial and error on your own. i have gone from .22 to .177 for hunting, rats i still use .22. there are some good forum members on here with knowledge on nv/ torches/hunting/ technical etc etc. so it pays to search old threads and still gain much info as well as asking your self. anyway good luck on your new hobby

10. Andy_J

Andy_J Replica Airgun Enthusiast

I have never understood why people just can't be good mannered and polite to noobs asking questions. Everyone was new once. Mods, please don't let this forum go the way of the B.B.S. That's how it started there. Moderators with not much experience suddenly given the power to zap who and what they like. It ruined a good forum over the years. And yes, it is a personal power trip in some cases. And . help ya if you have a different opinion of a so called impartial moderator. I saw so many good members with years of useful knowledge get deleted, perma banned etc just for not agreeing with a moderator.

So come on guys, lets keep this forum friendly and not like the darkside.

11. JLB

JLB Busy Member

Couldn't agree more :up:

John:)

12. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

I wonder if it is the same Mod that asked me to say " Pleeeeaaase" when I asked a question .
    i posted it by post quick reply at bottom of the thread so did not have to write a story for the short question.
    i am fairly new to this site and have posted as well as viewed in my short time here.
    Remarks like this will put new members off from posting.
    shame really as it is a fantastic forum.

13. ruben

ruben Engaging Member

14. kal el

kal el Posting Addict

il be honest ive been here just over 3 years and the .22 vs .177 and r10 vs hw 100 always end up in slanging matches with someone getting banned for getting too excited.

it becomes boring after someone lights the fuse, lets just say .177 has a flatter trajectory and is favoured in ft etc and .22 is more bowed and my cal of choice, for my reasons and mine only, both calibres are fine for hunting uk quarry, what you prefer is your personal preferance and not worth going mad about,

.20 .25 and .308 are all available but not as common. if you get to a range and people will let you try various calibres, see what fits you best and form your own opinion, dont just follow the crowd and preach what is best as there is no right or wrong.

cheers kris

15. Lydford

Lydford Posting Addict

Have to agree with you Andy. I have received two supercilious comments recently from a certain moderator (not the one who closed down the thread in question) which were quite frankly uncalled for.
    The 'other' forum used to be extremely fair and friendly but degenerated into what you describe above. I do hope this doesn't happen to what is the best Airgun forum in Britain.

16. bren

bren Busy Member

Brilliant forum and the mods give their time for free but they cant always get it right ..... the times it turns nasty then its simple send someone on holiday its easy enough to see who needs it !

17. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

None of u have to moderate the forum so ave no idea to what time mods and admin put in on any other forum the members would support the actions of mods admin as with out tne time and effort they put in you wouldnt have a forum and its time they dont get paid for im admin/mod on theoben site takes up most my free time a fraction the size of this forum time i could be out having fun or sending time with my family how about a bit if gratituded to the mods / admin after all as i say u wouldnt be here with out them and bit bit less bitching and moaning about them u have no dea what goes on behind a forum to make it run smoothly

18. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

Well said Dave
    Slagging the mods off is a big no no in my book
    Seems it is a thankless task they are doing behind the scenes
    If they do get something wrong cut them some slack they are only human i think :)
    As for the .22 vs .177 i never get involved as its boring and such threads always end in a slanging match

19. Lydford

Lydford Posting Addict

I think you might be missing the point somewhat. Im sure that most, if not all, members appreciate the time and effort it takes to present a forum of this calibre (no pun intended!) but to be unable to debate issues like the the one in question would make this forum something less than it has come to be.

20. Andy_J

Andy_J Replica Airgun Enthusiast

What are you talking about? I am not a member of the B.B.S. Are you a moderator on there? Why do you say this? How can I leave said forum if I am perma banned from there?

I would expect you to provide an apology to me here for saying I lack integrity and character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.