1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Don't it just get up my nose !

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by andyh, Aug 6, 2008.

1. andyh

andyh Engaging Member

Recently I gave away an air rifle, absolutely free, a Beeman Gh500. I stated it would be pick-up only.Now the bloke as would have liked it for his daughter lives a fair distance away from me so I arranged for the air rifle to go to my brothers house so the bloke could drive and pick it up from my brother as the distance between my bro and the bloke who wanted it wasn't to far to go. Anyway the bloke who wanted it failed to pick it up for whatever reason and my bro returned it to me as he'd had enough of it hanging around his house for a month, near as makes no difference.
    Now being a good hearted person I got in contact with the bloke and said I'd post it at a cost of £12 if he paid postage. No problem he says and I give him my address to send the postage costs too. Now numerous weeks later and countless pms' to the bloke and his insistance that he'll send the money I still have received nothing.
    I am now really disappointed with the bloke and his attitude as I'm sure you would be in the same situation. He stated in a pm that the gun was fine and his daughter really liked it so he didn't get a duff rifle from me. What's even more disappointing is that the bloke is a very active user of the forumand not someone I would expect to be a complete p155 taker.
    I haven't named him to give him a chance to mend the situation, he has my address I know and can send the money and if you want to find out who it is I suggest you go click here and work it out for yourself.
    Bargain Free to good home, Beeman GH 500. - Airgunforum

I bet you'll be surprised who it is and if this thread gets deleted I'll be somewhat disappointed. He's had so many opportunities to send the money and even stated in a pm the money was in an envelope to send to me but he'd lost my address.I sent him a pm with my address last week on the 30th July here's his reply a to which I sent him my address for the umpteenth time.
    "sorry andy i've been logging on through my blackberry whilst i changed isp i couldn't read or send any pms i've got your money sat here in an envelope but i've deleted your address from my pm box could i have it again please along with your phone number so i can check you get it please"
    He had my reply next day and still no dosh here, just really pi553d off that my good nature and me putting myself out for someone leavesmeout of pocket.:mad:

As far as I'm concerned he's a ****, he can send the money if he wants but I don't think I'll get it, nuff said :mad:

2. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

You have a genuine, reason for posting this, and it will not be deleted, l honestly hope you get, the £12 that your good nature deserves:up:

3. clabby

clabby Banned

you were ovesly very trusting to give the gun away and post it in good faith to recive yer money back. it is quite upsetting that somone we all now and got on with wood do that. any ways take care

clabby

4. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

well when things get up you nose the best thing to do is sneeze:D

5. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

everything's a joke to you isn't it...your a sad person

6. halight

halight Busy Member

Hi all andya i was very sorry to read what has happend. Everyone on here chatted to the guy abd i think got on with him and liked him. I hope what has happend will not put you off useing the forum.

As for everyone else on here i think we should keep a look out just in case he rejoins under a diffrent name and trrys to take advange of somone else!

7. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

dont worry andy ive spoken to andy h over PM;)
    ive said my serious part and said the sneeze thing in the PM
    andyh will be fine with it dont worry.

andy has it out of the system on my part so no worries

8. Leeman

Leeman Busy Member

Put is up for sale again and hopefully this time a serious person will contact you about it.

9. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

I think you have missed the point, Leeman, andyh has posted it, to "whom ever" at the price of £12, the gun was free, but he wanted reinbursing for the cost, of postage, of which is "£12"

10. simply james

simply james Banned

some people just take the pi** out of kind hearted people,get on with your life mate it was a nice gesture but your kindness fell on deaf ears.

11. sumo

sumo Posting Addict

Well said Jim:up:

Ian.

12. sumo

sumo Posting Addict

what does "bump" mean???.

13. andyh

andyh Engaging Member

Well here I am back from my hols,weather coud have been kinder and the fishing better but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
    On returning home I have a letter from the person concerned with the post date stamped 07-08-08 Bristol 03:12pm. Well pleased until I open the envelope and find a note. "Please find enclosed £20 to cover your post and packing, thanks
    What £20 note ? there's nothing else in it. WTF :mad:
    The envelope was sealed with tape and does not appear to be tampered with in the post. I'm not saying it hasn't been tampered with in the post cos I don't know who taped the envelope.
    As far as I'm concerned that's the end of the matter. Obviously he who's concerned will say £20 was in envelope but it never arrived so **** it!
    Make up your own minds about it but I tell you this. Every word I have written is fact. Whether he who's concerned put the £20 in the envelope I don't think I'll ever know but you can all make your minds up about it and what would you think if you were in my shoes.
    All I wanted was for the little Beeman to be used rather than gather dust and the fact it was to be used by a youngster I thought was ideal.
    Still never mind, could be worse, my mate who's a builder just got knocked for £18,000 by another company who just went into receivership, (Yes you read it right).
    Don't worry about a1, we got on well and I enjoy his little quips, (Quips = funny comment a1 if you didn't know which I expect you didn't :D) and it don't put me off using the forum or taking part. Thanks for your comments guys. Just disheartening trying to do a favour then get the p**s took, seriously though I do hope his little girl gets some fun out of the rifle.
    Andyh

14. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

bend over and i'll show you:D

15. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

What you tired of the sheep:D

16. clabby

clabby Banned

i always new he was gay or swung that way!

andy the person will get his comupence. life will bite him on the ass.

17. andyh

andyh Engaging Member

You saying a1's gay ? Well he is a sailor :D
    As far as I'm concerned this whole issue is done with now. :up:

18. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

no its a game.

you slam your bum against somone elses untill one of you falls over:)
    whats gay mean:confused:

19. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Sorry love, dont have a clue;):D

20. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

oh look dafydd thomas has come down from llandewy brefi maby he can tell me what a gay is:confused:

[video=youtube;dBkgCATMvRE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBkgCATMvRE[/video]